Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Federico del pueblo

What can you do with your emotions when tripping?

10 posts in this topic

By "emotions" I mean the habituated emotional patterns that run us, like insecurities, anxieties, anger issues or even trauma.

And I'm referring to substances like LSD, with a long trip duration.

Should you have an intention like "I'm going to investigate in this insecurity X"?

And if you choose to do that, what are good ways to actually investigate the issue?

Do you just wonder things like:

- what's the origin of this insecurity?

- can I find a new perspective that helps me to overcome this insecurity?

- can I just let go of this insecurity?

Or is it more like you try to bring this emotion up, to then feel it, so it can be released?

Basically, how do you do psychotherapy with yourself while tripping?

Thanks guys and gals!

22 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Or is it more like you try to bring this emotion up, to then feel it, so it can be released?

Feel it and find the story behind the emotion. What story are you telling yourself that's making you feel this way? I recommend doing this during meditation, not while tripping. You can also write. See which thoughts generate which feelings, and which thoughts are generated from feelings.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

33 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

Feel it and find the story behind the emotion. What story are you telling yourself that's making you feel this way? I recommend doing this during meditation, not while tripping. You can also write. See which thoughts generate which feelings, and which thoughts are generated from feelings.

Ok.

My perception is that I already know the story behind a lot of these emotions, like "I'm afraid of how other people judge this specific aspect of my life, that they might see me as [negative judgement] and this makes me feel like I'm inadequate (or some other negative quality)."

Though it does seem like it's hard for me to just tell myself another story (a more positive one), as it just feels like I'm kidding myself.

Kind of like if you tried to destroy a solid brick wall by throwing a tennis ball against it, it won't do a lot.

44 minutes ago, Federico del pueblo said:

@puporing @amanen @OBEler @Leo GuraG

Surely you guys know something about this, don't you? ?

Well I've usually taken a top-down approach to psychedelics, where by becoming conscious, feeling, and experiencing overwhelming amounts of infinite love I blasted away through any possible traumas, insecurities, fears, and so on. I didn't really even try to work on them during trips, they spontaneously disappeared over time with the help of trips like these, which had cascading effects on everything about me. One example is that I used to have social anxiety and it got completely removed with this approach. So I basically used love to heal from everything as a whole instead of trying to work on any individual aspects that I didn't like. I don't know if it's the best approach, but it worked completely for me. It was like a complete transformation encompassing everything about me, powered by love.

But whenever I feel emotions, especially during trips, I let myself feel those emotions completely without judging them. 

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

@amanen Thanks man! That sounds fascinating.

Yeah, I can see how one would simply transcend a lot of these limitations, once she/he reaches states where these limitations don't make sense anymore and they get cured by love. Awesome approach!

On 13/10/2022 at 0:08 PM, amanen said:

becoming conscious, feeling, and experiencing overwhelming amounts of infinite love I blasted away

That's pretty much it. Just surrender to what comes up and letting the buried feelings come up and be healed in the presence of love.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

25 minutes ago, puporing said:

That's pretty much it. Just surrender to what comes up and letting the buried feelings come up and be healed in the presence of love.

Oh, here you are again :)

Is this also how you ago about a trip in general?

Like, you just sit/lay down and observe what comes up and surrender or should you rather have a clear intention like investigating in some specific topic, that you write down beforehand?

4 minutes ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Is this also how you ago about a trip in general?

Every trip is different in a sense, and has a progression to them. Much of it depends on what you're ready for/asking for "next". 

There's a certain amount of intentionality, and also surrendering/openness to what may come up that's not expected of. It helps me at least to know what you're aiming for like these pointers so you can mentally prepare yourself a bit when your mind does get blasted :D.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。