vishnusavestheday

Eternal Return. Immortal Deja Vu.

1 post in this topic

Is either a 'solipsistic' or 'infinity of gods' awakening any different to an eternal recurrence awakening? In eternal recurrence, everything is certainly relative and real without needing to postulate who is what and who is who. Instead of end of life cutoff branches, you are the only being living your life ever, forever, over and over. It's simple and enlightening and driving and motivating. Every gripe you have with this idea really is a facet of yourself unintegrated, because either way, you can only know what is obvious to you. The idea of regreeting the same ideas as you regreet them. Purely total, am I wrong?

By extension of being the only being living your life, you can even awaken further by eliminating the ownership of it being YOUR life, thereby learning that THIS life is the only way OTHERS exist at all, totally. Especially because your life is by conclusion just a repeating belt of feelings start to finish.

I've just started reading the novel on eternal recurrence by Ouspensky, and I'm recovering from a state of "deluded originality" where I was convinced nobody else had created this idea before, and by extension I was all states of creation -- the devil, God, the comedian, the joker, the idiot, etc (DejaVuddha)-- since I wasn't aware of the philosophical terminology. Deluded or not, it was original to my experience and that is grace. I even had written a manuscript that was 80 or so pages dedicated to this dilemma, which I have since deleted completely. It bothered me too much and lacked zeal that I found replicable by reading Nietzsche.

Please discuss if you are willing! Let me know what possible problems could be outlined from the preface/paradigm.

"Holy fuck. Holy fucking fuck. That body of yours is absurd." -Sri Ramana Maharshi