ZenAlex

Alpha vs Beta vs Sigma males - All bullshit?

71 posts in this topic

@OceanRiver @DnoReally

21 hours ago, DnoReally said:

Status hierarchies are undeniable facts, arguing against their existence is obvious cope. Alpha/Beta/...Theta/Sigma whatever are cringe labels pointing to a reality that is immediately obvious to anyone who spends some time at a night club or any type of social gathering and away from the PC screen.
People who deny it are giga-coping, discord-inhabiting 'betas' or people who can emotionally afford to be blind due to their own high status.

I never said status hierarchies didn't exist. I'm saying the whole Alpha, Beta, Sigma thing and people trying to assign their worth to a category like this is kind of stupid, especially if you're thinking about it regularly, and actually put an excessive level of thought into which label applies to you.

It's also kind of sad, because there are plenty of people who have climbed the top of the social hierarchies and "got everything" and still been depressed and miserable people.

People think that if you climb that hierarchy that "you've won", but in reality you haven't really won anything because the only winning in life is being satisfied and fulfilled with it, and you don't need high status for that shit. 

People place value on stupid things. Status have survival value, and that's why people obsess about it, but it doesn't make you happy at all. 

@ZenAlex  Sure, what makes a human happy is certainly more complex than just sitting at the top of a niche hierarchy. Status 'just' having survival value seems like a weird things to say. Striving for and achieving status is a major factor in emotional well being. Theres no worse feeling that being socially isolated or outcast.

I also agree that obsessing over that whole stuff isn't doing anyone any good.

To me it just seemed that you were questioning the underlying fact of the matter. The title and some things you said certainly suggest so.

there is only one true alpha: one who is completely independent, indifferent to the opinions of others, completely integral, rooted in the present, and one with the whole. the others are all beta

@Breakingthewall By this logic there is only one true thing of everything, only one true man, only one true form of water, only one true guru, only one true thought, only one true planet. (not one in quantity, but one subset of a set)

Everything can be essentialized, not Alpha more than animal.

Alpha is better considered for this reason alone, as itself something less and more, something on a scale.

By your logic there is also only one beta, and everything else is alpha.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

3 hours ago, Reciprocality said:

@Breakingthewall By this logic there is only one true thing of everything, only one true man, only one true form of water, only one true guru, only one true thought, only one true planet. (not one in quantity, but one subset of a set)

Everything can be essentialized, not Alpha more than animal.

Alpha is better considered for this reason alone, as itself something less and more, something on a scale.

By your logic there is also only one beta, and everything else is alpha.

Well, was one way of putting it. to express that the typical alpha man apparently sure of himself and leader is deep down a slave of his self-image, of his results, of what others say. and by definition, slave is not alpha,  so for me it is beta. but of course there are many points of view about what is alpha and beta

Expanding on my earlier point about typologies, this can be seen literally everywhere in the human language. For body types, you have ectomorph/mesomorph/endomorph. For personality, you have introvert/extrovert. For dominance, you have alpha/beta/etc. These things are largely polygenetic (unlike say brown/blue eyes and male/female), and it's therefore more accurate to say that they fall on a spectrum. All these words are just tools to ease communication.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

30 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Expanding on my earlier point about typologies, this can be seen literally everywhere in the human language. For body types, you have ectomorph/mesomorph/endomorph. For personality, you have introvert/extrovert. For dominance, you have alpha/beta/etc. These things are largely polygenetic (unlike say brown/blue eyes and male/female), and it's therefore more accurate to say that they fall on a spectrum. All these words are just tools to ease communication.

Yeah but the issue is, men go online and convince themselves they are “alpha” because they saw a list of attributes online that was made up by some random idiot who probably thinks they themselves are ALFA and they have no science degree lol

they attach themselves to these words and live their life thinking about if they’re doing alpha stuff or if other people are “beta” around them and so forth 

it’s actually pretty funny because ironically, attaching and believing these words as truth, is the most “beta” thing ever within that paradigm lmao

@hoodrow trillson

59 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Yeah but the issue is, men go online and convince themselves they are “alpha” because they saw a list of attributes online that was made up by some random idiot who probably thinks they themselves are ALFA and they have no science degree lol

they attach themselves to these words and live their life thinking about if they’re doing alpha stuff or if other people are “beta” around them and so forth 

it’s actually pretty funny because ironically, attaching and believing these words as truth, is the most “beta” thing ever within that paradigm lmao

Again, because language creates your reality, from one person's pov. These terms likely don't hold much meanings to you, but to them it's important atm.

More importantly, you are self aware enough not to get lost in whatever reality that language creates, so really in practice you shouldn't be caring that much for those identified differently than you.

Attaching and believing are part of survival, so it's not always a laughing matter. On some situations, attachment and belief can be a significant factor in helping you go through whatever you are going through.

1 hour ago, hoodrow trillson said:

This.

A real alfa just doesn't care if he is or isn't.

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@hoodrow trillson

Again, because language creates your reality, from one person's pov. These terms likely don't hold much meanings to you, but to them it's important atm.

More importantly, you are self aware enough not to get lost in whatever reality that language creates, so really in practice you shouldn't be caring that much for those identified differently than you.

Attaching and believing are part of survival, so it's not always a laughing matter. On some situations, attachment and belief can be a significant factor in helping you go through whatever you are going through.

Bro... this topic was specifically posted about these beliefs (alpha, beta, etc) in general, so I decided to discuss the very context of this thread that the OP posted.  I'm not going to "shouldn't be caring that much for this identified differently than you" because that's the very point of this thread.  Are you implying that I shouldn't discuss things here?  C'mon dawg LOL.  

We are surface-level discussing the absurdity of the internet Alpha/Beta/Sigma jargon that has no basis in reality because it doesn't.  Just because it's couched within language doesn't give it validity at all.  Or replacing 'Jock' with 'Alpha' and 'Virgin' with 'Beta' does not give it validity.  That does nothing other than show that it's truly just childish High School bullshit.

The OP also explained how you can have an 'Alpha' guy who checks all of the internet alpha checkboxes but be a complete fucking newb in a different social setting or hobby or whatever.  How would they be an Alpha at a salsa dancing class they've never been to?  The 'beta' guy from another setting could be a deadly dancer and he would be an 'alpha' in that setting.  

See how stupid it all is?

3 hours ago, mojsterr said:

This.

A real alfa just doesn't care if he is or isn't.

It's like owning yourself by believing something to be real from the jump lmao.  It's similar to how we believe we are the "I" in our lives, I suppose.  

@hoodrow trillson

1 hour ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Bro... this topic was specifically posted about these beliefs (alpha, beta, etc) in general, so I decided to discuss the very context of this thread that the OP posted.  I'm not going to "shouldn't be caring that much for this identified differently than you" because that's the very point of this thread.  Are you implying that I shouldn't discuss things here?  C'mon dawg LOL.  

We are surface-level discussing the absurdity of the internet Alpha/Beta/Sigma jargon that has no basis in reality because it doesn't.  Just because it's couched within language doesn't give it validity at all.  Or replacing 'Jock' with 'Alpha' and 'Virgin' with 'Beta' does not give it validity.  That does nothing other than show that it's truly just childish High School bullshit.

The OP also explained how you can have an 'Alpha' guy who checks all of the internet alpha checkboxes but be a complete fucking newb in a different social setting or hobby or whatever.  How would they be an Alpha at a salsa dancing class they've never been to?  The 'beta' guy from another setting could be a deadly dancer and he would be an 'alpha' in that setting.  

See how stupid it all is?

It's like owning yourself by believing something to be real from the jump lmao.  It's similar to how we believe we are the "I" in our lives, I suppose.  

Dude, why so triggered? I wasn't even attacking you, I was saying that reality is created by one's language, which creates a map over actual reality. I wasn't saying to stfu and don't discuss those issues. C'mon, don't you strawman me.

Yes, in this limited communication format, we are discussing this issue at the surface level, but it can go deeper than that, because depending on one's stage, cognitive and moral development, states of consciousness, life experiences and other lines of development, these alpha/beta/sigma/omega/romeo/chads/giggachads, while being typologies, are and can change meanings when contexts change as well. I am not disagreeing on the relativity of alpha, beta, sigma and omega for example. One setting the man/woman is an alpha, but another setting a beta, and in another setting is seen as a sigma, and in another situation an omega. I'm not disputing this point.

And not all beliefs we have, earlier ones, are bad. For survival, you have to own yourself! Otherwise, somebody else will. That's one major reason why we're in this self actualization journey, right? Better self esteem and responsibility? Extreme ownership? Less co-dependency?