Seeker_of_truth

What does the no-self insight mean?

114 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Leo Gura I am consciously full of shit.

Ha! If only you were that advanced.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

49 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

@Salvijus

Yup, i agree. The "stuff" you believe to be yourself can be seen as an object. This is how disidentification happens, right?

Yea. And sorry for my previous tone. Sometimes i get a "forum syndrome" ? 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need. 

I don't know why this seems so tough to understand.

The very individual or sense of self that is trying to have a no self experience IS the illusion itself.

What more needs to be said?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The YOU that wants to experience no self already isn't real.

It's so easy that it's already the case and seems hidden.

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

???❤

@VeganAwake

That's what "I" am saying. And second point is that as long as you have any sense of solidity left you will project that to this which you are experiencing. This is completely same thing that happened with this body and its mind and I don't want this to happen with infinity as well so you better first destroy any sense of solidity and sense of self.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Kksd74628 that's not what vegan is saying. You say sense of self needs to be destroyed. I say say sense of self needs to be seen as not my real self(pure awareness) and trancended. And veganawake is saying it doesn't even exist haha. 

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus

That is what I mean by "destroying" it. It is same as you think about pink table and you need to "destroy" that thought in order to see that it was not real. Basically you need to stop thinking about it and it does stop existing. This is when you realize there was no "I" to begin with.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Kksd74628 would it be fair to say then when "I" disappear it is realized in that moment that it was just a sensation. Therefor it's not my real nature. Is this the same as u speak?

6 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

It's all the same

?

But not quite. What triggers me the most is when people say sense of self is just an illusion. It doesn't exist. It's like unicorn. Just an invented concept that can't be found ever. I take that to be a lie. It's my direct experience everyday that ego is a solid thing that can be made aware of as one advances in conciousness work. This level of awareness is what causes the disidentification from ego and self realization.

Edited by Salvijus

@Judy2 I wish people would chose their words more carefully. What does illusory identity even mean? Seems like a poor choice of words. 

Identification with body-mind is real i would say. It's just not our real nature. So it's a false identity..i think that's a better choice of words.

Edited by Salvijus

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not yet, but its coming 

The reason I call it a recognition is because it's not like a disidentification or denial.

It's sort of like hearing that santa claus isn't real when your young and then actully seeing your parents putting the presents under the christmas tree....the fantasy is OVER and it's simultaneously realized it was never real from the start.

When it's clearly recognized that the You/ego/sense of self (whatever you want to call it) isn't real.....the belief in it starts falling away pretty quick and simultaneously it's obvious that it was never real from the start....it was an illusion of self.

If it's like anything, I would describe it as a web or bundle of memories, thoughts, ideas, beliefs, concepts, biases.... basically the entire centered sense of individuality is shattered or realized to have never been.

❤ 

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All of experience is YOU.

Leo explained it well here. 

He means that your entire experience is god. God is your true identity. 

But the ego mind creates a partition inside experience. 

"I am this body and personality" 

This is the unconscious AUTOMATIC identification. 

God is all of the present experience. God is also the awareness. And the things you can be aware of. 

God is SUBJECT AND OBJECT. The ego is God too. Your truest consciousness is not the human consciousness, it is God's consciousness, aka all of perceptions. 

AND the perceptor too. 

Edited by billiesimon

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

On 25/02/2022 at 6:44 PM, Mason Riggle said:

@Seeker_of_truth no problem.

Alan Watts puts it this way- "I have no other self than the totality of things of which I am aware."  Its kind of sloppy language, but it's a good pointer.

I like to think of it this way.. I am everything that is typically considered to be 'not me'.  Everything that is 'not me' defines who I am.

This 'triangle' is actually not there.. it's really 'everything that's not the triangle' that gives the illusion of a triangle. 

35_kanizsa_main.png

Woah that illusion analogy is sick! Much appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

@billiesimon But there is no real perceiver (no separate entity).

Perception is a story within the dream. God is. God doesn't need or have perception. If anything, you could say that perception is a story imagined by God: "There are human beings, they have eyes and ears, they can see and hear,... There is a real biological process where external information is perceived by sensory organs, processed by the brain, which generates consciousness....bla bla"

I'm using a detailed terminology to help into the inquiry. 

Perceptions are on the human level. I was explaining how your perceptions are God, as well as the human observer. 

God has no perceptions. God expresses its formlessness into form. Like gold crafted into multiple forms. It's still gold (vedanta metaphor). 

So, God (oneness) is both subject (duality) and object (duality). 

Subject and object are a byproduct of God's unconsciousness in the dream.

We are talking exactly because God is not really aware of the oneness now. 

Edit: I would add that these conversations are creepy AF, since it's just The Self trying to do self inquiry unto itself. Notice it. It's really eerie and crazy. 

Edited by billiesimon

Inquire in the now.

Or at least my human identity is really creeped out by this Self-referencing activity on the forum. Maybe other egos are not. 

Inquire in the now.

1 hour ago, Judy2 said:

@Salvijus

Because identity is only assumed to be real, and as soon as you 'look', there's nothing there/ it fades.

Naaaaah ? This is something i keep trying to convey. Identity with the ego is not an assumed illusion.

"As soon as look for it there's nothing thereu say. That's not true. When u look for it, doesn't fade, and it can be found. It's almost solid stuff that u can become aware of like the body. It has a psychic existence of its own. That's a big difference compared to what u sayed.

At that point you can disidentify from it but even then ego doesn't fade so quickly. It is only realized to be not your true nature but is still lives on just becomes more transparant perhaps. To fully make the ego fade takes very long time to dissolve it. And there are practices to do it.

Edited by Salvijus

4 hours ago, Judy2 said:

@billiesimon But there is no real perceiver (no separate entity).

Perception is a story within the dream. God is. God doesn't need or have perception. If anything, you could say that perception is a story imagined by God: "There are human beings, they have eyes and ears, they can see and hear,... There is a real biological process where external information is perceived by sensory organs, processed by the brain, which generates consciousness....bla bla"

This is correct

What humans mistake for perception is actually Absolute Truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.