Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JTL

understanding liberalism video

7 posts in this topic

Hey, @Leo Gura when are the understanding liberalism video coming out? I hope today, I have been sick since friday with a bad covid. so looking forward to listen ;)  :) 

Delayed. Still working on it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Delayed. Still working on it.

Will you make a video on understanding the centrist mind?

2 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Will you make a video on understanding the centrist mind?

Hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, perhaps there is something worth saying there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, perhaps there is something worth saying there.

Yeah, I would genuinely be very interested to hear your take on it. 

I think it might help me and others understand why centrists are the way they are, why they see extremism on either side as a mistake, and how they unite a community or country together.

As much I wish that whole world had a lot more liberals, I really wish that there was a much larger percentage of centrists or moderates than there are in today's world.

Edited by Hardkill

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura I definitely agree.

As somebody who is concerned about my survival I often tried to find the peaceful route to minimize controversy and fighting. For example, some people are confident in theism or atheism. In my case, one of the reasons I took the middle ground of agnosticism was that it minimizes fighting.

Pleading ignorance can be very powerful defense mechanism which maximizes your chances of survival in many cases. It is hard to prove somebody is lying when they say "I don't know" or "I don't remember" in a court of law.

Sometimes liberals are upset with centrists because they falsely equate both sides in effort to avoid fighting. This is why people like MLK were very critical of moderates for "the chains of gradualism." In my case I take a centrist framing when talking to conservatives because it helps make slightly more liberal ideas seem more palatable. Centrism is practical in this regard because it can enable more peaceful discussions while gradually luring the stubborn donkey up the mountain with a carrot rather than pulling fiercely like a liberal while yelling "come on, you stubborn jackass!"

the centrist seeks to minimize risk while improving society just as he does in his normal life. Liberals often argue that this progress tends to be in the direction of the right wing and this is what scares them the most. In response They argue that most Americans agree with liberal policies and the centrist is holding them as if they are as developed as the right wing.

There is definitely value in understanding the centrist mind.