iboughtleosbooklist

The purpose of life after realizing absolute solipsism is to avoid pain and suffering

19 posts in this topic

This is the only logical thing to do. There will be plenty of time to 'love' in your next incarnations. That's the genius of God's creation. While you are asleep you can go through the suffering/relief cycle which is desiring and fulfillment. The only motivation in slept life is finitude and fear of missing out. We are told "one day you'll die, and that's it" so we run around in a rush to experience everything, ignoring our own suffering because "it's only temporary". Once you realize your own immortality, suffering becomes a lot more serious. All the most horrible things you experienced you are now aware you will experience them again for eternity. The only thing left to do is avoid painful and traumatic experiences and bad trips. If there are positive facets I'm missing then they can be unveiled at the moment of my death. Until then, ignorance is bliss.

Notice how fear based this is

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

just the opposite. The most practical thing is to look for suffering, pain, danger and difficulty, exposing yourself to life, in order to lose fear and be free.

You can't escape your fears for good by avoiding them, or pretending they do not exist. Because like with everything, you don't have fear, you become fear when you fear. So your fear is you, a part of you. Best pointer to what fear is, is fobia. Fobia is the essence of fear which is... nothing. There's nothing there. It's is just your imagination, which is another pointer that tells something you about power of your imagination. That is very interesting stuff. Quite bizzare how it works... Anyway sooner or later everyone will have to face one's illusion, go through it like through thick dark cloud which presents to you as a monster on a line of horizon, but when you are geting closer and closer it's just a shape and color of a steam water. Breath it in, breath it out.

58 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

just the opposite. The most practical thing is to look for suffering, pain, danger and difficulty, exposing yourself to life, in order to lose fear and be free.

Be free from what exactly? 

"To escape suffering, you gotta immerse yourself in suffering "?

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

The only purpose of life is to discover the mind of God, in other words : to live 

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

To be free of fear. You can't escape of suffering. when suffering comes, you will not be able to avoid it. If throughout your life you have sought comfort and have escaped from any harshness, the suffering will be very traumatic. If your attitude towards life has been one of courage and not skimping on harshness, you will face it naturally

5 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

To be free of fear. You can't escape of suffering. when suffering comes, you will not be able to avoid it. If throughout your life you have sought comfort and have escaped from any harshness, the suffering will be very traumatic. If your attitude towards life has been one of courage and not skimping on harshness, you will face it naturally

its actually only in the ego-mind that we suffer at all.  Suffering can't touch the absolute.  Only when you're identified as  a separate individual.

.every tough situation  is a lesson to learn so we can do it better next time. but instead of preparing for future we regret the past thus not prepare for next opportunity at all… and as a  result we suffer again. not because we're not lucky but because we aint prepared.

I think  that its good to be prepared but not get the opportunity rather than having an opportunity but not prepared at all.

Also ,a question came to mind:

do you distinguish between Suffering and pain ? They say the latter is inevitable but  the first is optional .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

do you distinguish between Suffering and pain ? They say the latter is inevitable but  the first is optional .

26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Of course. Pain is a physical response that can or not generate suffering. 

the possibilities of human suffering are vast. from being locked in a box for three years to watching your children die of a degenerative disease. the human being suffers.

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

Of course. Pain is a physical response that can or not generate suffering. 

When does it generate suffering and when does it not ? Where  do you draw the line ?

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

the possibilities of human suffering are vast. from being locked in a box for three years to watching your children die of a degenerative disease. the human being suffers.

Yeah you could think up a million ways of different ways of suffering.  Like being eaten alive ,burning with fire ,drowning in the sea and suffocating etc. 

I would like to make a note ..that Thinking these thoughts (and imagining  how you gonna die and the possibility of dying a very painful death) is the biggest cause of psychological suffering. The actual percentage of suffering in our life usually is so small but the mind makes a big deal out of everything and exaggerate things .

So as long as you have a home to sleep in ,access to food and water and hygiene..then you are blessed. And you don't need anything else.  But the mind always craves for more .that also is another cause of suffering. 

Enjoy, live; not doing those or believing those come from outside you is what causes pain and suffering.

So many deny themselves the material world, but that's not it either, it's realizing the material world isn't what brings you joy or enjoyment, if you deny material without realizing this you will still suffer.

Edited by Devin

Solipsism has nothing to do with being a victim for eternity. That’s more you imagination than actual infinity or solipsism. 

Solipsim is more like “Of course I would always love you because it’s me”

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

So as long as you have a home to sleep in ,access to food and water and hygiene..then you are blessed. And you don't need anything else.  But the mind always craves for more .that also is another cause of suffering. 

Humans are hive entities. the greatest suffering is isolation, loneliness. You can seek the truth, dissolve your ego, become infinite, but you cannot stop being human. A lot of people who have food and everything is suffering 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

When does it generate suffering and when does it not ? Where  do you draw the line ?

Simple, when you suffer. The suffering it's something mental. it is the non-acceptance of what is. For example, if you are crucified, every second your whole being will not accept being nailed there dying in public for days, you will strongly want to get out of that situation, but you will not be able to. this is suffering. If, on the other hand, you like boxing and you are in the middle of an exchange of powerful blows, there will be pain but no suffering.

suffering is taking what is impermanent and wanting it to be permanent

and ignoring what is permanent

to end suffering, stick with the permanent

21 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Notice how fear based this is

Yep. I fear the mind of God. Fear will always exist.

21 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

I already tried that before awakening. It doesn't work. I have social anxiety and it didn't matter how many girls I approached or how much socializing I did, the anxiety NEVER went away. Facing danger is idiotic, what if you end up disabled? Difficulty isn't fun at all either. School and college were difficult, working at a restaurant was difficult, the difficulty never goes away. Smarter to just avoid it altogether. I've never been so relaxed, care-free, and content since realizing life is a dream and to chill out and avoid suffering, pain, danger, difficulty. Cheers to that!

20 hours ago, Sincerity said:

Nah bro. You're lost in thoughts and theories.

Wrong. I'm finally free.

20 hours ago, Someone here said:

Lol exactly.

20 hours ago, Loveeee said:

The only purpose of life is to discover the mind of God, in other words : to live 

The purpose of life is whatever I want it to be. 

19 hours ago, Devin said:

Enjoy, live; not doing those or believing those come from outside you is what causes pain and suffering.

So many deny themselves the material world, but that's not it either, it's realizing the material world isn't what brings you joy or enjoyment, if you deny material without realizing this you will still suffer.

You don't know me. I'm suffering less than ever.

18 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Solipsism has nothing to do with being a victim for eternity. That’s more you imagination than actual infinity or solipsism. 

Solipsim is more like “Of course I would always love you because it’s me”

Solipsism is whatever I make it to be. That's the beauty of reality. In my waking life I can enjoy being a victim and looked after and cared for, in my dreams I can be free from fear. It's the perfect balance.

@iboughtleosbooklist Okay, enjoy or not or whatever. 

But, I’m telling you you haven’t awoken to solipsism your in a dream. There is no fear when you actually realize it. No being a victim. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

1 hour ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

already tried that before awakening. It doesn't work. I have social anxiety and it didn't matter how many girls I approached or how much socializing I did, the anxiety NEVER went away. Facing danger is idiotic, what if you end up disabled? Difficulty isn't fun at all either. School and college were difficult, working at a restaurant was difficult, the difficulty never goes away. Smarter to just avoid it altogether. I've never been so relaxed, care-free, and content since realizing life is a dream and to chill out and avoid suffering, pain, danger, difficulty. Cheers to that!

21 hours ago, Someone here said:

22 hours ago, Someone here said:

I don't agree at all, but it's your way or thinking, I'm not going to say that it's idiotic. But you are human and you live in the world. The danger exists and it will reach you when it is time. Intuitively, before discovering spirituality, I thought that the right thing to do was to expose myself. not to do so is a greedy and petty attitude that leads to darkness. I have continuously done increasingly dangerous things, with the philosophy of: gods, here I am, this is your chance to do whatever you want to me, I am not hiding. nothing ever happened to me. And now I have 8 screws in my leg without being able to move because on Christmas day I slipped in a puddle playing with a kid ??.