patricknotstar

question from burning through karma video

10 posts in this topic

The general synopsis of the video seems to be that by indulging in your lower desires such as sex ,  validation, money etc one can move onto higher desires as the need for these are exhausted and eventually self actualization.

My question is what if one can't meet these lower needs , for example let's say hypothetically one simply cannot get sex due to circumstances out of their control. Would this make burning through karma a lot more difficult if not near impossible in this lifetime?

I remeber a quote by Osho saying "you cannot teach a hungry man about spirituality , all that he knows is he is hungry." If one is in this situation is there best bet the next life , will they die just trying to meet their base needs?

@patricknotstar

Obviously if you couldn't serve your needs you have 2 choices left. Either you are unhappy of the situation and needy or you could just stop caring about the situation. Real question is that why couldn't you suddenly have sex due to circumstances? 

Who told you that "others" are real?

6 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@patricknotstar

Obviously if you couldn't serve your needs you have 2 choices left. Either you are unhappy of the situation and needy or you could just stop caring about the situation. Real question is that why couldn't you suddenly have sex due to circumstances? 

I would answer that question but I'm sure you would deny my rationalization due to your limited perspective as to many people sex is something as innate as having access to  water , they will deny it could be any other way for someone else and will instead put it on the individuals own shortcomings and not something that could be out of their control. Anyhow I'm more interested in the "or you could just stop caring" do you think it is possible through conscious work to overcome such a deep rooted desire as sex and sexual intimacy , something Maslow has put next to food , water and shelter. That's intriguing , how could one go about eliminating this desire to reduce their suffering. 

Don’t have these thoughts of lack. There is an intuitive path forward created by your heart’s longings if you can get in touch with them and drop your thoughts. 

I put the things I want on a dream board and I don’t need to think in this manner any more. 

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

1 hour ago, patricknotstar said:

My question is what if one can't meet these lower needs , for example let's say hypothetically one simply cannot get sex due to circumstances out of their control. Would this make burning through karma a lot more difficult if not near impossible in this lifetime?

Yes. If you are gonna play that victim game then you will get stuck. You will most likely become too stuck to ever succeed in spirituality.

Spirituality is about taking responsibility and ownership over your life, first and foremost. Without that, nothing else is possible.

Getting laid is way easier than awakening. If you can't learn to get laid, forget about awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes. If you are gonna play that victim game then you will get stuck. You will most likely become too stuck to ever succeed in spirituality.

Spirituality is about taking responsibility and ownership over your life, first and foremost. Without that, nothing else is possible.

Getting laid is way easier than awakening. If you can't learn to get laid, forget about awakening.

Well, there are people who cant get laid due to, lets say, being physically disabled in parts of their body, while still having the urges (just as one example among many).

Ofc in this situation they will have learn to accept this fact and let it go but there are definitely many things that can prevent people from being able to fullfill all their basic needs.

Edited by BlackPhil

@patricknotstar

Actually I would like to hear your explanation or "ratinalization" to that. Keep in mind that you assumed that I wouldn't understand your point of view. If that is in the case, why would you ask others to help you to begin with? :D If you ask me, people don't need sex, but closeness with the loved ones and that can be your girl/boyfriend, casual friends or just your parents.

Thing is that, if it is actually in the case that you can't have sex no matter what then which one is better approach to cry or to accept the situation. That which you can't/won't change, just accept that or otherwise take the action my bro.

Edited by Kksd74628

Who told you that "others" are real?

I recommend contemplating the idea of wanting or needing to get laid. Is that really true? Many times we brainwash with that when you are actually wanting recognition and appreciation from women and others. You get it by growing, loving yourself and your life, integrating and advancing in the many aspects of your path, which includes guess what? Spirituality.