Someone here

Is non-existence better than existence?

11 posts in this topic

Did you ever experienced being fed up with existence?..like you don't want to exist anymore?  Not because of negative experiences but just that existence itself is tiresome?

I think back to the time before I was born and it was paradise. Existing in pure formlessness is all you could ever want .that's why the objective of Buddhism is to get rid of the cycle of birth and death and cease to exist and enter nirvana which is basically another word for nothingness. 

Can anyone relate? 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

I really like falling asleep knowing I will disappear for a while. It is one of my goals for future to learn to keep my awareness awake while in deep sleep to feel that better.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

42 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Did you ever experienced being fed up with existence?..like you don't want to exist anymore?  Not because of negative experiences but just that existence itself is tiresome?

Yes, at my lowest moments, I have thought similar things. Like, I didn't sign up for this. Where's the terms and agreements? I don't remember giving my signature. Let me sue God. God needs to give me infinite love as compensation in the court order.

18 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

I really like falling asleep knowing I will disappear for a while. It is one of my goals for future to learn to keep my awareness awake while in deep sleep to feel that better.

It is pretty great. Your only job there is to just relax and fall away into "nothingness". 

48 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Existing in pure formlessness is all you could ever want

I've been there for a few seconds by accident, after I was waking up from my sleep. It's called "turiya" or "pure consciousness" in spiritual circles. It is a very insightful state of consciousness to reach but it is seemingly hard to get there. You can enter some weird states of consciousness through sleep.

51 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Buddhism is to get rid of the cycle of birth and death

Maybe this is achieved by realizing birth and death don't exist outside of imagination.

52 minutes ago, Someone here said:

cease to exist

Not possible to cease existing, but, you can experience absolute nothingness while existing. It's a paradox to the finite mind, but actually possible. You can experience the absence of all sensations and qualia, which is the state I referred to before, called turiya or pure nothingness. Consciousness doesn't need any experience or sensation inside it to exist, it is literally nothingness with the capacity to somehow exist.

Describe a thought.

Nibbana is not necessarily another word for nothingness in Buddhism. The 7th jhana is typically called nothingness, but cessation and nirodha samapatti (the cessation of perception and feeling) are seen as being synonymous with Nibbana in the view of some Buddhists. “In” those forms of Nibbana, there is no experience at all whereas the 7th jhana is experienced. 

Non-experience is most certainly not worse than experience. Suffering is literally impossible “in” non-experience. 

What did the stage orange scientist call the stage blue fundamentalist for claiming YHWH intentionally caused Noah’s great flood?

Delugional. 

You already don't exist. Existence is only real when you believe in it. It is equal to dreaming, the dream is only considered real when you are not conscious it is a dream. But yea, it is rather hard not to "fall for" the illusion of reality. It is brilliant and convincing, but really there is nothing there. Appearances and the meaning we assign to them are magic.

When ego doesn't get what it wants, it can develop a disposition of being fed up with "existence".

(Is non-existence better than existence?) OP?

Duality doesn’t have a better side. Both are needed for either to exist. You are the temple that projects what it wants.

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

You already don't exist :D Just like with me.

If you want to experience not existing, you are already doing it. If you want to experience no experience then I am not sure how that would work. 

Edited by Jordan

23 hours ago, Someone here said:

Yes, I sometimes get that feeling and long for eternal rest but other times I experience a great fear of believing that I'm going to die and then I resist. Oh the irony. ?

15 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yes, I sometimes get that feeling and long for eternal rest but other times I experience a great fear of believing that I'm going to die and then I resist. Oh the irony. ?

I know exactly what you are talking about. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

lmao you already tried that and now you're here, The fact that you're here answers your question.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Short answer: No

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooo