ethanb121

Is actualized.org a cult

65 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2022 at 0:25 AM, Cobra said:

I don't know and I don't care. All I know, and all I care about, is that Actualized.org is by far the best resource I have found for such knowledge. I have learned a lot, even if I don't agree with absolutely everything, and even if I don't like Leo as a person that much. I respect him and his work. If someone feels like they're in a cult, I think that they have created this illusion. I don't feel either trapped or pressured into doing anything. It's the way you engage with this content and community. If you have a mind of your own and boundaries, then there's no danger.

It's the best classic website we have at the moment on the Internet, after the awakening section of the old davidicke forum was taken down. That was the ultimate, raw, real deal, old school awakening place to be, back in the day. Yes, I am still nostalgic about it! There might be something to be found down the rabbit hole of Reddit, but that is something else, lacking the structure, the identity, the intimacy, the stability and the leadership of actualized.org <3

We should enjoy, use and appreciate this priceless website and the persons that are keeping it up! Thank you lots @Leo Gura

Edited by iamme

On 18/03/2022 at 7:13 PM, ethanb121 said:

I dont know i think it just might be my ocd but before Leo helped me change my whole life and now im thinking am i ... I have followed alot of his teachings and they have actually changed my life ... Now i have this irrational fear that i might be in a cult .. How do I deal with this... Sorry if this seems alittle bit silly

Hey,

This is just my opinion but I think a good teacher/leader makes you think for yourself so you won't have to follow them for eternity. 

Do you learn from other sources as well? I follow many men including Jordan Peterson whom have had a tremendous positive influence on my life. And I believe if Jordan or Leo somehow disappear from the face of the earth; I will be fine. I learned from them. I do not need them.   Because I can think & learn for myself.  

Leo is only human too. Whatever leader you follow, they're all flawed human beings just like you. None of them are worth believing on their word alone.   But that doesn't mean you cannot learn from them so long as it feels right.

You worry about being caught in a cult, maybe you suffer from insecurity.

Might be a lack of trust and peace of mind within yourself. For me personally it's important to be secure enough in oneself to realize there's no perfect guru or teacher you can depend on forever. The only one you can do this with is yourself. 

If you worry about Actualized being cult that could possibly be detrimental to your health instead of beneficial, I could suggest looking toward other leaders/ sources of information too.

Other than that, Leo's work is the .

Long story short, what worked for me in this case is:

1.Becoming more secure with myself for peace of mind.

2. Trusting myself; not depending on others = finding your own truth.

Take what you can from Leo. Leave the rest 

Most of his work is way to advanced for the majority of the world. (Very much including myself lol) I feel he only really shares what he creates now out of love. Love for the work. Love for the people. 

This is what works for me in order to keep my OCD calm & to not over attach myself to any teacher/leader.

Hope this helps you too 

Much love from the Netherlands ??

It could be called an online spiritual organization.

I know many will immediately be wary of these kinds of organizations. And that's good and necessary. But assuming sites of this nature are cults by default is misguided. 

Is Eckhart Tolle a cult leader? I'd say no.

On 19/03/2022 at 0:29 AM, thisintegrated said:

...If you blindly follow Leo like some donkey then yes, you're making it a cult for yourself.

@thisintegrated haha fuck this cracked me up "like some donkey" haha

On 6/21/2022 at 9:04 PM, JoeVolcano said:

This is true of cults as well.

(Not saying actualized.org is or isn't a cult. All of society is a cult.)

Cheers

Cult-ure. 

xD