Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Romanov

Is all this talk about “going too far left” really more about preparing for midterms?

16 posts in this topic

Just checking back in here to see if there’s anything pertaining the upcoming midterm elections and instead I find that Leo dropped a whole new episode essentially holding the left accountable and others here following suit. It just doesn’t seem like a coincidence given that there’s been ongoing talk about how there’s going to be a ‘red wave’ among both conservative and liberal media for months now. Are die-hard leftists becoming more centrist so as to not feel like they would be on the losing side in case it happens? I’m getting this whiff of “We need the right wing” when in 2020 that kind of talk among leftists was more or less nonexistent. 

In all honesty I see leftists and right wingers constantly trading places when the mainstream narrative changes. It’s like they’re committing the fallacy of appeal to popularity. What’s going on?

No. My videos are not made for such short-term aims.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No. My videos are not made for such short-term aims.

I guess it’s not solely about your video here, I just thought there would be a connection because I’m seeing many people shift a bit towards the right recently. You can kind of feel which side is going to ‘win’ by what form the mainstream narrative is taking. Almost every time when one side is “in the spotlight” for long enough, it’s as if people get bored with it or become more critical of it and this creates a pendulum-like effect. All I can say about those people is, “Congratulations, you found out that politicians suck without finding out that politicians suck.”

Edited by Romanov

If right-wingers win this election we are gonna be in deep trouble. They are crazier than they were 5 years ago.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If right-wingers win this election we are gonna be in deep trouble. They are crazier than they were 5 years ago.

If they do win this election, then would you begin to consider moving to another country?

No

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Right, and so far we are apparently experiencing turnout akin to a presidential election. I’m just curious to see what people care about more here: abortion and democracy or inflation. If right wingers win, it’s also going to be bad for Ukraine and good for Putin. 

1 hour ago, Romanov said:

I’m just curious to see what people care about more

It's always the economy.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's always the economy.

Well, Michael Moore believes that this time the voters are most concerned with abortion rights and democracy being threatened.

Abortion is a significant issue I think, but not the election stuff. That seems too technical for most people.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Abortion is a significant issue I think, but not the election stuff. That seems too technical for most people.

I guess we are really going to have see what happens and pray for our country not to get taken by right-wing authoritarianism. I am also very worried about what the right wingers will do to social security, medicare, and many other social safety nets and rights if the Republican party takes control of the House, Senate, and Presidency by 2024.

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If the right wingers get this election it is GG for modern America.

although to be fair, A LOT can happen in 2 years towards 2024.  2019-2021 for example is like a different dimension.

On 10/25/2022 at 10:53 PM, Leo Gura said:

What are they going to do that is so bad? 

Edited by sholomar

43 minutes ago, sholomar said:

What are they going to do that is so bad?

Undermine every institution like termites.

@Romanov

On 26/10/2022 at 3:24 AM, Romanov said:

I guess it’s not solely about your video here, I just thought there would be a connection because I’m seeing many people shift a bit towards the right recently. You can kind of feel which side is going to ‘win’ by what form the mainstream narrative is taking. Almost every time when one side is “in the spotlight” for long enough, it’s as if people get bored with it or become more critical of it and this creates a pendulum-like effect. All I can say about those people is, “Congratulations, you found out that politicians suck without finding out that politicians suck.”

No, I think your intuition is right that there's a connection with current politicalsituation to tbe video highlighting the left's limits. However, that's more a smaller connection, compared to the main lesson of the video and the deeper points being made.