ardacigin

Doubt of The Possibility of Awakening and 'Luck'

4 posts in this topic

When you become a stream enterer, along with self-perceptıon, these 2 will be fully eliminated.

Doubt in the path:The experience of stream entry is such that afterwards, it's pretty clear that there is a path to some kind of freedom, and that the path works. You start to see clear patterns in dharma teachings, and see what the patterns point to.

It can be more or less vivid depending on the person experiencing it, but the idea that might is all just be a waste of time and that nobody can get results is lost.

Magical Luck based Thinking: You stop believing that you can get results without establishing the causes, and that you can avoid results for which you have created the causes.

This is often explained as the loss of the belief in rites and rituals; the point there is not that you no longer believe that any rite or ritual could produce a result, but you no longer think that the result is magic: there is a reason why it works, and as a practitioner you are responsible for doing the work to bring about the result.

---

I understand the challenge and convincing aspect of your current life. But permanent AND deep transformation is possible

Much love

Edited by ardacigin

well said, very wise. There comes a point where it becomes obvious that you are on a flowing path. you take full responsibility for this and completely abandon any behavior or action that is not correct. you become a Taliban of integrity. you know that any derailment will have consequences, even a minor derailment. single word. a gesture. you seek total integrity. you line up completely. you assume any outcome as necessary. this allows you to focus on the present completely, and the present expands. you flow in harmony with the present and you realize that a month ago you were in dissonance. In a month you will see the same thing. you are equalizing

6 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

well said, very wise. There comes a point where it becomes obvious that you are on a flowing path. you take full responsibility for this and completely abandon any behavior or action that is not correct. you become a Taliban of integrity. you know that any derailment will have consequences, even a minor derailment. single word. a gesture. you seek total integrity. you line up completely. you assume any outcome as necessary. this allows you to focus on the present completely, and the present expands. you flow in harmony with the present and you realize that a month ago you were in dissonance. In a month you will see the same thing. you are equalizing

What if an enlightened man accidentally farts? 

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

2 minutes ago, amanen said:

What if an enlightened man accidentally farts? 

Nothing, but i have the feeling that i have to equalize. not for a purpose, but because its better. I'm making music and being out of tune is worse than being in tune. although you can detune too. but for what?