Devin

Your favorite cities to meet new people

8 posts in this topic

What are your favorite cities to meet new people?

4 minutes ago, Spiral said:

I like London

Seems like the center of the universe really, huge mixture of cultures. the UK countryside's all seem amazing and a short jaunt away as well.

4 minutes ago, Spiral said:

I like London

what about london is it you liked?

where did you go?

any stories in particular you would be willing to share?

13 hours ago, nowornever21 said:

what about london is it you liked?

where did you go?

any stories in particular you would be willing to share?

To preface, I’m only talking about socializing with strangers. Not making friends or getting laid or anything long term. 

In addition I’m Swedish, living in Stockholm. The world’s most asocial place.

I was in London in may this year. What gave me this option was how friendly people were at pubs and similar. I would go up to the bar to grab a pint and strangers would strike up a conversation so casually.

I spent half the evening talking to some random brits. This would never happen in Stockholm. I’d have to make a enormous effort to talk to strangers, so things like meetup is the primary way here.

I also went to Spain this summer and while people were friendlier than in Sweden it wasn’t the same thing. London was something else and I did not expect that.

One more thing that my mother always tell me. While on “vacation mode” you’ll seem happier and more approachable so you end up talking to more people. Might have played a effect also.

Edited by Spiral

I hear what your saying but that may be the case due to the fact alcohol was involved and folks are more jolly with Dutch courage.