Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

How dangerous could China's refusal of western mRNA vaccines be to the world?

10 posts in this topic

China finally ended their draconian zero-COVID policy. Yet, experts say that this has now caused millions of new COVID cases per day and will probably lead to well over 1 million deaths in China. This is because there own vaccines have not been effective enough, they are still refusing to accept any western mRNA vaccines, and hospitals and pharmaceutical companies were not prepared enough to handle the upcoming widespread COVID cases and death throughout the entire China. 

Top experts are saying that this could very well lead to more worrying new COVID variants that could spread all over the whole world. Such new COVID variants could very possibly evade all of the immunity gained from previous infections and vaccinations. 

I hope this won't cause any more lockdowns worldwide or cause the entire global economy to crash again.

Edited by Hardkill

Imagine telling a caveman that he needs a vaccine to survive. It's ridiculous. People wanting to put their shady technology in my body can hang themselves. Feel free to inject yourself though whoever wants it. Love thy self.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

@Hardkill

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

China finally ended their draconian zero-COVID policy. Yet, experts say that this has now caused millions of new COVID cases per day and will probably lead to well over 1 million deaths in China. This is because there own vaccines have not been effective enough, they are still refusing to accept any western mRNA vaccines, and hospitals and pharmaceutical companies were not prepared enough to handle the upcoming widespread COVID cases and death throughout the entire China. 

Top experts are saying that this could very well lead to more worrying new COVID variants that could spread all over the whole world. Such new COVID variants could very possibly evade all of the immunity gained from previous infections and vaccinations. 

I hope this won't cause any more lockdowns worldwide or cause the entire global economy to crash again.

I feel like it's one of these situations that the Xie guy and his party are too stubborn to change quickly enough or accept outside help. China's biggest cultural value is this idea of saving face, and of avoiding actions may bring embarrassment and shame on them. Well, to them, admitting that their vaccine is inadequate, admitting that they may have accidentally leaked covid from the lab, admitting that they could've improved conditions around the wet markets to prevent further diseases, all the way to admitting that they screwed up with adopting communism from Russia, that's now all a very big and embarrassing thing to admit, so, they decide to not admit, lie multiple times, lie with facts, and lie with a bold face.

At this point, an ulimatum might be needed, and put bluntly. The west can offer it's mRNA vaccine technology to China to help it, and if they still refuse, well, they get an economic sanction, and they get to die by diseasing themselves to death, while the majority of the western cultural hemisphere and some eastern cultures get newer vaccines and slightly more improved versions. If we have made a technology that has proved successful, then why can't we make further improvements later? Even if there's some possibility that Covid future variants may bypass our current herd and inoculated immune systems to the virus, we have proved that it is possible to further improve in vaccines and methods to handle this virus. Hell, the cold and flu season is probably slightly more dangerous.

@Eyowey

5 minutes ago, Eyowey said:

Imagine telling a caveman that he needs a vaccine to survive. It's ridiculous. People wanting to put their shady technology in my body can hang themselves. Feel free to inject yourself though whoever wants it. Love thy self.

A caveman only existed 100,000 or so years ago, vert different world of today. Very brutal as well, it's a dark world full of rape, pillaging and death. We live in a society.

It can't be helped that the technology is shady. Some processing and storage of this vaccine it needs some shade from the harsh light, and proper security and storage facilities. It's a bit expensive to produce, in time and effort,  so credit is needed where it's due. I don't think these sheds containing these vaccines are an ideal social hang out for people, not enough space and too cold.

41 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill

I feel like it's one of these situations that the Xi guy and his party are too stubborn to change quickly enough or accept outside help. China's biggest cultural value is this idea of saving face, and of avoiding actions may bring embarrassment and shame on them. Well, to them, admitting that their vaccine is inadequate, admitting that they may have accidentally leaked covid from the lab, admitting that they could've improved conditions around the wet markets to prevent further diseases, all the way to admitting that they screwed up with adopting communism from Russia, that's now all a very big and embarrassing thing to admit, so, they decide to not admit, lie multiple times, lie with facts, and lie with a bold face.

At this point, an ultimatum might be needed, and put bluntly. The west can offer it's mRNA vaccine technology to China to help it, and if they still refuse, well, they get an economic sanction, and they get to die by diseasing themselves to death, while the majority of the western cultural hemisphere and some eastern cultures get newer vaccines and slightly more improved versions. If we have made a technology that has proved successful, then why can't we make further improvements later? Even if there's some possibility that Covid future variants may bypass our current herd and inoculated immune systems to the virus, we have proved that it is possible to further improve in vaccines and methods to handle this virus. Hell, the cold and flu season is probably slightly more dangerous.

Wouldn't doing an economic sanction on them cause further escalation of conflict with China?

Otherwise, I hope you're right about COVID.

@Hardkill

7 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Wouldn't doing an economic sanction on them cause further escalation of conflict with China?

Otherwise, I hope you're right about COVID.

I mean, it's either economic sanctions, or threatening to bomb them from orbit. I just don't know enough to see what's an effective leverage to get Xie and the party to clean house in China, get their stuff in order, instead of causing worldwide grief.

We'll have so many Covid variants, we'll eventually name one an alpha covid, or omega covid, or sigma covid, or giga chad covid. Maybe kiddie covid? I predict at kiddie covid variant is gonna be the docile form of covid.

On 12/25/2022 at 5:23 AM, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill

I mean, it's either economic sanctions, or threatening to bomb them from orbit. I just don't know enough to see what's an effective leverage to get Xie and the party to clean house in China, get their stuff in order, instead of causing worldwide grief.

We'll have so many Covid variants, we'll eventually name one an alpha covid, or omega covid, or sigma covid, or giga chad covid. Maybe kiddie covid? I predict at kiddie covid variant is gonna be the docile form of covid.

This is why I am getting very worried about China. 

I wonder what any of the mods have to say about this.

The vaccine was never very effective at actually preventing cases anyway, so it's irrelevant whether they use western vaccines or not. 

@Stovo It is not irrelevant, the stronger the protection the less the virus reproduces inside each person (also contaminates less people overall) and therefore the less it mutates.

There is no leverage to be used against China. the sanctions that are already in place are as strong as they can be without hindering the american economy to a much larger extent than it does china.

They can’t be bombed since they have nukes.

The only threat that could actually harm them is the west backing some form of internal revolution or coup.

The USA needs China more than China needs the US.

Another thing, how could the US threaten China to make them vaccinate people, when a large part of the americans have refused to vaccinate as well?