Jannes

Thoughts and insights

126 posts in this topic

Buffed butterfly (Another Dalton-like idea 6)

Butterfly gymrat. Full of muscles, is very insecure and feels easily attacked. When it feels attacked it will knock your ass out.

The phenomenal experience of dull survival

Our lives is all about survival, we just aren't conscious of it as much as it is less direct. So coming in contact with "raw" survival triggers certain emotions. This scene of Godzilla swallowing king ghidorah made me remember a moment when a girl spoke about the great genetics of a guy (in a sexual context) as it triggered a very similar consciousness in me this unfiltered raw look at survival. A mix of clearness, rawness, nausea, instinctiveness, pulsation, a certain aliveness, a certain will for power, unholiness and order.

I cant really tell what I should make out of this even though I had plenty of time to think about it. 

2:00 - 2:30

Posted (edited)

Humans genius potential

Some people in my life often got me to contemplate which areas in life take the most intelligence to comprehend. For example you could be very mathematically intelligent and have a huge bias towards that so that you order peoples general intelligence just after mathematical intelligence.  

Now this thought just struck me. First I always had the feeling that each area in life had their own types of geniuses, from Albert Einstein in physics, to Mozart in music or Freud in Psychology. All of them were geniuses in their own regard and I always felt like they were comparable in a certain way. Like they all had this genius quality to them which simply manifested itself through a different kind of medium. And so - What if we just took it as a high probability that in all areas of life there are incredible brains and the limits of different areas of expertise are the limits of our great brains. I mean that’s how it has to be when people try their best in each area. Even if an area is "simpler“. Well then that means that you can go even deeper in that area which means that eventually it will be just as hard as a "harder“ area of expertise because you won’t get as deep into it.

Edited by Jannes

(It's from a video and not a video call btw.)

The face of a person who is sunken in his curiosity. What an odd yet nostalgic face expression in this day of age where everything is short lived. 

Bildschirmfoto 2024-08-26 um 01.00.56.jpeg

Meta problem - Daniel Schmachtenberger

I have been listening to Daniel Schmachtenberger lately. A reoccurring theme in his talks is the meta problem: Things which evolutionary win often aren't the things which are good. For example back in the days nature loving hippie communities lost against egoistical brutal kind of communities and so the genes of the egoistical brutal kind of people got through and we are all now fucked up because of that and wish we be and live in a place with nature loving hippies. It also applies to ideas: The idea which is most marketable wins over other ideas which might be better but not as marketable. 

If one wants to change the system there is no way to get around these machanisms. One needs to embace them. If one wants to change the system he has got to put himself in a strong position in the system so he can use his power to change the system for the better. 

This case of cars represents that idea actualized really well I think. The producer of the film were in a position of power as they could deliver a piece of entertainment/ art to a very big audience. The cars are cool especially Lightning McQueen. And for the big finale McQueen chooses empathy over winning, stage green over stage orange. I remember what an emotional moment that was for me as a kid and how much it got me thinking. I got so much development out of that. 

Bild 11.jpeg

Edited by Jannes

Beautiful math

So beautiful. It's rare when something brings me into awe. 

Nothingness

What fascinated me first were not the geometrical shapes but the nothingness between it. Maybe because at the beginning of the video you look into the deep vastness of it and the geometrical shapes maybe contribute to a certain perception of it. I wanted to jump into the nothingness. Without fear. That really must be a special kind of experience. 

Edited by Jannes