Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ineedanswers

Anxiety about not being anxious

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys

Recently after inculcating habits like regular sleep , frequent exercise ive managed to reduce my anxiety

However ive encountered a problem

Im now anxious about not having anxiety

The way i see it it , anxiety is a method of looking into the future and preventing problems.

If im not anxious , what  if i miss problems that might come up in the future?

Does anyone have any advice for me please?

One cure for anxiety is to have confidence and trust in your own abilities. You have anxiety because you're constantly looking for problems that may or may not happen - and this triggers a fear response in your body. The fear response is because you don't think you'll be able to deal with a bad situation when it arises.

You need to look back at all the times you were in a difficult situation. Ask yourself these questions:

1. Did I survive the situation?

2. Did I manage to deal ok with the situation?

3. if I didn't manage to deal with the situation right away, was it resolved eventually?

The other thing to realise is that you will still encounter problems in the future, whether you think about them or not. It's much less emotionally draining not to think about them beforehand - trust the future version of yourself. Stopping the rumination can be done, but it takes lots of practice. Start now.

Edited by LastThursday

57% paranoid

Anxiety is an extremely deceptive thing. Things like caffeine can fill you up with anxiety and then you might think that whatever is on your mind at the moment is causing the anxiety. It's likely not your thoughts causing the anxiety. 

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

2 hours ago, Ineedanswers said:

Hello guys

Recently after inculcating habits like regular sleep , frequent exercise ive managed to reduce my anxiety

However ive encountered a problem

Im now anxious about not having anxiety

The way i see it it , anxiety is a method of looking into the future and preventing problems.

If im not anxious , what  if i miss problems that might come up in the future?

Does anyone have any advice for me please?

The solution to this is to feel that you can deal with whatever comes up in life. This is the source of confidence.

If you look at confident people they generally hold the belief that whatever life throws at them, they will handle it.