bmcnicho

How to Convince my Friend Not to Try Salvia

7 posts in this topic

I explained that it had a high probability of being horrifying and that it didn’t have the same positive effects as other psychedelics.  I also said that people have been severely traumatized by it.  Trip reports that terrify me, instead are intriguing to them, so I’m worried that showing them more would be counterproductive

It’s possible that a low dose in the right conditions could be a positive experience, but almost everyone on this forum says it’s dangerous.

So what are the most compelling reasons not to take salvia?

Ego will be humbled either way.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Interestingly salvia was the first psychedelic I tried when it was still legal over a decade ago. We tried the second strongest one the smoke shop by my house sold. 

I was extremely excited to try it. Hit it out of a large ice bong.

I was taken somewhere else. Very dissociative. But we all had a good time. iirc, I took it on two separate occasions 

That’s why I’m very surprised when I hear all these concerns. Maybe my ignorance, excitement of youth made for smoother sailing.

before all the trauma of young adulthood

Edited by PenguinPablo

My experience with salvia was very positive, and it showed me a window into sensations I’ve not found through any other technique or substance. 

It is not a horror trip for everyone. It is radically different than normal experience and quite different from many psychedelics. Some people find value in this. Others find large resistance to it. 

I wouldn’t be so quick to push someone away from something they are drawn to. 

What did the stage orange scientist call the stage blue fundamentalist for claiming YHWH intentionally caused Noah’s great flood?

Delugional. 

If you cant talk them out of it, maybe you can at least talk them down to starting with a weaker extract.

1x, 2x, up to 5x extract is going to be a lot less traumatic than if they jump right into 10x, 50x, 100x.

Salvia is an experience. makes you see how weird reality can get. it is something indescribable. show him this video to see if after watching it he still wants. That guy seems having a bad time  https://youtu.be/cG1Ir51PnQM 

Anyway, could be traumatic but same time is liberating. Salvia was my first strong trip, and made me to want more psychedelia 

Edited by Breakingthewall

How much does your friend know about Salvia? You should encourage them to study the subject as much as they can. Reading trip reports, listening to relevant individuals like Terrence Mckenna, etc. Hell, just reading Salvia trip reports is like a trip in and of itself. Oh and you might want to stop with the fear-mongering, it could just embolden him if he's one of those hardcore recreational drug users. Furthermore, you might want to consider the possibility that doing Salvia may actually be a good idea. But probably not the way most people do it as obviously that tends to produce a tenebrous and phantasmagorical experience which seems to have little to no value or practical utility.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.