PenguinPablo

How do I know that solipsism doesn't just = losing touch with reality?

56 posts in this topic

Intellectual conclusions are not awakening.

Awakening is absolute. If you doubt it, you aren't awake.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@PenguinPablo

On 3/28/2022 at 4:44 AM, PenguinPablo said:

I've dealt with a lot of loneliness throughout my life. A lot of insecurity. It's liberating to know I've been the only one there the entire time... instead of getting caught in this endless loop of trying to get other people to love me. 

It's good to know that I can enjoy the dream for what it is. Instead of being disappointed by it.

How could I be lonely... It's a mental projection isn't it? To be surrounded by others.

I think I had reached a similar conclusion through dependent origination and Buddhism but this idea makes things even more radical conceptually. Everything within the dream is still part of the dream. 

That's good, enjoy the dream. As long as you interpret it positively, it's good.

Although things do get murky when we also include spirituality, non duality, awakening and other esoteric names or things similar to spirituality in the mix with Solipsism or Nihilism, the first thing is to positively interpret a concept.

Spirituality, non-duality, awakening, esoteric names, are a whole different can of worms to discuss alongside Solipsism.

Edited by Danioover9000

On 28/03/2022 at 0:44 AM, PenguinPablo said:

I've dealt with a lot of loneliness throughout my life. A lot of insecurity. It's liberating to know I've been the only one there the entire time...

Careful to not fall into the trap of using solipsism to bypass your loneliness. It will not work (especially in the long run).

Bonding with others is a need.

Edited by kag101

one day this will all be memories

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Intellectual conclusions are not awakening.

Awakening is absolute. If you doubt it, you aren't awake.

This is where I disagree with you Leo. Awakening is just a identity shifting until you get to no identity or infinity. What I have realized is the path to awakening itself is infinite. There is no ONE path. So yeah you can pretty much awaken through self-inquiry if it is rigorous enough. All awakening is seeing what is there and not projection. Emptying of the impressions that you have gathered until you return to source. Its just the psychedelics are a faster choice. Its like would you rather walk to your destination or are you going to fly there?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86

15 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

This is where I disagree with you Leo. Awakening is just a identity shifting until you get to no identity or infinity. What I have realized is the path to awakening itself is infinite. There is no ONE path. So yeah you can pretty much awaken through self-inquiry if it is rigorous enough. All awakening is seeing what is there and not projection. Emptying of the impressions that you have gathered until you return to source. Its just the psychedelics are a faster choice. Its like would you rather walk to your destination or are you going to fly there?

The main issue is we're assuming the OP is talking about Solipsism the awakening, and not about a healthier attitude to Solipsism the identity. We've all made the safe assumption the OP is referring to the Solipsism video, but  not as a concept. The OP could be talking about how to have a healthier outlook as a person identified as a Solipsist, the same as a person asking how to have a better outlook as a Nihilist, and not something very advanced first. If the later is true, then Leo Gura, you and most users here talking about spirituality to him are feeding him the wrong answers, when it should be a more basic answer.

It's the problem with trying to reach the sun, when we haven't reached the moon yet. Understanding, contemplation, mindfulness and focusing, subconscious training like affirmations and visualizations, comprehension with many degrees, and healthier and more positive interpretations of concepts and constructs is a much more manageable and closer goal, than hard core spirituality and multiple psychedelic trips for most normies, novices and normal people.

Edited by Danioover9000

@kag101

1 hour ago, kag101 said:

Careful to not fall into the trap of using solipsism to bypass your loneliness. It will not work (especially in the long run).

Bonding with others is a need.

This is also good to point out, that no matter how introverted you are, you still have some need to bond at some degree, because humans are social creatures in nature.

However, re-framing that concept and construct to a healthier and positive one is possible too.

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

because humans are social creatures in nature.

exactly. some people think it's possible to completely transcend their humanity. good luck with that lol

one day this will all be memories

7 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Irrelevant to what I said.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Irrelevant to what I said.

Oh ok then disregard my comment. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Oh ok then disregard my comment. 

Separate fight.   And yes you can definitely awaken via self inquiry.  That was my path.  Most are not genetically wired for that though and thus they need gear.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 hours ago, kag101 said:

exactly. some people think it's possible to completely transcend their humanity. good luck with that lol

Well it is....some people take a vow of solitude. Its just not a feasible ask for majority of people.

@Leo Gura @Inliytened1

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Separate fight.   And yes you can definitely awaken via self inquiry.  That was my path.  Most are not genetically wired for that though and thus they need gear.

Very much the case for me. the idea that psychedelics are an excuse to realize things makes sense and, the distinction between everyday experience and the spiritual side of things is blurred. 

still struggle with things. But for sure inquiry and practice have been my main staples. 

on marijuana I found out I was the universe experiencing itself. I typed the realization on google and Bingo!!! — people been saying that apparently. Been able to re-access, open it wider so to speak through inquiry intermittently, and by explaining to other people. Always mindfucking to do so

anxiety, stress and so on pulls me back towards separation obviously

Edited by PenguinPablo

36 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:

@Leo Gura @Inliytened1

Very much the case for me. the idea that psychedelics are an excuse to realize things makes sense and, the distinction between everyday experience and the spiritual side of things is blurred. 

still struggle with things. But for sure inquiry and practice have been my main staples. 

on marijuana I found out I was the universe experiencing itself. I typed the realization on google and Bingo!!! — people been saying that apparently. Been able to re-access, open it wider so to speak through inquiry intermittently, and by explaining to other people. Always mindfucking to do so

anxiety, stress and so on pulls me back wards separation obviously

Love u Penguin ?

It's all a blurr..  fuck psychedelics bro.  Just live your life. You will awaken when its time.  Chasing it won't do and you discovered that for yourself.  

Just live.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Love u Penguin ?

It's all a blurr..  fuck psychedelics bro.  Just live your life. You will awaken when its time.  Chasing it won't do and you discovered that for yourself.  

Just live.

Psychedelics are a normal part of life just like self-inquiry is. There is nothing wrong with taking them.

You will awaken when it's time, that's true. But when time has come, it won't matter what excuse God uses for its awakening. It could be psychedelics, it could be self-inquiry. Both are imaginary and in reality, have nothing to do with Gods awakening:)

Edited by Michael Jackson

1 minute ago, Michael Jackson said:

Psychedelics are a normal part of life just like self-inquiry is. There is nothing wrong with taking them.

You will awaken when it's time, that's true. But when time has come, it won't matter what excuse God uses for its awakening. It could be psychedelics, it could be self-inquiry. Both have nothing to do with Gods awakening:)

That's absolutely correct.  Your one of the only awakened beings on here besides me.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

23 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's absolutely correct.  Your one of the only awakened beings on here besides me.

Thx for satisfying my ego:P

11 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Haha come on bro! ? There are no awake beings. God asleep = awake. God is always woke. God is omniscient at all times. 

1 hour ago, Godishere said:

Haha come on bro! ? There are no awake beings. God asleep = awake. God is always woke. God is omniscient at all times. 

Haha.

Oneness.  I know - but let's be honest.  You don't wanna admit your God.   You've awoken but your ego shut the whole thing down.  So it could exist.  And so there could be others.  Don't feel bad mine does the same thing.  

Otherwise you will be Singular.

And God doesn't want to turn in on itself and look at its own Infinity.   It's too fucking powerful 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, BenG said:

@Inliytened1

This is fascinating to me.

What psychedelics have you done? And have you actually been able to access similar states through meditative techniques such as self inquiry? 

Thanks.  The most I've ever done was weed.  Yes woke up in 2 weeks using self inquiry and do nothing meditation.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.