Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razard86

Why The Guru Is A Trap

8 posts in this topic

God Is Love...You Are Love, This is Why The Process Of Awakening Is Tricky. Why? Because its sticky. Your love is so got damn sticky you are always sticking to things like a ROGUE POST IT NOTE!!! You can't help it, YOU ARE SO AMAZING you keep getting in awe with your creations....you don't want to let go. So you release all your attachments and follow a Guru or many Gurus and then....you become attached to the Guru!! Now its funny you look at atheists and fundamentalist religion and say...I'm glad I escaped that trap!!! Then you start hanging on every word of your Guru....and start going around preaching their gospel!!! Your Guru has become your religion!!! For the Atheist Science and Skepticism is his religion, for the fundamentalist its often the religion of his birth. But you escaped those traps....to create A NEW ONE!!! THE GURU!!! Oh I love my Guru, he/she is so amazing, look at their wisdom, they are profound, unreachable, if only I could be like them!!!

BOOM, you have now fallen into a ditch. Your love for your Guru is your love for your self but you project onto them this love, and create a storyline of unworthiness and hours and hours of practice, which feed this comparison game of unworthiness and any Guru worth their salt, would notice this and cut it.

They would need to act foolish, let you down, disappoint you, and eventually if you are too obsessive banish you!! Because you would term them INTO PERSONAL GOD and block yourself from realizing what you are!!! God as an ego is addicted to unworthiness, addicted to the admiration of other egos. I get it, every EGO IS AMAZING so the trap makes sense!!! But!!! YOUR EGO IS AMAZING!!! The purpose of the path is this realization!!! What you have created....is amazing!!! Your Guru is your own creation, to realize this...you need to eventually drop your Guru....and become your own Guru. 

The better route would be to NEVER take on a GURU EVER!!! To view your guru as an equal who is just sharing knowledge/experience. If you take this approach your progression will be swift, but if you are constantly looking up to them....you will never realize what you are. The Guru is probably the BIGGEST TRAP OF ALL, it is the LAST TRAP on many journeys. So this is a wake up call for you....but hey....I'm just a fool rambling for fun!! Ignore this if it does not resonate. 

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

I've created gurus in order to distract  and entertain myself. No one can awaken but me, although I can imagine some gurus being awakened. 

13 hours ago, Vlad_ said:

I've created gurus in order to distract  and entertain myself. No one can awaken but me, although I can imagine some gurus being awakened. 

You got it!!! All my posts are just pointers. No judgment!! Nothing wrong with distracting and entertaining yourself if you are AWARE you are doing it. All my posts are about raising awareness of what you are doing. The rest is up to you of course!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Thanks Razard. In later levels of realization, the external Guru falls away. All you are left with is the totality of being. That becomes your Guru.

There’s a stanza in the Guru Gita that says:

“The Guru protects the disciple from Shiva's wrath, but there is no one who can protect him from the Guru's anger.”

The Guru is the totality of silence and bliss. Shiva’s wrath is silence withdrawing itself and causing noise and disturbance.

1 minute ago, YogiCosmos said:

Thanks Razard. In later levels of realization, the external Guru falls away. All you are left with is the totality of being. That becomes your Guru.

There’s a stanza in the Guru Gita that says:

“The Guru protects the disciple from Shiva's wrath, but there is no one who can protect him from the Guru's anger.”

The Guru is the totality of silence and bliss. Shiva’s wrath is silence withdrawing itself and causing noise and disturbance.

Care to elaborate? This sounds interesting!!

gurus have very limited utility. You can spend your life reading and listening to gurus, who will only be able to change some ideas for others. You can spend your life reading rock climbing treatises, and your level will not go up at all. You have to go to the rock every day if you want to improve. 

the truth is in you, because you are the truth, so only you can realize it. the only thing a guru will help you with is to deconstruct. anything else is fake 

Leo is a good one, even he's not a guru, because he just point the truth. That could make you to want to realize the truth. That's enough imo. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

The need/ desire for a guru (aka. some form of authority figure) precedes the guru itself. Whether it's a religious/ spiritual figure, a beloved politician, an intellectual, a parent, a doctor (or some other professional health authority) or some other form of mentor. And like any other person in a large, complex society, they fulfill a specialized role. The urge ought not to be either fetishized OR demonized (demonization is so much like fetishization anyway), in a similar way that we shouldn't be screaming at people for wanting parents. (Though eventually, we all do grow up one way or another. Life has a way of making that happen whether we want this or not.)

I used to feel very ill-at-ease about authority figures and if they were legibly worth the price tag (monetary, emotional, spiritual, etc.). These days, I try to consider it on a case-by-case basis, and also within cultural context (like Indian gurus, who are filling a social role/ "job position" that is still considered to be of value). And from there, to consider their value in relation to those factors, and various other factors. To simply cut it all out wholesale and without discernment may very well be a net negative for the greater whole. Not to mention, it is likely just impossible.

When you suddenly create a void, the thing that immediately fills it is often not so great. Is whatever surrounds that void and people's wants, expectations, and fancies. You have effectively replaced a system (which yes, does technically limit and hold you back) with something much more haphazard. This ought to be well-accounted for, one way or another. This obviously assumes you care about harmony, wellness, and social order alongside human development.

I remember Sadhguru said something like, gurus are for people who don't want to jump into the Void by themselves. The rest of us just do it anyways because we are nuts.

Realistically, you have to work with whatever it is that you have on hand. We all do. Whatever legibly gets you where you need and want to go, I guess.

Edited by eos_nyxia

11 minutes ago, eos_nyxia said:

The need/ desire for a guru (aka. some form of authority figure) precedes the guru itself. Whether it's a religious/ spiritual figure, a beloved politician, an intellectual, a parent, a doctor (or some other professional health authority) or some other form of mentor. And like any other person in a large, complex society, they fulfill a specialized role. The urge ought not to be either fetishized OR demonized (demonization is so much like fetishization anyway), in a similar way that we shouldn't be screaming at people for wanting parents. (Though eventually, we all do grow up one way or another. Life has a way of making that happen whether we want this or not.)

I used to feel very ill-at-ease about authority figures and if they were legibly worth the price tag (monetary, emotional, spiritual, etc.). These days, I try to consider it on a case-by-case basis, and also within cultural context (like Indian gurus, who are filling a social role/ "job position" that is still considered to be of value). And from there, to consider their value in relation to those factors, and various other factors. To simply cut it all out wholesale and without discernment may very well be a net negative for the greater whole. Not to mention, it is likely just impossible.

When you suddenly create a void, the thing that immediately fills it is often not so great. Is whatever surrounds that void and people's wants, expectations, and fancies. You have effectively replaced a system (which yes, does technically limit and hold you back) with something much more haphazard. This ought to be well-accounted for, one way or another. This obviously assumes you care about harmony, wellness, and social order alongside human development.

I remember Sadhguru said something like, gurus are for people who don't want to jump into the Void by themselves. The rest of us just do it anyways because we are nuts.

Realistically, you have to work with whatever it is that you have on hand. We all do. Whatever legibly gets you where you need and want to go, I guess.

This was beautiful and I agree and I can see that you have an eye in the infinite. Many demonize my posts and think I am attacking them but if only they realize that everything is always working towards the greatest good. Yes even though the Guru is a trap, some want to stay in that trap and that is okay. My posts...are only to bring awareness....its why I tell those to ignore me. I do not believe it serves me to allow those who claim to seek the truth and engage with me to not have their delusions deconstructed. Maybe I'll just start telling them peace be with you lol.