Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orange

Duality In Dreams

28 posts in this topic

Imo dreams hint to the dreamer that things aren't as they seem. Obviously when you dream everything is happening within you, but it doesnt feel that way mostly -

So from this observation alone we see that duality is an illusion,  at least in dreams, but we can project that as a hypothesis in waking reality too, just need to awaken and see it was/is all within us.

-1/12 is Infinity 

3 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@Vanish I just heard a great quote that I wanted to share with you. "You use a stick to stir a fire knowing that eventually you will throw the stick in the fire too".

I guess i got many sticks left too but whenever the last one shows up i just know that i have to throw that one in too.

29 minutes ago, brovakhiin said:

Wow fascinating...but an 8 hour sit...any volunteers? 9_9

@brovakhiin I've done middle of night meditations before. 1to 2 hrs. They can get pretty intense. You'll be tripping your ass off for sure with 8 hrs. It would be interesting though. Lots of lucid dreaming. in and out of various states of awareness. The last time I did it I was in a semi conscious state of awareness at one point and than I suddenly became fully aware that there was a void staring me in the face. Seriously, it was like a black hole in consciousness. That woke me up! So yea, there's lots to explore there.

Very interesting topic eh? How's this for a twist on lucidity during dreams and non-duality in dreams. I can explicity remember fragments of a very recent dream. Some older man had done something selfish or harmful directly to me by being weak in some way that affected me negatively. In other words I was the 'victim' of the consequences of another's action or non-action, and should have felt slighted or diminished in some way. (Or normally would have anyway, but in my 'real' [ha ha], waking life I am working hard to transcend any victim mentality, as it is usually pretty worthless & 'suffery'.)

So anyway, in my dream, I seemed to become lucid that I was dreaming just before I reacted to this perceived slight, and instead of reacting angrily, or in any kind of 'poor me' manner, I embraced him and told him quietly that I understood that his weakness had driven him in action, not any intended malice, and that it was okay, I loved him as a brother, and that I was fine, unbesmirched and happy that both of us were here to have the chance to 'fuck things up' sometimes.

WTF eh? A little consciousness & growth in my waking state now transferring into my dreams... I've grown there too? Ooooh I get chills lol. Either that or my dreamly ego's all pleased with itself for trying not to be an unconscious asshole during my waking hours. 

Edited by FirstglimpseOMG
Typso

@cetus56

Interesting indeed, thanks for sharing

@FirstglimpseOMG 

Good for you. Of course, being more awake in the waking state is going to translate into the dream state also. It can be a great, virtuous circle if maintained days and nights.

So, like you said it can be an indicator of progress , but dreams can also be 'obstacles' that give you the ground of security and reinsurance that your ego wants.

14 hours ago, FirstglimpseOMG said:

I embraced him and told him quietly that I understood that his weakness had driven him in action, not any intended malice, and that it was okay, I loved him as a brother, and that I was fine, unbesmirched and happy that both of us were here to have the chance to 'fuck things up' sometimes

@FirstglimpseOMG You embraced yourself. It's all you brother. Every bit of it.

You probably have, especially as a child you just don't remember.

B R E A T H E