Aaron p

The "Oh Shit" Stage

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone started the path using psycs thinking, "fuck yeah I'm Gona get enlightened as a bitch on wheels and this is Gona be so fun" only to be later hit by stark realisation that this infact is not fun hahaha...but fulfilling and deeply necessary. And kinda fun...but scary as fuck, and a very challenging path indeed?

It seems like, for someone who's serious, it's fun fun fun then it's more like going to get surgery every couple months...not fun, scary as shit, but absolutely amazing and extremely powerful and necessary. I'm definitely starting to see awakening practises as more serious than before...it's extremely difficult...I love it...anyone else relate

Edited by Aaron p

Always been a pleasure for me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

well sure the ego is always in for a rude awakening, but once u get passed the horror u dont want to go back, unfortunately the drugs wear off and the ego returns.

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why do you think this is the case for you and not necessarely for most people?

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

Why do you think this is the case for you and not necessarely for most people?

Cause I care profoundly about truth and consciousness, I don't carry emotional trauma, and I didn't fill my mind with all the human bullshit that a lifetime of socialization creates. I also have few human attachments and few conflicts of interest.

The more you take human matters seriously, the more invested you are in it, the more painful awakening will be. Cause everything human is built on BS. Even human spirituality is BS. Even Buddhism, Vedanta, nonduality -- it's all basically BS designed for fools.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah

for me this was a real torture but I had to do it, since my ego was built on radioactive foundations. there was no other way, and as you say, it was to undergo surgery and without anesthesia. It is becoming more of a pleasure, and I anticipate that it will soon be more so. The most obvious result is that my ego currently bothers me zero, and that the door is permanently partially open. And it is just the begining

It's the most difficult thing a human being can do. It's brutal.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

This practice, these glimpses. I can’t imagine anything else being more “important” than this. That’s a silly word to use. But yeah, it can be terrifying.

For anyone feeling a small seed of fear, just remember that nothing lasts. It’s all just appearances and stories and nothing sticks to you. 

Love you all 

On 9/3/2022 at 11:37 PM, Leo Gura said:

Generally speaking, I get it.

But day to day there might have been discomfort, doubts, boredom, etc. And you've also had bad trips. So that sentence may be a bit misleading.

Edited by UnbornTao

23 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

I mean, generally speaking, I get it. But day to day there might have been discomfort, doubts, etc. And from what I can tell, you've also had bad trips. So that sentence may be a bit misleading.

Yeah, but that's like anything. No endeavor in life is positive at all times. Bad trips happen occassionally but it doesn't take away from the joy of becoming more conscious.

Of course it isn't emotionally or intellectually easy. It's a challenge.

It's like if I said I enjoying jogging and you replied, But jogging is uncomfortable.

Edited by Leo Gura

Understanding truth has been the most positive thing of my life. It has been pleasurable, fun, mindblowing, beautiful, and just overall amazing in every way

Just surrender to truth, don't let the ego get in the way of the joy of truth.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

i feel like i defo need to remember to enjoy the process and to take joy even when its uncomfortable

6 hours ago, Aaron p said:

i feel like i defo need to remember to enjoy the process and to take joy even when its uncomfortable

“Enjoying the process” is only sustainable the more One is able to “see through” all the maya. The separate self is attached to its suffering. It holds on to the sources of suffering as parts of the contracted identity, part of the story. The more you awaken, the less it becomes “a process” and the less it even becomes about “enjoying” things. What I mean is that the true Self accepts life and life moves in and through the Self with equanimity of acceptance and love instead of looking at separate events and labeling/judging them. 
Should we enjoy the process more? Yea sure, it can be good advice for people at certain stages, but understand that awakening doesn’t just make this act easier. IMO the lightness of being experienced in the absence of suffering is what one truly enjoys as the illusion drops away. It’s not that hardship CANT be enjoyed, it’s just that the whole thing is flipped once awakening is the case.

Sorry for rambling. I’m not trying to be nitpicking btw, I just want to help and to inspire more contemplation and perhaps lift each other. Thanks everyone for your words.