Adodd

Building biceps with zero equipment

10 posts in this topic

Thoughts? Actually seems to make sense.

A very short summary is that you can just tense your biceps for 10 seconds at a time a few times throughout the day and that this enough to gain larger biceps.

Full article below:

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a39583445/grow-bigger-biceps-advice-jeff-cavaliere-athlean-x/?utm_campaign=socialflowFBMH&utm_medium=social-media&utm_source=facebook

Edited by Adodd

@Adodd yeah...a litlle bit

just do heavy curls and your biceps will grow faster and bigger

@Adodd

21 hours ago, Adodd said:

Thoughts? Actually seems to make sense.

A very short summary is that you can just tense your biceps for 10 seconds at a time a few times throughout the day and that this enough to gain larger biceps.

Full article below:

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a39583445/grow-bigger-biceps-advice-jeff-cavaliere-athlean-x/?utm_campaign=socialflowFBMH&utm_medium=social-media&utm_source=facebook

If your intent is increasing muscle size, for any muscle group, while exercising, you need to do eccentric loading, basically go 4-8 seconds slower on the expansion/stretch portion of the exercise movement, in this case the descent of your bicep curls, with 2-4 second pauses on the top and bottom of the exercise to ensure good muscle mind connection development. You could also do the whole exercise slow, as that slightly increases metabolic stress in those muscles, but it's the eccentric movement that causes the most micro tears in the muscle. Check out Athleanx on youtube as he has good types of exercises that target each muscle group, in this case working either the short head or long head of the biceps, and various methods of getting the muscles to work harder, for only exercising specifically, and check out Bioengineer as well. Both good fitness channels.

I'd suggest doing isometrics, just a few sets, to further tire the muscle, because in reality the nervous system and synapsis support and help a muscle more of the time, so if you did a few isometrics, you tire that part of the synapsis , so when you do the exercise that involves dynamic movement you will target that muscle group much more. Do flexing, Pre workout and stretches, and post workout and stretches as well, because you will more likely to have more soreness if you are focused on size. Also do lower intensity and low to moderate volume of exercise on your break days, to promote blood flow to the muscle that needs it, another old school body building technique.

Biceps is nothing. It's all about deadlifts :) 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Adodd That's cool man but I can get a $10 a month gym membership and get there way faster.

Could be something good to do outside the gym to strengthen mind-muscle connection.

MORE IMPORTANTLY!

Get some proper creatine and dat Der cell-tech

Edited by PenguinPablo

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

12:15 damn, I'd love to try lifting in that sort of environment :D:D 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

22 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

50% strength boost ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

10 hours ago, Michael569 said:

You might die from a testosterone overdose in that environment ?

@Adodd    This is more where my aim is, to have this kind of physique while being super strong: