Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

Consciousness as a continuum

4 posts in this topic

Essentially the movement is from relative unconsciousness to relative consciousness.

This is a journey with no final destination in sight.

Essentially how aware you are of yourself plays a huge role in your state of being.

I see "enlightenment" as a halt in progress. I personally don't recommend trying to become enlightened because then you'll hit an arbitrary wall that you made. In truth there is no final enlightenment just deeper enlightenment in my view. 

You and I are the same consciousness but at different levels of self knowing in my view.

The unconscious is infinite. What you and I are conscious of is but a drop in an infinite ocean.

Consciousness is like a bottomless ocean. You can't reach the end of yourself if you are truly immortal.

Edited by WokeBloke

To define it as a continuum would be to make the objects of experience which consciousness is subject to take precedence over the consciousness, in some sense. So as to say that the true bedrock, that which never moves is something objective that consciousness merely visits.

I believe it must be precisely the other way around, that it is the objects which are a continuum and consciousness which is standing still.

If you are anything like me then you must be fundamentally like me.

edit: It is possible that I have understood both the word continuum and your usage of it very wrong though, as i think about it.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

On 23/02/2022 at 4:39 AM, WokeBloke said:

The unconscious is infinite. What you and I are conscious of is but a drop in an infinite ocean.

There is no unconscious. Consciousness itself is infinite. It reminds me of the old maps that say here be dragons: here be unconsciousness.

57% paranoid

@WokeBloke Yeah that's a very good point to make. I agree in that there is no final destination. "Enlightenment" is an arbitrary point on the continuum in which you have placed the "Enlightenment" flag. At a certain point it makes sense to let go of this and continue evolving.