bloomer

Damar mysteriously collapses

65 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2023 at 1:16 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Do you even watch sports?

nothing remotely similar has not happened in over 50 years in the NFL. dont be glib when you have no idea what you are talking about.   how many boosters did leo , an internet hallucinogenic drug cult leader, encourage you to get. i feel bad for you 

Word of the year; gaslighting.

A on field death from it hasn't happened in 50 years, hamlin survived, this happens occasionally.

https://www.ahajournals.org › doi

Sudden Deaths in Young Competitive Athletes | Circulation

by BJ Maron · 2009 · Cited by 2235 — Sudden deaths were predominantly due to cardiovascular disease. Looked at 1980-2006 of 1866 athletes who died suddenly

Edited by Devin

3 hours ago, Wildcattt555 said:

nothing remotely similar has not happened in over 50 years in the NFL. dont be glib when you have no idea what you are talking about.   how many boosters did leo , an internet hallucinogenic drug cult leader, encourage you to get. i feel bad for you 

What — a person collapsing? That is why you need to watch sports in general. This has always been a thing.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, Devin said:

Word of the year; gaslighting.

A on field death from it hasn't happened in 50 years, hamlin survived, this happens occasionally.

it doesnt. are you referring to spinal scare injuries?  yes, its still extremely rare that a players heart stops on the field for ten minutes.   you dont watch football obviously because this " pretty much never happens." you are talking about this for political reasons and you are completely ignorant and repeating things youve heard. i dont doubt you believe what you are saying. but you are ignorant /biased or EXTREMELY STUPID.   medical emergencies do happen occasionally but cardiac issues are an extremely small portion of that.  

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

What — a person collapsing? That is why you need to watch sports in general. This has always been a thing.

no, a person's heart stopping for ten minutes, obviously. you people are too dumb to talk to.   i watch the nfl so thats why im being rude. you are misinformed or lying.   and yes people have had heart attacks on the field pre covid in the global sports world. there is data that this has increased drastically post covid. so its either the virus or the vax, but people like you who claim this is normal reveal yourselves to be completely ignorant. 

Edited by Wildcattt555

43 minutes ago, Wildcattt555 said:

it doesnt. are you referring to spinal scare injuries?  yes, its still extremely rare that a players heart stops on the field for ten minutes.   you dont watch football obviously because this " pretty much never happens." you are talking about this for political reasons and you are completely ignorant and repeating things youve heard. i dont doubt you believe what you are saying. but you are ignorant /biased or EXTREMELY STUPID.   medical emergencies do happen occasionally but cardiac issues are an extremely small portion of that.  

I already posted this two posts ago,

by BJ Maron · 2009 · Cited by 2235 — Sudden deaths were predominantly due to cardiovascular disease. Looked at 1980-2006 of 1866 athletes who died suddenly

There are cardiac arrests in sports many times every year.

Edited by Devin

39 minutes ago, Devin said:

I already posted this two posts ago,

There are cardiac arrests in sports many times every year.

yes many used to be dozens not hundreds. ?

and dipshit, we were talking about the nfl. u arent * debating honestly. 

maybe im the parochial American idiot. but we are the center of the sports world. please list other instances like this in american sports.  I  HAVE WATCHED AMERICAN SPORTS FOR HOURS EVERY WEEK FOR 30 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT. do you think im lying? what could my motivation be?  I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE COLLAPSE ON A FIELD OR COURT LIVE. i have now, multiple times.  again what is my motivation to lie?  your motivation is quelling your fear that you maybe should have waited to get the vax and just want to convince yourself u didnt mess up. im sorry for that. it sucks. i hope issues like this are more rare than they appear they could be now.   but dont tell hysterical lies and distort facts and reality to make yourself feel better.    

jeez dude u are trying to cite facts to combat evidence people are seeing with their eyes. wake up. ( there are cardiac arrests in sports every year)... so if people start getting struck by lightning on tv a lot you are going to argue that its a natural occurrence  because it is a possible occurrence? obviously not. u are emotionally reasoning. thats why your arguments are so silly. 

Edited by Wildcattt555

1 hour ago, Wildcattt555 said:

maybe im the parochial American idiot. but we are the center of the sports world. please list other instances like this in american sports. 

I  HAVE WATCHED AMERICAN SPORTS FOR HOURS EVERY WEEK FOR 30 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT. do you think im lying? what could my motivation be?  I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE COLLAPSE ON A FIELD OR COURT LIVE. i have now, multiple times

I've never seen people have a cardiac event live either, but let's look at some numbers:

Incidence

Sudden cardiac death occurs in approximately one per 200,000 young athletes per year, usually triggered during competition or practice. The victim is usually male and associated with soccer, basketball, ice hockey, or American football, reflecting the large number of athletes participating in these sustained and strenuous sports. For a normally healthy age group, the risk appears to be particularly magnified in competitive basketball, with sudden cardiac death rates as high as one per 3,000 annually for male basketball players in NCAA Division I. This is still far below the rate for the general population, estimated as one per 1,300–1,600 and dominated by the elderly. However, a population as large as the United States will experience the sudden cardiac death of a competitive athlete at the average rate of one every three days, often with significant local media coverage heightening public attention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_cardiac_death_of_athletes#Incidence

One athlete every three days, that means about 122 athletes every year in the US alone, based on numbers from 2012.

Edited by Carl-Richard

2 hours ago, Wildcattt555 said:

maybe im the parochial American idiot. but we are the center of the sports world. please list other instances like this in american sports.  I  HAVE WATCHED AMERICAN SPORTS FOR HOURS EVERY WEEK FOR 30 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT. do you think im lying? what could my motivation be?  I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE COLLAPSE ON A FIELD OR COURT LIVE. i have now, multiple times.  again what is my motivation to lie?  your motivation is quelling your fear that you maybe should have waited to get the vax and just want to convince yourself u didnt mess up. im sorry for that. it sucks. i hope issues like this are more rare than they appear they could be now.   but dont tell hysterical lies and distort facts and reality to make yourself feel better.    

jeez dude u are trying to cite facts to combat evidence people are seeing with their eyes. wake up. ( there are cardiac arrests in sports every year)... so if people start getting struck by lightning on tv a lot you are going to argue that its a natural occurrence  because it is a possible occurrence? obviously not. u are emotionally reasoning. thats why your arguments are so silly. 

Detroit Free Press

www.freep.com

Red Wings: Prayers to NFL's Damar Hamlin, family

4 days ago — Detroit Red Wings' David Perron shared his memories of seeing then-teammate Jay Bouwmeester collapse from cardiac arrest three years ago.

Bleacher Report

https://bleacherreport.com › articles

Scary Scene for Dallas Stars as Rich Peverley Has Heart Stop on Bench

While on the bench in the first period, Peverley appears to have gone into cardiac arrest. In the video below, you can see the reaction of the athletic

ESPN

www.espn.com

G League player's death spurs awareness of sudden cardiac arrest

Mar 24, 2020 — Two years after G League player Zeke Upshaw collapsed and died, his mother is trying to spread the word about sudden cardiac

Parent Heart Watch

https://parentheartwatch.org › tennis...

Tennis Player Jack Draper, 19, Collapses on Court During Match at the Miami Open

THE NATIONAL VOICE. PROTECTING YOUTH FROM SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST

Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology

https://www.dicardiology.com › ne...

New Study Evaluates Cardiac Risk of NBA Basketball Players | DAIC

Mar 21, 2016 — Basketball players have the highest incidence of sports-related sudden cardiac death (SCD) in the United States among all athlete groups

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. I really hope he pulls through.

Wow apparently he’s recovering okay!  He posted an update on Instagram today.

10 minutes of straight CPR is no joke though damn…

10 hours ago, Wildcattt555 said:

you people are too dumb to talk to

Right, but trying to link everything to the vaccines without any tangible evidence is the smart move, got ya buddy. Even if we couldn't tell what caused what incident, you would be still very very far away from proving your dumb theory.

@zurew

Having a spike in cardiac arrest among the youth and athletes after "vaccine" roll-outs (really gene theraoy) is tangible. It's not unreasonable to ask the question could these jabs and deaths be linked? Why are there so many excess youth deaths? 

it a aahh.jpg

4 hours ago, bloomer said:

@zurew

Having a spike in cardiac arrest among the youth and athletes after "vaccine" roll-outs (really gene theraoy) is tangible. It's not unreasonable to ask the question could these jabs and deaths be linked? Why are there so many excess youth deaths? 

it a aahh.jpg

How big is the spike in cardiac deaths in athletes?

Edited by Carl-Richard

5 hours ago, bloomer said:

@zurew

it a aahh.jpg

There aren't any, look at the graphs you linked, their death rate went down during lockdown and has now returned to pre pandemic level.

@Carl-Richard

18 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I've never seen people have a cardiac event live either, but let's look at some numbers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_cardiac_death_of_athletes#Incidence

One athlete every three days, that means about 122 athletes every year in the US alone, based on numbers from 2012.

Holy shit, I never knew that athletes were more like to die of heart attacks. Maybe too much exercise is too much?

32 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

Holy shit, I never knew that athletes were more like to die of heart attacks. Maybe too much exercise is too much?

Where did you read that?

Edited by Carl-Richard