Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

How worrisome is the growing right-wing propaganda for the younger generations?

6 posts in this topic

I get that younger people tend to be more liberal than older people and that history in the grand scheme of things has shown that societies become more liberal over time in the long-term.

However, right-wing propaganda is usually more emotionally appealing to the average folk than is centrist and left-wing propaganda and given that the sociopolitical opinions from the right-wing media and right wing echo chambers have been continuing to grow a lot around the world lately even in many 1st world countries, is it very concerning that this will cause the younger generations of people, especially the younger conservatives to become as far to the right if not even more so than those from older generations? 

It's bad.

Notice how incels gravitate towards right wing/conservative and how incel speak is merging with right wing language.  "woke", "virtue signaling", "cope", "blackpill", "Alpha/Beta", etc - when you see this words used unironically, they're more likely than not be that very same group of people.

It's getting worse since the algorithm is loving the money bags it's producing from all the divisiveness  

18 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

It's bad.

Notice how incels gravitate towards right wing/conservative and how incel speak is merging with right wing language.  "woke", "virtue signaling", "cope", "blackpill", "Alpha/Beta", etc - when you see this words used unironically, they're more likely than not be that very same group of people.

It's getting worse since the algorithm is loving the money bags it's producing from all the divisiveness  

Then why are people like Leo optimistic that the masses of societies will continue to be influenced to become more liberal in the long-term? 

Edited by Hardkill

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Then why are people like Leo optimistic that the masses of societies will continue to be influenced to become more liberal in the long-term?

Well, I'm the same in opinion of optimism that society will continue to be influenced by more liberal ideas (which is why we are here where we are in the first place) but what I'm saying is that this is a temporary new thing that we have to grapple with.

Trump getting into the White House was an unprecedented thing that threw a wrench into everything.  It was a huge L.

5 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Well, I'm the same in opinion of optimism that society will continue to be influenced by more liberal ideas (which is why we are here where we are in the first place) but what I'm saying is that this is a temporary new thing that we have to grapple with.

Trump getting into the White House was an unprecedented thing that threw a wrench into everything.  It was a huge L.

Yeah, I know Leo says that it’s because devilry is always more associated with right-wing ideologies than with left-wing ideologies and that in the end devilry always loses, but how will enough of the younger laymen, especially young conservatives be convinced to no to be brainwashed by the proliferating toxicity of the rapid spread of the ideology, memes, echo chambers, and more appealing brands of the right wing?

Yea it's really bad. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.