mo_v

Psychedelics are glorified drugs. Change my mind

8 posts in this topic

Imo psychedelics aren’t any different than drugs like heroin or cocaine. They both increase neurotransmitters and give you a high and people are addicts to them. The only difference being that psychedelic user try to make an excuse saying they are on a “spiritual journey”.

@mo_v

Good tasting food increases dopamine levels like amphetamine. The only difference is that people say that eating good tasting food is awesome experience that you can have once in a while. So they are not any different; change my mind. As you can see everything can be phrased like you just did, but it isn't valid argument to prove anything. First of all psychedelics help you have mystical experiences like no-self, god realization, infinite space etc. which "other drugs" don't do at least on the same level. I haven't personally tried them, but the difference for me is like between day and night.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@mo_v

12 minutes ago, mo_v said:

Imo psychedelics aren’t any different than drugs like heroin or cocaine. They both increase neurotransmitters and give you a high and people are addicts to them. The only difference being that psychedelic user try to make an excuse saying they are on a “spiritual journey”.

The major difference between hard drugs and natural psychedelics, is that hard drugs like cocaine and heroin do have a chemical basis for the addiction, but natural psychedelics lacks this chemical basis. Both psychedelics and hard drugs do involve psychological basis of addiction, but with psychedelics it's much harder to retake, there's much more willpower to actually retake versus not taking the psychedelic.

I’d rather be close friends with a homeless crack addict before I went anywhere near Leo or any of his acid head friends /s :P

You can do better. The comparison isn’t close bro.

There is little evidence that many psychedelics (LSD) have anything similar in neurotoxicity, addiction, and overall potential to destroy you life like something like meth can do.

not saying don’t be cautious. Absolutely be cautious with psychedelics but I think it’s a different conversation 

Edited by PenguinPablo

@mo_v

+ forgot to say, but actually psychedelics use have very little potentiality to become addiction. The probablity is basically zero, if we don't take consideration that people could use them to escape their life, but actually you could do that with great music playlist or netflix serie, so I wouldn't take that as valid argument neither. Almost everyone who has tried psychedelics have claimed to them helping them with their meditation practises and life problems. I would suggest you to try them, if you think you are ready and then come to talk again. 

I drop 2 videos you could watch, if you are interested in understanding psychedelics.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@mo_v there are no drugs. Neurotransmitters do not exist. You are creating a story called life.

To realize this you don't need psychedelics. But you imagine you need them in order to be able to delude yourself back into being a human being.

Psychedelics are magic. In fact, they are your own magic. An imaginary requirement that  you created for yourself, in order to access your own magic. Because you are God. And as God, you love being a human being. Here you are baby<3.

Edited by Michael Jackson

@mo_v Maybe a less arrogant approach next time if you want to understand a topic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.