Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

Therapist into Joe Dispenza

7 posts in this topic

My new therapist is into Joe Dispenza, she believes in free-will and law of attraction.

I don't know if I can trust her or if she will be able to help me. 

During our first session, she asked me to choose a lithotherapy stone and put it in my hand, then to place it on the ground, when I placed the stone on the ground, she went above it, she closed her eyes and moved her body while telling me "I feel that you need to move your body" so she recommended me to dance / to move my body intuitively when I'm back home. 

I'm a bit skeptical. She told me that we create our reality and that our emotions / state of mind influences our Reality it's like we have access to multi-dimensional parallels realities. I don't believe that, I think that our Life is already written and that the only free will we have is how we're gonna interpret/dream about the situations happening to us. What kind of thoughts will we create when the situations that was meant to appear will appear ?

For example if in this lifetime I will never find a good romantic relationship, no matter how much I believe I'm amazing / confident / how much I believe I will attract a girlfriend, I will remains alone. And otherwise if it was meant that I will attract a good relationship, no matter if I'm positive or depressed, I will because it was already "written".
 But she told me that there is nothing already written and that we can choose to create our reality, for example if I really believe it and after months of "work" I become more authentic/loving toward myself, I will manifest a romantic relationship.

I was into this kind of thinking / LOA for the past years and now it seems neurotic to me. I feel better since I apply letting go everyday instead of wanting things to be different / chasing after a better reality.

I'm a bit lost, I'm afraid to get lost in a trap and I don't know if I must continue with her. I don't know if she will be able to help me.
What are your thoughts please ?

Edited by Gabith

1 hour ago, Gabith said:

I don't believe that, I think that our Life is already written and that the only free will we have is how we're gonna interpret/dream about the situations happening to us. What kind of thoughts will we create when the situations that was meant to appear will appear ?

For example if in this lifetime I will never find a good romantic relationship, no matter how much I believe I'm amazing / confident / how much I believe I will attract a girlfriend, I will remains alone. And otherwise if it was meant that I will attract a good relationship, no matter if I'm positive or depressed, I will because it was already "written".

This is the issue. It is a self-defeating narrative that will always be true until you think otherwise. “Whether you think you can or can’t, you are right.” - Henry Ford

Open your mind to other points of view without attachment. You are attaching yourself to a disempowering and untrue view of reality. Entertain the possibility of what she is saying and verify it is true. Don’t immediately dismiss ideas that disconfirm yours. Healing requires a transformation in your outlook. If you don’t change, you will always be stuck.

The future isn’t written because it doesn’t exist. Decide who you want to be and be it now. She is right in that everything starts with belief and desire. 

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

You're right, that's whad I need : opening my mind without attachment. After all it will not do me wrong to create more positive thoughts or building a better self-image... it's a dream why would I dream against myself ?
Even if I'm deluded or wrong, I'll be happier thinking I'm great, beautiful & attractive than thinking otherwise. 

31 minutes ago, Gabith said:

Even if I'm deluded or wrong, I'll be happier thinking I'm great, beautiful & attractive than thinking otherwise. 

The real delusion is perceiving negativity in the first place. Truth is basking in the perception of pure positivity and beauty. Of course, you still have more work to do to process and work through your negative thinking. Rule of mind is that negative thinking is a clue that you are missing something about reality. Good luck.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

@Gabith Judging by your new therapist's description, she is not legit at all! In fact, she is not a therapist at all!

Try to search licensed therapists in your area.

Howewer, it is your life and your choice.

Make sure you find a licensed professional counselor (LPC), who specializes in evidence-based practices such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

Therapists are not supposed to impose their values into you, but to rather help you understand yours and point out your limiting beliefs/views. If this keeps happening, see another therapist.

Journal about what you really want out of a therapist and out of life. Do your own research. The quality of your life hinges on quality of your research.

Edited by r0ckyreed