Razard86

When I was younger I used to do this but when you get older you don't have the time

22 posts in this topic

When I was younger I used to get in deep logical debates and argue and provide proof etc. to prove my position or frame of thinking/perspective/opinion as superior. Maybe I'm surrounded by a lot of younger people because its like I'm talking to my younger self on this forums. So many people on this forum when they reply to you they write a book....a literal book. You really do not need to write a book as a reply. 

For your normal posts when you are sharing something write as much as you want. But you do not need to write a book to reply to someone. Do you know how much time someone has to spend trying to interpret what you are saying and the significance and interconnectedness of each point? The purpose of writing is to be understood. You don't want it to be an ordeal for the person you are communicating with to understand you. Of course YOU know the meaning of what you are typing its in your head, but you need to be short and simple and offer to go in depth if the person needs clarification.

I have had this issue in the past where I used to believe I had to explain every last detail and learned over time people don't need that or most times even want that. I still do this when I talk but thankfully I have cleaned it up my writing. 

So let's recap, if you want to post a long post to share something go for it. But when you converse with people on the forums and engage in discussion keep your replies short and simple and offer to go in depth if they are open to it. Now this isn't me trying to control anyone you can do as you please, its just friendly advice. I've outgrown debates, I already burned through that karma I'll say a couple of responses then I'm bailing I'm not sticking around to write walls of texts and pontificate on the many perspectival meanings of nothingness. Once you realize everything is you, and everything is nothing....why spend hours in debate?

Speak your perspective, give a couple responses and keep it moving I say but to each his own. We are all going to disagree with each other for various reasons, and trigger each other at times (which is a good thing actually as it is a chance to see where some hidden resistance is) so buckle up as this forum is not for the faint of heart.

All I ask is consider the receiver of your communication when you choose to respond.... if they want you to write a book...they'll order one lol.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Some people are more focused on writing poetry than conveying clear thoughts, which is ok. That is a valid form of self-expression. But some people can certainly work on streamlining their writing if they want people to understand, let alone read their posts.

On the topic of debate (or just conversation in general), there is an interesting phenomena that often happens where there is no real progress in terms of covering new ground, but it's rather about engaging in different "modes of thinking" (e.g. saying something common that almost everybody agrees with), which is then often treated as if it is new information or an actual disagreement, but which in reality is just a difference in timing or circumstance. This often causes conversations to get needlessly heated.

For example, I think everybody can agree that being overly verbose can be detrimental, so in that sense, you're simply engaging in a common mode of thinking. Then somebody might respond by bringing up some opposing mode that is also a source of agreement (e.g. "you need to be informative though"), just as a way to balance it out, all the while there is no actual disagreement to be had. That said, it's not a complete waste of time, because it can be used as a springboard to talk about differences in nuances and emphasis on those topics. For example, I agreed with the general premise of your topic, but I responded by adding some nuance. 

So keeping this in mind can be another tool for making conversations go more smoothly.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

15 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Some people are more focused on writing poetry than conveying clear thoughts, which is ok. That is a valid form of self-expression. But some people can certainly work on streamlining their writing if they want people to understand or let alone read their posts.

On the topic of debate (or just conversation in general), there is an interesting phenomena that often happens where there is no real progress in terms of covering new ground, but it's rather about engaging in different "modes of thinking" (e.g. saying something common that almost everybody agrees with), which is then often treated as if it is new information or an actual disagreement, but which in reality is just a difference in timing or circumstance. This often causes conversations to get needlessly heated.

For example, I think everybody can agree that being overly verbose can be detrimental, so in that sense, you're simply engaging in a common mode of thinking, and somebody might respond by bringing up some opposing mode that is also a source of agreement (e.g. "you need to be informative though"), just as a way to balance it out, all the while there is no actual disagreement to be had. That said, it's not a complete waste of time, because it can be used as a springboard to talk about differences in nuances and emphasis on those topics. For example, I agreed with the general premise of your topic, but I responded by adding some nuance. 

So keeping this in mind can be another tool for making conversations go more smoothly.

Yeah which is why I said it served me when I was smaller as it helped increase my ability to process information and connect the dots between different bits of information but in retrospect I also realize that you can just bore people with the details. 

Also I am only focused on the replies, I stated in the original post if you are just posting a thought as a thread where you want to express yourself say what you want. But when you engage with people if you make your responses too wordy for their liking, don't expect them to first understand you, or have the patience to understand you much less give a fitting reply that connects with your responses. 

But I agree obviously that in the end everything can be a net positive. This post is more to bring awareness to those who are preferentially too wordy. As I stated earlier that preference obviously lives in me as well. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

7 hours ago, SOUL said:

Oh the irony...

Lol well you do realize life is paradoxical so everything is ironic. How ironic...you didn't realize that.

15 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

too long didnt read :D:D:D

Lol I would say good one but come on you can do better than that. I basically fed you that one.

51 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Lol well you do realize life is paradoxical so everything is ironic. How ironic...you didn't realize that.

Projecting much?

I do realize it that's why I said it...or maybe you didn't understand that.

6 hours ago, SOUL said:

Projecting much?

I do realize it that's why I said it...or maybe you didn't understand that.

Projecting much? I am merely reflecting you, so is it I am projecting or is it I am reflecting? Do you even know the difference?

On 2022-08-26 at 0:08 PM, Razard86 said:

You really do not need to write a book as a reply

It also needs to be recognized that different people have different agendas with what they write, how they write it and underlying reasons. 

What you are saying is essentially trying to align the world and individual worldviews according to your perspective of how things should be. 

That's just never going to happen, but just as everyone else is try entitled to the ways they themselves show up in the world, you too are entitled to yours. 

There's also the freedom to choose not to read what some people write, and to skip too long posts. 

E.g. my posts :$

Myself, I don't find new value in short posts that bring too simplistic and narrow contributions that essentially could mean anything, based on how one chooses to interpret what's said. 

More context leave less assumptions and more alignment between what's being attempted to be conveyed through language that is inherently flawed, and the interpretation of the individual that chooses to read. 

I do find value to make myself as clear as possible, TLDR may that be, but that also assumes a desired outcome of being read, which overlooks the actual value to composing thoughts. 

I'm struggling to find motivation to make this post any longer than is already us, as the universe now has depleted my desire to write, so I'll just shut up now :D

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

7 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Projecting much? I am merely reflecting you, so is it I am projecting or is it I am reflecting? Do you even know the difference?

It's all in your imagination and you are fighting with the shadows in your mind.

Edited by SOUL

On 8/27/2022 at 8:05 AM, Eph75 said:

It also needs to be recognized that different people have different agendas with what they write, how they write it and underlying reasons. 

What you are saying is essentially trying to align the world and individual worldviews according to your perspective of how things should be. 

That's just never going to happen, but just as everyone else is try entitled to the ways they themselves show up in the world, you too are entitled to yours. 

There's also the freedom to choose not to read what some people write, and to skip too long posts. 

E.g. my posts :$

Myself, I don't find new value in short posts that bring too simplistic and narrow contributions that essentially could mean anything, based on how one chooses to interpret what's said. 

More context leave less assumptions and more alignment between what's being attempted to be conveyed through language that is inherently flawed, and the interpretation of the individual that chooses to read. 

I do find value to make myself as clear as possible, TLDR may that be, but that also assumes a desired outcome of being read, which overlooks the actual value to composing thoughts. 

I'm struggling to find motivation to make this post any longer than is already us, as the universe now has depleted my desire to write, so I'll just shut up now :D

1. Of course everyone has an agenda, people can also choose to ignore me. Many people can point things out, it doesn't mean people will listen. I can tell someone that majority of physical illnesses are self inflicted, bad physical diet, bad mental diet. Doesn't mean they will listen, but some will.

2. The entire point of communication is to be understood. Sure another motivation is attention but that attention is still to be understood. So my post is to point out how to be better understood. Most people don't even read books, so if you write a book as a reply...well don't get mad if people don't take the time to understand you.

3. This is an issue I used to do and I have worked on it over the years. You won't believe how long my posts used to be, my current posts are miniscule in comparison. Now when it comes to talking...I still have some more work to do in learning to articulate something in fewer words. 

On 8/27/2022 at 2:00 PM, SOUL said:

It's all in your imagination and you are fighting with the shadows in your mind.

Thanks for illuminating to me your struggles I wish you all the best in overcoming your shadows. I'm rooting for you.

12 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Thanks for illuminating to me your struggles I wish you all the best in overcoming your shadows. I'm rooting for you.

If you were really illuminated you would know there is no overcoming shadows, it's in full illumination that shadows cannot exist.

I'm rooting for your full illumination as well.

7 hours ago, SOUL said:

If you were really illuminated

Look at you, you really do not understand how much you reveal when you type do you? How much of a desire do you have to be right? To teach? Notice you have such a desire to PROVE yourself. If you didn't you wouldn't continue this back and forth. Notice how easy it is for me to get you to continue. Do you want to continue? Because we can if you want. This is a fun game after all.

Tango20140425-094-718x1000.jpg

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

6 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Look at you, you really do not understand how much you reveal when you type do you? How much of a desire do you have to be right? To teach? Notice you have such a desire to PROVE yourself. If you didn't you wouldn't continue this back and forth. Notice how easy it is for me to get you to continue. Do you want to continue? Because we can if you want. This is a fun game after all.

I'm speaking about something we all experience as human, we all have shadows at some point and the way to transcend them are to illuminate the consciousness. A consciousness illuminated from an absolute perspective of infinite points of light there can be no shadow.

An attachment to separate self will cast a shadow in our consciousness just like the body casts a shadow on the ground. So this explains why a fully illuminated consciousness is called 'enlightenment' by the sages through the ages. This mysterious word becomes clarified.

There are quite a many of us all throughout the world in small ways and in massive ways encourage each other to continue awakening. To continue illumination of our consciousness so we can have revelation in our awareness and elevation of our presence of being.

I will not apologize for encouraging well being for anyone and everyone who seeks it but my apologies to you if my posts doing so disturbed your peace. I will stay away from your threads and won't quote you ever again if you really wish me to stay away.

Peace.

59 minutes ago, Eph75 said:

Tango20140425-094-718x1000.jpg

Beautiful picture....the dance of life!! I challenge you to find a similar picture but one that is paradoxical in nature.

16 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I will not apologize for encouraging well being for anyone and everyone who seeks it but my apologies to you if my posts doing so disturbed your peace. I will stay away from your threads and won't quote you ever again if you really wish me to stay away.

Peace.

Why are you apologizing? Where is the harm? Loosen up man you are WAYYY TOO SERIOUS!!!!! Let loose!!!! Stop trying so hard to be holy!!! LOL!!! That is spiritual ego!!! Dance!!! Laugh!!! Let loose!!!! Its all a game!!! A dream!!! You are me and I am you so what conflict is there? 

https://biblehub.com/mark/3-25.htm A house divided against itself shall not stand. 

Me and you were merely playing a game. Its those who mistake the game for something serious that need apologies!!! You teach me and I teach you. There is no difference between you and me, so we good. Any conflict I have is with myself, that Holykael user on the forums has shown me that I need to deal with the whiny identity I have within. I took him too seriously and almost lost myself.

Anyway we good man don't get too lost into logic, that you forget to loosen up and have fun!! Much love man!!!

26 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Any conflict I have is with myself

On 8/27/2022 at 11:00 AM, SOUL said:

32 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Loosen up man you are WAYYY TOO SERIOUS!!!!!

I'm honored to be your muse.

Peace.