Bruins8000

Infinite Dimensions/Infinite Universe- Immortal beings possible?

3 posts in this topic

THIS is without beginning or end and obviously is infinite in every way possible. Countless galaxies, countless dimensions both within and without. The idea of a multiverse framework seems very probable.

Obviously if there were different universes there would be no mandate for them to all follow the same rules of physics or even be anything remotely like each other. Is it possible in one of these infinite realities there could be physical beings in bodies that are completely immortal? I’m not talking immortal in the sense of immortality we all have by identifying with THIS. I’m talking about an immortal embodied form. I can’t see why this would not be possible considering nothingness is pure potential and possibility. My question kind of stems from the fact of our worldly lives and how our bodies eventually die. When I start to wonder why it has to be this way I catch myself as I’m being shortsighted…maybe it’s only this way in this version of reality 

Thoughts??

This sort of talk is sort of a "What if"... takes you away from the work of realizing that you are an immortal being right now. But, you are a shape shifter.

And, the real answer is also... I don't know. It seems stupid to lock yourself into a finite form forever.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

There could easily be dimensions that do not have 1 dimensional time as a mechanic. Time itself isn't fundamental. A dimension with no time could be very different. Or a dimension with two dimensional time (I've actually had an experience with this). Our concepts of death might not even apply in such dimensions.

In terms of linear time, with the configuration of life/death we will probably never reach embodied immortality. It would be a different thing altogether if your structure wasn't arranged with life in the first place, but with something completely as profound but unimaginable to us due to our reality's setup.

It's hard to give a definite answer due to the lack of our perspectives towards possible other infinite varieties of consciousness.

But it also depends on how you define death. Death ultimately is not a real thing. All form will change, but it is just a matter of definition of what degree of change is death.

Edited by amanen

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)