Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Myself

What do you refer to

32 posts in this topic

In your own words what are you referring to when you use the pronoun "I"?

I'm curious to see the responses.

Edited by Myself

The ego self.  Otherwise known as the "devil " in this community. 

You should get rid of your ego .completely destroy it . Careful if you are a male though because your ego is localised in you know what ;)

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The ego self.  Otherwise known as the "devil " in this community. 

You should get rid of your ego .completely destroy it . Careful if you are a male though because your ego is localised in you know what ;)

What does ego refer to?

5 minutes ago, Myself said:

What does ego refer to?

The sense of being a separate self .

I define myself by the awareness of the boundaries of my skin .so I'm this human being right here .it's false to claim no existence to oneself absolutely as some neo-advaitans teach.

We exist .but not as separate selves. But as awareness of human identity. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The sense of being a separate self .

I define myself by the awareness of the boundaries of my skin .so I'm this human being right here .it's false to claim no existence to oneself absolutely as some neo-advaitans teach.

We exist .but not as separate selves. But as awareness of human identity. 

Okay one more question what is a separate self?

1 minute ago, Myself said:

Okay one more question what is a separate self?

It is an illusion .

Just like the universe you live in when you dream at night. Everything appears to be separate and you (as a dream character) are only aware of the limited viewpoint of that dream character…but the entire dream arises from one consciousness. This universe is a waking dream of sorts.

Things are considered “separate” only because of ignorance. There is no separation and no other.

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It is an illusion .

Just like the universe you live in when you dream at night. Everything appears to be separate and you (as a dream character) are only aware of the limited viewpoint of that dream character…but the entire dream arises from one consciousness. This universe is a waking dream of sorts.

Things are considered “separate” only because of ignorance. There is no separation and no other.

In what way is this universe a lucid dream? How can you be sure of that while you are still living in it? What is the real universe like?

Edited by Myself

33 minutes ago, Myself said:

In what way is this universe a lucid dream? How can you be sure of that while you are still living in it? What is the real universe like?

You are projecting the idea that what you are experiencing right now has a deeper independent reality to it. Which you call the external objective world. You Believe the world exists when you are not perceiving it. 

recognize it’s a more of convoluted belief system that requires extra mind baggage.. that careful.. objective.. direct study of experience and reality does not need. In fact.. if you studied your direct experience long enough you’d notice all sensory perception has no solidity to it at all.. it’s just a fluid.. spacious.. fluctuating field of is-ness popping into and out of a void. the “objective” reality science thinks is out there is quite literally impossible if they knew what they were actually studying, which is perception. The thoughts that think there’s an objective layer are also popping into and out of this void. This  requires an extremely stable...mindful concentration of what is really happening vs what your mind thinks is happening. 

However your consciousness of the present moment is actual. regardless of whether you deny perception/consciousness, it’s here, it’s primary, it’s completely undeniable. Any extra metaphysical claims about the substance of reality are subject to unfalsifiable skepticism. 

The truth of the matter is that any thought cannot be Absolutely True due to the nature of thoughts existing as functions of time which is of course an illusion constructed by the mind.. the fact that thoughts are symbolic representations of reality (the map is not the territory).. and finally.. the fact that all reason and rationality will always dissolve into an infinite regress of reason where one must eventually concede that they’re taking on a belief. 

And again.. It's impossible to prove an objective external world outside of your imagination due to the nature of conscious experience only having the ability to exist as experience. Consciousness is all you have to prove a world. So you are always using consciousness as the actual substance of inquiry and you cannot step outside of consciousness to verify is something outside of consciousness. 

When you give your back to the world your mind assumes there is a world behind you.. You do this because you need to create reality.. Because If you don't create it.. It doesn't exist. If you stop assuming anything on top of what is "actual".. You would see the only actual thing is nothing.     You think the phone that you are holding is actual.. It's not.. There is no phone.. Each moment there is a changing appearance but your mind comes in and create out of this groundless flow an illusion of "object". There are no objects. Each moment you are holding a new phone. 

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You are projecting the idea that what you are experiencing right now has a deeper independent reality to it. Which you call the external objective world. You Believe the world exists when you are not perceiving it. 

recognize it’s a more of convoluted belief system that requires extra mind baggage.. that careful.. objective.. direct study of experience and reality does not need. In fact.. if you studied your direct experience long enough you’d notice all sensory perception has no solidity to it at all.. it’s just a fluid.. spacious.. fluctuating field of is-ness popping into and out of a void. the “objective” reality science thinks is out there is quite literally impossible if they knew what they were actually studying, which is perception. The thoughts that think there’s an objective layer are also popping into and out of this void. This  requires an extremely stable...mindful concentration of what is really happening vs what your mind thinks is happening. 

However your consciousness of the present moment is actual. regardless of whether you deny perception/consciousness, it’s here, it’s primary, it’s completely undeniable. Any extra metaphysical claims about the substance of reality are subject to unfalsifiable skepticism. 

The truth of the matter is that any thought cannot be Absolutely True due to the nature of thoughts existing as functions of time which is of course an illusion constructed by the mind.. the fact that thoughts are symbolic representations of reality (the map is not the territory).. and finally.. the fact that all reason and rationality will always dissolve into an infinite regress of reason where one must eventually concede that they’re taking on a belief. 

And again.. It's impossible to prove an objective external world outside of your imagination due to the nature of conscious experience only having the ability to exist as experience. Consciousness is all you have to prove a world. So you are always using consciousness as the actual substance of inquiry and you cannot step outside of consciousness to verify is something outside of consciousness. 

When you give your back to the world your mind assumes there is a world behind you.. You do this because you need to create reality.. Because If you don't create it.. It doesn't exist. If you stop assuming anything on top of what is "actual".. You would see the only actual thing is nothing.     You think the phone that you are holding is actual.. It's not.. There is no phone.. Each moment there is a changing appearance but your mind comes in and create out of this groundless flow an illusion of "object". There are no objects. Each moment you are holding a new phone. 

Why do you reject the possibility that things exist beyond your experience (so-called objective reality) while simultaneously making claims about my existing experience which you don't have any awareness of?

Edited by Myself

13 minutes ago, Myself said:

Why do you reject the possibility that things exist beyond your experience (so-called objective reality) while simultaneously making claims about my existing experience which you don't have any awareness of?

Some form of reality must exist. But it is merely information passing into your consciousness. There is nothing clearly objective about it. All you are truly aware of is the information fed to your consciousness and the processing of this information. I do not know if I am talking to other consciousnesses right now. All I know is what I sense. Bottom line is, reality is, at face value, perceived not objective.

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Some form of reality must exist. But it is merely information passing into your consciousness. There is nothing clearly objective about it. All you are truly aware of is the information fed to your consciousness and the processing of this information. I do not know if I am talking to other consciousnesses right now. All I know is what I sense. Bottom line is, reality is, at face value, perceived not objective.

How about the input I am giving you? Is that not objective?

When you stop looking at my post does it cease to exist or can other people like me look at it?

Edited by Myself

1 minute ago, Myself said:

How about the input I am giving you? Is that not objective?

No .its no different than an input a dream character can give me at a dream at night .

It's made of my consciousness. 

Everything and I mean EVERYTHING exists within your consciousness . Where else could it be?  Take a look ?.

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No .its no different than an input a dream character can give me at a dream at night .

It's made of my consciousness. 

Everything and I mean EVERYTHING exists within your consciousness . Where else could it be?  Take a look ?.

So you think your dream characters are conscious? Because the source of your input (me) is conscious and exists beyond your experience.

Edited by Myself

2 minutes ago, Myself said:

So you think your dream characters are conscious? Because the source of your input (me) is conscious and exists beyond your experience.

This is where it gets tricky ..because in the dream everything exists within your consciousness and the other characters are not conscious. 

However in this waking world that you are experiencing right now ..others are conscious BUT still they exist within your consciousness. 

"People" can simultaneously be dreamt by you and have "their own" subjective experience at the same time .

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

This is where it gets tricky ..because in the dream everything exists within your consciousness and the other characters are not conscious. 

However in this waking world that you are experiencing right now ..others are conscious BUT still they exist within your consciousness. 

"People" can simultaneously be dreamt by you and have "their own" subjective experience at the same time .

Weren't you claiming to have awakened to absolute solipsism just a few months back after having watched Leo's deleted video three times..now you're claiming other people have their own experiences which only proves you're not conscious at all. You're one of the dream characters

5 minutes ago, Holykael said:

Weren't you claiming to have awakened to absolute solipsism just a few months back after having watched Leo's deleted video three times..now you're claiming other people have their own experiences which only proves you're not conscious at all. You're one of the dream characters

Yes .there is no contradiction. 

What you have to understand is that there is literally no difference between you being the only conscious being or whether others are real .

The problem with solipsism is not whether it's objectivey true or not(is it actually the case that I am the only one out there)..but is that it is absolutely true subjectively regardless of that.  You are trapped inside your own subjective experience in any case.. So even though I am aware right now from my pov.. From your pov that doesn't matter and there is no such thing.. There is only your awareness.. There is no such thing as "my awareness" in your awareness.. There is only these words in front of you right now and that's the actualilty of what is.. Anything else is just assumptions you add on top of it. .you say "of course there is someone there writing these words.. They couldn't just write themselves lol".. Really?. In your dream.. The entire dream and all the people inside of it..and their actions.. Are nothing but your creation.. They have no Reality of their own outside your imagination.. The only real thing in the dream underneath all the scattered phenomenon is YOU. 

Its the same with the waking world . We are conscious but only within your consciousness. If you die today the entire world will die with you .

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I am conscious but I am not in you. Also you aren't dreaming me because I exist beyond your experience.

9 minutes ago, Myself said:

I am conscious but I am not in you. Also you aren't dreaming me because I exist beyond your experience.

I AM your experience.  I only exist within your experience.  Close your eyes or go to sleep and I will disappear from your experience. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I AM your experience.  I only exist within your experience.  Close your eyes or go to sleep and I will disappear from your experience. 

So you have no life of your own?

4 minutes ago, Myself said:

So you have no life of your own?

I do If you imagine I do ;)

Yet at the same time I'm a projection of your own mind .

Remember that imagination =reality . So what's real is ultimately what YOU imagine is real.