Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vynce

Take teachings and courses in the language you think most.

4 posts in this topic

This one is to you fellow non-native-english speakers, which have an everyday life amidst non-english thinkers and speakers. 

My discovery is, that english videos, courses and books feel helpful (and theoretically they can be as helpful as your native language), but cannot pierce so easily through your conditioned mind, which is programmed in everyday situations with another language.

I noticed the difference when I finished Leo's Life Purpose course versus just starting a life purpose course in german. The content is almost identical. I even resonate with Leo's style and ways of thinking way more. But for the mentioned reason, the german course alters and re-programs my ways of thinking way more effective. 

So if courses, books, and videos cannot really change your state deeply and longterm, consider taking them in the language you use to think most. 

Namaste ;) 

Hard to find courses in Hindi for such things specially for more spiritual things that categorize self realization etc. without much religious dogma but for those who speak Hindi here I have found a channel. Check out the "Gyanmarg" playlist on his channel. Pretty dang good.

Interesting point. How long do you think you'd have to be immersed in a language for it to have emotional resonance?

@EternalForest Just for as long, till you start to think primarily the other language. That can happen, but for most it won't.