John Paul

Jealous and envious parents and elders are breaking my heart

3 posts in this topic

The jealousy and envy.. the insecurity and control.. it’s hurting me this Christmas season just like it’s hurt me my whole life. How can people want to put other people (the children and youth) through the same things that they felt? Btw I’m not a kid, I’m 26 but I am obviously younger than my parents and elders and I have younger family too.

I feel like my parents don’t want me to be free and happy. Because if I’m free and happy they know they won’t get credit for it because they weren’t actually good parents…. People are so fucking greedy I swear. And so they don’t want you to be successful in any small areas that they can’t take credit for. The pettiness that is being revealed to me is ENORMOUS.

with the emotional intelligence that some of these elders have, the youth could be on the moon.. but if they think they wouldn’t get credit or would have to face judgment they will do anything to squish that 

Edited by John Paul

1. Remember that most of "adults" are just insecure children. Cute and naive. Their envy and controlling are just like some misbehaving children at kindergarten. Try to hold that perspective of them while they hate you. Remember that its just sweet lack of awareness. Try to love them. They od not know anything about reality and yet everyone expects them to behave like adults because they are adults. So they have to take on that ugly persona.
See their pain.

2. Many of those horrid behaviours that they display like controll, is just really twisted love. Their parents controlled them, and told them that this is love. So they just copy it. Because they lack awareness they just have to copy it and think that this is the way. This is how I make sure my kid has a good life, I control him, thats what my parents did to me. See the tragedy of it, and the twisted love.

3. With point 1 and 2 in mind, just fuck it. You do not owe them anything. If they are toxic you are free to cut any ties to them. Love them and fuck them. Whatever :x:x

Merry Christamas brother. I experience a lot of the same stuff.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Dealing with the same this Christmas ?

They can't help it though. This is how you behave when you live in fear.