Thomas

Who Started This Topic?

17 posts in this topic

To have a context: https://youtu.be/Bsyplaii9p4?list=PLFfM65xLnO-GGdbO5yYuQvaKOhG6j1Ih7

And I look at this hand I'm being told isn't mine and I want to believe it, but I experience this hand as my own hand. I feel the warmth, my input makes these fingers move, I have control over it - it feels so real.. SO MINE!

Another thing I'm confused about is my conceptualization of reality and how I distinguish truth from false.
These concepts of reality are not reality - Okay, I think I can grasp that my view is a mix of reality and attachments in form of concepts explaining or helping me understand this reality of which I feel to be a center of.

And I know the story I perceive as truth is true, because I have another story that proves that the first is true.

So let's say:

The story: I believe that when I put my hand into fire I will feel pain. 

The story that backs up the story: I've put my hand once into a fire and felt pain.

The story that backs up the backup story: ???

How can I strip away my stories even more?

And If I don't exist who tells the story at all?

It feels like I'm open-minded enough to believe that reality is everything except me in it, I don't have an outrageous reaction, a little bit of fear, excitement and a fuzzy feeling in my head, but...

I don't have a direct experience. I don't understand. I sit an hour a day without even moving a finger and I still don't understand what I'm doing. Not that I'm impatient, it just feels so surreal that this kind of realization can be experienced. I even don't mind being confused.

I'm just curious... who wrote this post?

What ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Your hand is part of you.

You will still be you if you were to chop it off.

But why do this?

Instead learn how to properly use it.

Your ego is part of you...

...don't get rid of it.

Instead learn how to properly use it.

Edited by Lha Bho
Because Dragons

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

What is that entity that Your hand is a part of?

Are You your body? 

Are You a thought? Vision? Smell? Touch? Sound?

Where is that "You" located?

If I chop this hand off, this body will become one handed without a doubt, but how do I know I AM THIS BODY?

That is my question because the more You study the concepts of mindfulness and enlightenment the more ingrained in Your awareness becomes the concept that the nature of You / Ego / Psyche / Identity / Self is described as illusory or/and not real.

You can understand the concept, You can even believe in it, but still You won't have the direct experience because the concept is covering it.

Even small breakthroughs during meditation are not THIS experience. Countless times I've felt detached from my body, dissolving into present moment, but it merely feels like a taste of how surreal and incomprehensible THIS experience may be.

Edited by Thomas

Assuming there *is* a Self with a capital S...

..."You" are always this Self.

I see self inquiry as a way to uncover what's always already there.

Self inquiry isn't meant to be a conceptual endeavor though.

I've always understood it as an experiential form of meditation.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Identity (aka person, separate self, ego) is a shifty concept. Everyone makes up their own definition of it.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

@Thomas

The distinctions between what's "you" and what's not is a result of hard coded stories in your mind. Get rid of these stories and you'll know this answer.

Let's say your computer runs many processes, one of them created a file on your hard drive. Who created the file? The process? The operating system? The computer?

Edited by Debil

3 minutes ago, Debil said:

@Thomas

The distinctions between what's "you" and what's not is a result of hard coded stories in your mind. Get rid of these stories and you'll know this answer.

Let's say this is a virtual reality and we're objects in a computer program. Now let's say an object creates a file, who created it? 

namespace God{
  class Universe{ 
      static void Main(string bigbang){
          Human @Thomas = new Human();
        @Thomas.WritePostOnActualizedDotOrg();
        @Thomas.Asks("Who wrote this post ultimately?"); //The one that created the project
      }
  }
}

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodoster that's assuming that the question is hard coded... I think that in our case the project creator made an AI that can decide to do random stuff within certain limitations. So the creator didn't write the question, but rather it's the result of a very long sequence of events leading to that point.

6 minutes ago, Debil said:

@Dodoster that's assuming that the question is hard coded... I think that in our case the project creator made an AI that can decide to do random stuff within certain limitations. So the creator didn't write the question, but rather it's the result of a very long sequence of events leading to that point.

Im not arrogant enough to say God is hardcoding values xDD..

I just did a quick one, you have to agree, I wont be able to write exact truthful representation of the program, if we are even in one.

Here is the debate of whether the objects within the supposed program have free will of their own, whether it's all deterministic (predetermined by the primary input) or whether it is probabilistic, which is most likely the case imo. 

BUT in either of those cases, the one that wrote the project made the file, because He is the One.

IF it is a program, then God, the prime programmer  is experiencing the code through the objects such as Human, so the coding goes on from within the object too - leaving us with the satisfactoriness of it all not being hardcoded, because it is being coded eve now! ^^

Edited by Dodoster

-1/12 is Infinity 

You don't know what enlightenment is, you don't know if it exists. You don't know anything at all. Believing in what Leo tells you is the first mistake you made.

You are seeking something, but why are you seeking it? Why do you believe that the world is illusion?

Is there any real curiousity within you, or are you simply chasing an "expirience" that is supposed to benefit yourself?

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.  

Maybe God wrote the code, who knows ?                   

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Here is a video just for you.

Sit down, meditate, fuck the shitty pointers. I fully agree. Them Buddhist texts have left me delusional more often than not.

nobody started this topic. reality "created" the experience of opening this topic, but nobody experienced it. reality experienced it itself. like a movie without a watcher. the movie is watching itself

Edited by Echoes

Who wrote the post?

Well if we speak in relative terms then you did it as the human being you are. I.e you, whatever name your parents have given to you, did it.

If we speak in absolute terms, then litteraly no one wrote it (and there also isn't any "it", there is no post to be read anywhere:)) . But that "no one" / nothingness / no-thing isn't the same as saying that 'no person wrote it', it's more like saying that absolutely none wrote it, cos there have never been anyone to write it in the first place. There exist no persons. All there exist is nothingness/non-duality/God/infinity -- which is what the real YOU is - but out of this is created an apparant dualistic world (i.e. YOU in fact created it), which YOU currently believe you live in... - and YOU also believe (i.e. trick your self into believing) that it was created without your 'will' (i.e. "I'm not responsible for my birth" and so forth)... and so we have the seperation between 'you' (the ego) and "not-you" (other persons, outside world)... This seperation doesn't really exist though - it's an illusion.

Everything that happens to you and everything that you do are two sides of the same coin: It's in fact at the same time all YOUR doing (as you = the real you) and at same time not your doing at all (as you = the illusion of the ego).

Have a listen.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.