SQAAD

How Can I Be At Peace When God Contains These Possibilities

30 posts in this topic

How can you be psychologically at peace and with ease when brutal and sadistic possibilities like this one and many more similar are contained in the mind of God? 

This just makes my life much more difficult. Sometimes I wish I was just a materialist atheist, like I was 5 years ago. It would be much more easier on me psychologically and existentially.. 

Sometimes I get really really angry at God... 

If sh! t like this wouldn't exist, my life would be much easier. 

Edited by SQAAD

For fucks sake man.

You keep complaining about evil and torture, but you also keep watching these videos and fueling your fear and discomfort.

It's like you really hate ice cream and you feel terrible when you eat it, but you keep going out and looking for an ice cream machine, then you find what you were looking for, then you buy it, then you eat it, then you feel terrible, then you complain, then the next day you repeat the same thing again.

You don't need to keep exposing yourself to what makes you feel terrible in the hopes that you'll one day conquer it. You're only perpetuating your fear and suffering when you choose to focus on them because whatever you give your attention to, becomes your reality.

By giving attention to what makes you feel good, you will be creating reality A. By giving your attention to what makes you feel bad, you'll be creating reality B. The point is, what you focus on, is what you will see more and more. So why keep focusing on what makes you feel bad? This is madness.

Be careful with what you put in your consciousness... Stop watching these videos.

@Vibes

29 minutes ago, Vibes said:

It's like you really hate ice cream and you feel terrible when you eat it, but you keep going out and looking for an ice cream machine, then you find what you were looking for, then you buy it, then you eat it, then you feel terrible, then you complain, then the next day you repeat the same thing again.

You don't need to keep exposing yourself to what makes you feel terrible in the hopes that you'll one day conquer it. You're only perpetuating your fear and suffering when you choose to focus on them because whatever you give your attention to, becomes your reality.

By giving attention to what makes you feel good, you will be creating reality A. By giving your attention to what makes you feel bad, you'll be creating reality B. The point is, what you focus on, is what you will see more and more. So why keep focusing on what makes you feel bad? This is madness.

Be careful with what you put in your consciousness... Stop watching these videos.

Thanks for the advice man. I agree with you on some level. 

Yes I keep repeating the same 'mistake' because .. I have this strong attraction to violence.. I can't explain it. I think it's curiosity of what will I have to endure as God.. 

I don't watch gnarly content most of the time but I keep coming back to it and then I always regret it. Mostly I regret it because of fear. Fear of unraveling my mind. Also I fear viewing reality as a dystopian place.. 

It's a cycle. Today I saw a on news a video of Ukrainians torturing Russia soldiers. It triggered me to watch other gnarly content. 

I will attempt to stop watching these type of content. But it's difficult because I am also into serial killers, drug lords, etc. You don't escape the brutality. It's everywhere.. 

Edited by SQAAD

@Michael Jackson

29 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

Don't you sometimes enjoy a good horror-movie?

Yes but I don't enjoy agonizing excruciating pain. That's what I fear the most. 

Edited by SQAAD

Always imagine yourself in the driver seat of the universe. If you erase the possibility of suffering and fear, peace would not be any good. Only because suffering and fear appear to be real, peace can be felt as something good. This is just two sides of the same coin. 

You don't want a boring universe, you want a REAL universe. Here you go!

@Barna

34 minutes ago, Barna said:

This might help 

'Things are Fine just the way they are. Yet still things are a Nightmare' 

I love this paradox :-) 

15 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Michael Jackson

Yes but I don't enjoy agonizing excruciating pain. That's what I fear the most. 

Same herexD

Edited by Michael Jackson

@Michael Jackson

4 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

Same herexD

I think all fears boil down to fear of mental and physical pain. 

Why would someone ever fear death or anything else if it wouldn't cause any pain? 

20 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Barna

'Things are Fine just the way they are. Yet still things are a Nightmare' 

I love this paradox :-) 

Me too :) 

9 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Michael Jackson

Why would someone ever fear death or anything else if it wouldn't cause any pain? 

It's not just about pain, it's also about intensity and duration. For example, people are also afraid of peace. There's a kind of peace that has such a high intensity and such a long duration that people call it death.

27 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Michael Jackson

Your fear of pain is linked to death. Remember pain only exists to warn you that something is wrong. For example if you have an injury or are sick. Injuries and sickness can kill us and that is why we experience pain. If you knew nothing could kill your physical body...pain would just be an annoyance and you would walk around with pain killers and munch on them like skittles. But since you know pain is a warning of demise, even if you took a painkiller you are still worried about "what is wrong with you." That worry...IS THE FEAR OF DEATH!!!

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

53 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Vibes

Thanks for the advice man. I agree with you on some level. 

Yes I keep repeating the same 'mistake' because .. I have this strong attraction to violence.. I can't explain it. I think it's curiosity of what will I have to endure as God.. 

I don't watch gnarly content most of the time but I keep coming back to it and then I always regret it. Mostly I regret it because of fear. Fear of unraveling my mind. Also I fear viewing reality as a dystopian place.. 

It's a cycle. Today I saw a on news a video of Ukrainians torturing Russia soldiers. It triggered me to watch other gnarly content. 

I will attempt to stop watching these type of content. But it's difficult because I am also into serial killers, drug lords, etc. You don't escape the brutality. It's everywhere.. 

I will give you a simple rule to understand....we are only attracted by what we desire. You desire to watch violence. Maybe because it interests you, maybe you are curious. The problem is you have been taught morality and so you are struggling with this desire and you think its bad.

Its not bad by the way......ANYWAY until you are able to ACCEPT that VIOLENCE INTERESTS YOU, you will continue to live in denial. Part of the life's purpose is to learn to accept ALL of reality even the things you have been taught are wrong or evil. EVIL DOES NOT EXIST!!! Until you can truly see this...you will struggle with yourself and reality.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

Sometimes I get really really angry at God... 

If sh! t like this wouldn't exist, my life would be much easier

Strange really why someone would get angry at God/infinity. I mean it’s infinite, it’s not like it’s a choice to be infinite, it just exists and that’s what it is. Infinity contains all of anything and everything that can exist. So if what your doing is exploring your own infinite nature, then you are going to come across these things, from every possible perspective. Count yourself fortunate that your current perspective has you watching from an outside point of view rather than being in the firing line. You can only really get angry at God if you don’t know what God is. If you find yourself angry at God, then the God your angry with is a fantasy in your own mind, a delusional idea of God, something separate from yourself, man in the clouds or something like that. Maybe not man in the clouds, but your idea of God, whatever that is, will be incorrect 

@Barna

1 hour ago, Barna said:

It's not just about pain, it's also about intensity and duration. For example, people are also afraid of peace. There's a kind of peace that has such a high intensity and such a long duration that people call it death.

How can I get some of that Peace you are talking about? That's what I want the most. I am not afraid of peace at all (I think). 

That's why deep dreamless sleep is the best thing in the entire universe from my perspective. 

I love pure nothingness. This is Nirvana I guess. And Samsara is all the sh!t we have to go through. Survival is a type of hell even if you are a billionaire.

Edited by SQAAD

@Razard86

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Your fear of pain is linked to death. Remember pain only exists to warn you that something is wrong. For example if you have an injury or are sick. Injuries and sickness can kill us and that is why we experience pain. If you knew nothing could kill your physical body...pain would just be an annoyance and you would walk around with pain killers and munch on them like skittles. But since you know pain is a warning of demise, even if you took a painkiller you are still worried about "what is wrong with you." That worry...IS THE FEAR OF DEATH!!!

Even if you take painkillers, you fear some future pain. Your mind knows this painkiller ain't gonna last for long. 

Essentially Why Would you fear Death? Personally, the only reason I fear death is because I don't know what's next. I don't know if I will be reborn as a starving kid in Africa or as a worm. 

I don't care about losing this life. I just care to be at a state of wellbeing. I would be cool to be reborn as Ramana Maharshi every day of the week. 

If the possibility of all future pain and suffering was extinguished I would have zero fear of death. There would be literally nothing to fear anymore. 

The only reason you fear the unknown is because you are scared of experiencing something terrible. 

So ultimately I think we do not fear death the most. It's what behind death, the future scenarios that we are terrified of. 

Edited by SQAAD

@Dazgwny

56 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

Strange really why someone would get angry at God/infinity. I mean it’s infinite, it’s not like it’s a choice to be infinite, it just exists and that’s what it is. Infinity contains all of anything and everything that can exist. So if what your doing is exploring your own infinite nature, then you are going to come across these things, from every possible perspective. Count yourself fortunate that your current perspective has you watching from an outside point of view rather than being in the firing line. You can only really get angry at God if you don’t know what God is. If you find yourself angry at God, then the God your angry with is a fantasy in your own mind, a delusional idea of God, something separate from yourself, man in the clouds or something like that. Maybe not man in the clouds, but your idea of God, whatever that is, will be incorrect 

So you are saying God had no choice in this?  

If you were abducted, raped and tortured you would definitely be mad at God too. 

You would ask God why all this senseless cruelty. 

And no I don't consider myself lucky when I know that I am everyone. Its not like I can escape God. Noone is lucky or unlucky in the ultimate sense. If you are rich you are also every poor person. If you are healthy, you are also every sick person. 

Edited by SQAAD

9 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Razard86

Even if you take painkillers, you fear some future pain. Your mind knows this painkiller ain't gonna last for long. 

Essentially Why Would you fear Death? Personally, the only reason I fear death is because I don't know what's next. I don't know if I will be reborn as a starving kid in Africa or as a worm. 

I don't care about losing this life. I just care to be at a state of wellbeing. I would be cool to be reborn as Ramana Maharshi every day of the week. 

If the possibility of all future pain and suffering was extinguished I would have zero fear of death. There would be literally nothing to fear anymore. 

The only reason you fear the unknown is because you are scared of experiencing something terrible. 

So ultimately I think we do not fear death the most. It's what behind death, the future scenarios that we are terrified of. 

My friend....you are playing word games. Death IS THE UNKNOWN. You literally just said it in your response. You said: "Essentially Why Would you fear Death? Personally, the only reason I fear death is because I don't know what's next."

Exactly and that is why you fear death. You will not understand this until your existence is TRULY in peril. Pain is just the appetizer facing your demise is the MAIN COURSE.

@SQAAD  today the materialistic society, and also modern spirituality, tell us: human life is to enjoy. it is a Disney amusement park made to be enjoyed. This is not so, life is a mission. if it were for fun whoever designed it deserves to be fired. think of the myth of christ: through maximum suffering and humiliation the human redeems himself and is one with god. the human being is separated, he is a suffering being. everyone suffers, life is suffering. who believes that it is not that he is not honest with himself. The only way to stop suffering is God and this is not within reach, it is a very very difficult mission. Native Americans went to torture happy, as they had the chance to show the great spirit what they were made of, his detachment, for which they were educated as children, unlike us, educated for attachment. You don't need to watch videos of torture, go to a hospital to see elderly people alone dying of cancer in agony that lasts a year, without being able to communicate, bordering on madness. this is human life, which we wanted to turn into pleasure since the ego does not want to suffer. but suffering exists. Exist for what? To show us the path of detachment imo. Without attachment there is not suffering . Or maybe because the human with his suffering can deepen in love 

Edited by Breakingthewall

53 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

If you were abducted, raped and tortured you would definitely be mad at God too. 

You would ask God why all this senseless cruelty

No. This is wrong. I would not like the experience of this, correct. I’d be stricken with pain and fear too. Yet at the same time I’ve previously become conscious of God/infinity to understand that this type of thing is part and parcel of it all so I would not have to ask God anything of the sort when I’ve become conscious of why these thing are and why they have to be possible. There also would be no God to ask in that manner anyway as that suggests there is something outside or beyond to ask. Mad at being in the situation very possibly, very likely, but mad at God because it’s a possibility, no