Hardkill

Shouldn’t the GOP be afraid of getting murdered by psychotic and angry gun owners?

5 posts in this topic

I just realized something.

With the rise spike in gun ownership and gun sales over the past couple of years and the GOP having constantly promoted gun rights like crazy for decades aren’t Republicans essentially signing their own death warrants?

Don’t you think that rich white conservatives and Republican politicians should especially be very worried about getting shot by some disturbed individuals or by some very disgruntled poor people or by some highly indignant black and brown people?

I of course don’t care if they did get hurt in some way from a gunshot. In fact, I would probably laugh at them for being such dumbasses who got what they deserved.

Edited by Hardkill

Why would they shoot people they agree with?

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Only somebody who lives in a city and has never handled guns or interacted with people who own guns would hypothesize something like this.

We already have laws to deter people from shooting people. Especially public officials, you know if you shoot one of them you're going to get cracked down on extra hard.

Most people don't care about politics enough to shoot someone over it. Those who are that disturbed or disgruntled would just use a knife or find some other way to inflict harm instead if guns weren't available. Look at the guy in Japan who was committed enough to create his own firearm from scratch.

Statistically the kind of people doing that sort of thing aren't obtaining their firearms legally anyway.

10 hours ago, Hardkill said:

With the rise spike in gun ownership and gun sales over the past couple of years

You have a source for that more recent than 2020?

g1.png

g2.png

On 7/18/2022 at 1:43 AM, integral said:

Why would they shoot people they agree with?

Because they are stupid and irrational. I mean I can already imagine some psycho going to a gun convention, trying out a bunch of guns there for shits and giggles, and then many people dying there because of that.

On 7/18/2022 at 11:59 AM, Yarco said:

Only somebody who lives in a city and has never handled guns or interacted with people who own guns would hypothesize something like this.

We already have laws to deter people from shooting people. Especially public officials, you know if you shoot one of them you're going to get cracked down on extra hard.

Most people don't care about politics enough to shoot someone over it. Those who are that disturbed or disgruntled would just use a knife or find some other way to inflict harm instead if guns weren't available. Look at the guy in Japan who was committed enough to create his own firearm from scratch.

Statistically the kind of people doing that sort of thing aren't obtaining their firearms legally anyway.

You have a source for that more recent than 2020?

g1.png

Okay, gun sales did go down in 2021 compared to 2020; however, the total gun purchases throughout the whole country still was significantly higher than the pre-pandemic record of 16.7 million gun purchases in 2016.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2022/01/05/us-bought-almost-20-million-guns-last-year---second-highest-year-on-record/?sh=6ceb318f13bb

@Hardkill

On 7/18/2022 at 9:23 AM, Hardkill said:

I just realized something.

With the rise spike in gun ownership and gun sales over the past couple of years and the GOP having constantly promoted gun rights like crazy for decades aren’t Republicans essentially signing their own death warrants?

Don’t you think that rich white conservatives and Republican politicians should especially be very worried about getting shot by some disturbed individuals or by some very disgruntled poor people or by some highly indignant black and brown people?

I of course don’t care if they did get hurt in some way from a gunshot. In fact, I would probably laugh at them for being such dumbasses who got what they deserved.

You mean, like realized this this hour? Or yesterday, or when is it that you realized this insight?

Are we talking about IRL, or in the internet? Normally you wouldn't shoot those you agree and support for pro gun rights.

Why should Conservatives and Rebublicans be worried? That part of their demographic voters would attack them...for what?

Why would you laugh at those who would get shot at?