The Mystical Man

The Jonestown Massacre: Paradise Lost (Cult Documentary)

8 posts in this topic

"One of the myths of Jonestown was that it was a mass suicide, whereas, in fact, it was a mass murder."

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Yeah this is a crazy event. I kinda wanna build a cult too, without the mass suicide/murder part. Nothing quite so interesting happens these days. 

<3

Owner of creatives community all around Canada

Instagram is @Kylegfall

5:38. He was a good speaker. No wonder people followed him. Makes me appreciate even more a sane presence like Adyashanti.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

The final twenty minutes of this documentary. My God. I wasn't expecting to cry. What a tragedy.

The track used in the documentary:

It's incredible that this tape exists. Some moments feel scripted, like something a screenwriter wrote, and an actor performed. But what's captured on this tape is the unfolding of a real tragedy.

11:04:

"I look at our babies, and I think they deserve to live."

"I agree. But they also deserve peace."

"We all came here for peace."

"And have we had it?"

"No."

"I tried to give it to you. I've laid down my life. I've died every day to give you peace. And you still don't have any peace."

14:02:

"I cannot separate myself from the pain of my people. And you can't either, Christine. You can't separate yourself. We've walked too long together."

"As an individual I have a right-"

"You do, and I'm listening."

"We all have a right to our own destiny as individuals."

"Christine, you're only standing here because he was here in the first place, so I don't know what you're talking about having an individual life. Your life has been extended to the day that you're standing there because of him."

The other cult documentary: