David

Reiki

25 posts in this topic

The reason it's important to not be a placebo is so it will work on those who don't believe. In a post above someone said if give a non-alcoholic beer to person they might still get drunk but if give alcohol to a person that somehow believes it's plain water they still get drunk. So again the reason it's important is because IT needs to work. If I were selling cure pills that were just plain biscuits even if the placebo effect worked I would be lying knowing there is nothing in them. And if the mind can heal it's self with just belief than that is a skill to develop in it's own right. 

6 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

So what if it's placebo? If it works it works, and even if it's a placebo the results probably outweigh the Reiki session price tenfold. If you want to hinder people from getting help from it, what will help them and how? Science? There is more to life than science, and sience is a delusion initself

As I have many times said, there's nothing wrong in it if it's placebo as long as it's understood that it will not cure any medical conditions, for example that cancer. Why do you think I want to hinder people from getting help from anything? Where have I said that? I want to people to get the most realistic understanding about what kind of help they can get and where. I agree that there's more to life than science, but it's really dangerous to just dismiss science as "delusion in itself". Because you know, scientific method really is a)best and b)only tool we have to gather reliable information we can about things that are scientifically observable. It's only bad to try to use science where it does not apply. But claims about physical health are things that really are physically measurable, and we can really scientifically investigate whether or not the claims describe the physical reality.

5 hours ago, David said:

And if the mind can heal it's self with just belief than that is a skill to develop in it's own right. 

You are on the right tracks here!

@ttm for sure! I'm aware of a couple of self healings through faith and/or visualization techniques. 

To quote one of the most enlightenedindividuals I've ever met:

"It's all so simple "

I had the same concern, and I think it really depends on you and the person that teaches you reiki. 

After my first initiation, I felt more energetic throuout the day. My emotions and mind and body were very sharp. On the next day I had lots of little pain randomly throuout my body and it was a good time to practise healing on my body. Actually I was healling both with my hands and my body was healing through this pain. After a week I felt more energetic. 

To conclude my experience with reiki so far, (I have only used on my self for now, because I'm level 1) was more emotional cleansing and it helped me boost my immune system.