Raptorsin7

Your View On Solipsism

27 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Ramu said:

@Gesundheit2 actually solipsism is absolutely true, it just doesn't matter if you like it or not!?

40 minutes ago, Oppositionless said:

the fact that the self is all that can be known to exist.

what's the question to 42?

Edited by Oppositionless

22 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Since this did scare the shit out of me when the ego came back. Some resistance to even considering the idea might be terror. It means the end for the ego, it is = to literal death.

It’s not just fear, it’s also love and anxiety and a lot of other emotions mixed together.

Actually it’s an emotion that is entirely unfamiliar - like seeing a new primary colour - and that’s what is frightening about it. There is some sense of dread in it. When you are awakening, it sporadically materialises to snap at your heels, to make your heart skip a beat, to make you panic.

It is nothing other than the dying of self into God. It is lingering resistance.

Apparently.

@axiom which explains the panic attacks I would occasionally experience before I awakened.... basically experiencing God full on and being terrified pre-awakening....now on reflection in my post awakened state realizing it was a full on God experience.

Of course I forgot to mention that was happening with ganja I was smoking.  Previously I used as a recreational substance not realizing it's really a tool for consciousness work.  Ganja (really high THC sativa Blue Dream), gave me a SHOCKING mind blowing holy shit awakening...I realized I'm not IN anything as a human...I am the room itself...then another time I saw the bubble that is God...aka My True Self.

8 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Razard86 No, i'm not saying you are all just projections of my imagination and I'm not a projection of your imaginations. I believe we are all imagination, and anyone who is consciously reading this right is part of the imaginative process unfolding without our control.

I guess my main point is that some people are interpreting Leo's views on solipsism as Leo is the only one imagining everyone else in some form of heirarchy, like how in a video game no one ascribes consciousness and creative power to NPC's like they do the main character they are playing.

leo doesn't say i am you but you are me, you can know one dream and that's your dream not leo's dream, consciousness does one task at a time, it is unable to multi-task, and thus all else is idle speculation

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

consciousness does one task at a time, it is unable to multi-task,

To say that is idle speculation. The thing is that others are real to the same extent as me. There are countless apparent experiences occurring right now. when they disintegrate like a soap bubble, the absolute remains, and you disappear, since you are not real. what is difficult to understand is how is possible that many experiences occur at the same time and are related to each other. but that's how it is. It's difficult to explain the infinity too, the existence. not long ago everyone would have rushed to say: only your experience is real, there are no others. now it seems that the trend is not so clear. better, since that was false

Edited by Breakingthewall

8 hours ago, axiom said:

@Razard86 

The concept of Pratītyasamutpāda within Zen Buddhism covers this. It refers to dependent origination.

One of the most popular meditative practices involves repeatedly asking the question "Who is aware?", i.e. :

1. You are aware of an object
2. You are aware of being aware of an object
3. You are aware of your awareness.

This is where many people stop. They think they are "done", by abiding in awareness. They consider awareness to be the pure and perfect substrate, their real "self".

But they are still in duality. You can go further:

4. Awareness of being aware of being aware of awareness. 
5. Awareness of being aware of being aware of being aware of being aware of being aware of being aware of being aware...

In other words, infinite regress. It is like Russell's Paradox: The set of all sets cannot contain itself, even though it too is a set.

Thus unknowingly, in an effort to preserve its own separate existence, the ego has constructed this final duality, a final misapprehension. The boss at the end of the last level of the most difficult game. But this boss can be beaten. It can be collapsed. This rarely happens because the self wants to cling on, cling on, cling on. It will grab on to anything to avoid its obliteration - the tiniest blade of grass to prevent itself from falling off the cliff.

When "awareness of" is completely gone, the final duality is collapsed. What is left is pure appearances, pure immediacy. No observer, no filter, no dualistic "being aware of being aware". No infinite regress. Just appearances. In and of themselves.

This world of appearances is sometimes referred to as 'God'. But what is God? God too is just an appearance. An appearance out of and from nothing. God is nothing.

This is enlightenment. 

You cannot regress infinity.  God is infinite Awareness. That is where it stops. If there is no awareness....there could never be anything....not even nothing. The baseline is awareness. In your experience...you have always been aware. This is why you cannot reduce it. its irreducible. There is only awareness. Right now I challenge you to remove awareness, you can't. Awareness is the baseline and of course it has an infinite loop its literally infinite.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.