Husseinisdoingfine

Is it true that meditation increases intelligence?

10 posts in this topic

Sure, there are scientific studies which vaguely confirm this, but I want to here from people who have actually had mystical experiences.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

it increases 'g-factor' yes

I mean just imagine that your attention is simultaneously diverted in 100 different directions, getting pulled around... it's a bloody miracle that in a chronic state of flight or flight, we even manage life. 

that's what life is like when I don't meditate.

Meditation is a modulative process repeating over and over. It cleans and straightens thoughts when done effectively like brushing tatty hair. Creates space between thoughts and observation of thoughts allowing for elevated perspective. Psychedelics are different flavour entirely though 

shrooms.jpg

EfYiz2AWsAAiPxh.jpg

Considering I was completely crippled by anxiety, depression and existential despair prior to trying meditation, it certainly liberated whatever intelligence was within me. My first mystical experience completely changed my life. It was like I permanently lost a huge chunk of myself, and what remained was a light feather floating down the river of life.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Definitely removes mental blocks which decrease intelligence. Personally out of the box thinking got a major boost. Unfortunately no improvement in mental arithmetic though  

@Husseinisdoingfine I was contemplating this after meditating in a beautiful forest today...and I arrived at this realisation...

meditating temporarily distances yourself from your thoughts and thought patternsis enabling you to disengage from the "locked in" nature of thought patterns and re-engage with a situation, thought or life with new perspectives, avenues and possibilities. Meditating is like putting a manual car into neutral, it allows you to change gears up or down to reach new speeds...which is why we can think 1000 times faster and more effectively than regular people. Everyone else is just pressing the accelerator and burning/maxing themeselves out where we are operating from elevated levels of performance (which is literally what gears do in cars).

Or I suppose you could say that meditating is like stilling a vast pond, so to enable yourself to see through the surface of the water 20220611_152818.jpg

my question is, does god speak in any other way?

just a rhetorical question