Julian gabriel

The Urge to Drop Everything and Become a Hermit

5 posts in this topic

Seems like every spiritual seeker has the urge to drop everything and go live in the alone woods or something.

Why?

I've felt like doing this for a while and I'm not sure if it's a desire to escape myself or a desire to find myself, not that its necessarily one or the other.

Just now, Julian gabriel said:

Seems like every spiritual seeker has the urge to drop everything and go live in the alone woods or something.

I don't really see this as true at all. But sure, dropping your sort of preconditioned materialistic lifestyle would be a common theme.

Try going homeless in LA just for the fun of it. Or any city. Vegas, Miami, San Francisco. It's a whole different spirituality.

"Holy fuck. Holy fucking fuck. That body of yours is absurd." -Sri Ramana Maharshi

I just got back from two weeks in the Amazon.  It was highly useful.  The jungle changes you.  Nature has a different rhythm than modern life, which is noisy and chaotic.  Everything flows, moves slowly with focused attention.  It is a community,( the plants, insects, animals) that moves and flows together like a dance. No one in the jungle gives orders and commands.  Everyone wants to eat you.  Being in nature gets you in contact with the Tao.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

And then intention will follow you and burn the forest. Anyone who have went to this path will be followed. Suddenly there will be something or a city built around you. /near you.