Razard86

Bernardo Kastrup

9 posts in this topic

Apparently he wrote a book making the argument that Iman Schopenhauer made the argument that everything within consciousness is made of Will. Its funny how more and more information keeps appearing that the Universe just keeps repeating itself over and over through different personas if you will.

Here's his article. https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/yes-free-will-exists/

And here is his book listed on Amazon. Of course Kastrup would advertise his own book in an article he writes!!! Anyway look into this if it interests you. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

He's wrong. Your life was already determined from the moment it began, this movie is playing itself. There is no one here to make choices.

8 minutes ago, Holykael said:

He's wrong. Your life was already determined from the moment it began, this movie is playing itself. There is no one here to make choices.

@Holykael As long as your conditioned mind believes in this illusion, it becomes your reality. Until you get so tired of it that you say enough is enough. You can say you're going to commit suicide - and crap, you still exist. You want to continue to believe in these fantasies - your free will - believe what you want, and it will become your reality. Until you decide you don't want it anymore. You have no idea in the state in which you experience what power you have to create reality. Most human beings here have no idea they can become free at any moment...

1 hour ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@Holykael As long as your conditioned mind believes in this illusion, it becomes your reality. Until you get so tired of it that you say enough is enough. You can say you're going to commit suicide - and crap, you still exist. You want to continue to believe in these fantasies - your free will - believe what you want, and it will become your reality. Until you decide you don't want it anymore. You have no idea in the state in which you experience what power you have to create reality. Most human beings here have no idea they can become free at any moment...

I've already awakened to non-doership. We are all puppets of god. There is no going back. Only god has true free will. The characters in the game are run by god. We have a destiny and I have already experienced my body moving on its own on multiple occasions.

On a mushrooms trip I experienced the total disappearance of the illusion of free will.

Edited by Holykael

@Holykael So be it. You are a puppet of God. As you wish. Or should I say as you want to experience it. Nobody can help you. In such state mushrooms can only enhance your beliefs, those you are strongly attached to...

25 minutes ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@Holykael So be it. You are a puppet of God. As you wish. Or should I say as you want to experience it. Nobody can help you. In such state mushrooms can only enhance your beliefs, those you are strongly attached to...

My belief was in free will prior to that mushrooms trip and it was still in free will for a time after that because I believed I had been controlled by aliens but that was just good old self deception.

The universe is dead, you have no consciousness of your own. You are a projection of mind, another puppet of god.

Only the unlimited absolute is free.

Edited by Holykael

@Holykael what makes you think that you have no free will? 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

5 hours ago, Holykael said:

He argues that if a choice is determined by what you call "yourself" (which he defines as your 1st person experiences of your tastes, desires, intentions, etc.), then that is what free will is, because free will is when a choice is determined by you. You can argue that all choices are only partially determined by you, as transpersonal forces will also impact your choices, but even then, he cites how Schopenhauer identifies a transpersonal Will which underlies all of reality (and which also underlies "your" free will). This makes sense, because Schopenhauer thinks all of reality as "mind", i.e. that which constitutes your 1st person experience. So if free will is when something is determined by mind, then reality as Mind is Will.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

He argues that if a choice is determined by what you call "yourself" (which he defines as your 1st person experiences of your tastes, desires, intentions, etc.), then that is what free will is, because free will is when a choice is determined by you. You can argue that all choices are only partially determined by you, as transpersonal forces will also impact your choices, but even then, he cites how Schopenhauer identifies a transpersonal Will which underlies all of reality (and which also underlies "your" free will). This makes sense, because Schopenhauer thinks all of reality as "mind", i.e. that which constitutes your 1st person experience. So if free will is when something is determined by mind, then reality as Mind is Will.

There goes that genius coming out again. And you claim you aren't a genius, WHO ARE YOU FOOLING? LOL.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.