Prana_y4na

How do I get friends like me?

3 posts in this topic

I've never felt like I've had friends that truly understand me. To me it's not hard socializing, in fact I'm pretty much able to communicate to people almost whenever I want (even cold approach). 

But I always end up feeling like they just aren't like me, and I'm not like them, so both get disinterested of each other (specially me towards them, honestly), and I probably cut off the relationship. They always talk about gossip, sports, tiktok, things that other people do, and I just don't care. I care more about life purpose, traveling, appreciating the beauty of life, music, feeling your emotions intensely, talking about deep topics, things of that style. 

I know that you could say, "surround yourself with people into those things," but I've already done, still I don't think they appreciate those activities and have the same vision for life in the same depth as I do, they just recurr to entertain themselves with the same I listed above, so I don't end up feeling like I belong there either. 

Where can I find people like-minded? (preferably in real life). 

46 minutes ago, Raze said:

That video while well meaning isn't going to help him. 

57 minutes ago, Prana_y4na said:

I've never felt like I've had friends that truly understand me. To me it's not hard socializing, in fact I'm pretty much able to communicate to people almost whenever I want (even cold approach). 

But I always end up feeling like they just aren't like me, and I'm not like them, so both get disinterested of each other (specially me towards them, honestly), and I probably cut off the relationship.

Where can I find people like-minded? (preferably in real life). 

Until you work on accepting people for who they are, you aren't going to have real friends. What you need to watch is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzTEzav5l20

The closer you get to outlining these traits, the better every single relationship you ever have will be.

There is a trap though, two actually.

1. You still need to have healthy boundaries so don't allow people to take advantage of you

2. Don't lie and delude yourself by doing things out of duty. If you do you will (keep score) and resent them. So only agree to do things for people out of your love for them without excepting anything back. If you can give to others lovingly you will gain friends. 

I've done this my whole life, and its why I have people I can call and have deep conversations with. They trust me completely because they know I love them and only want the best for them. People who can embody majority of those traits are rare. So you have the privilege of those rare relationships.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.