Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Progressives need to stop whining

15 posts in this topic

You know, I am actually getting tired of progressives complaining so much about Democrats and how they haven't gotten enough done for the country. For all of their talk progressives themselves have got nothing to show. They actually haven't had any political successes at all with the exception of finally being able to get the mainstream media to acknowledge and disseminate the corporate lobbying issue. 

Even James Carville just recently said that Democrats are becoming A "Whiny Party"

Obama also recently said that Democrats have got to stop whining: 

https://www.businessinsider.com/obama-tells-democrats-to-stop-whining-amid-legislative-setbacks-2022-2

The Democrats have become whiners probably because of how much they have been influenced by the constant complaining of progressives. I fear that if progressives keep bitching about Democratic politicians not getting more done for this country, then they might very well become a great liability to the Democratic Party just like how Bernie Sanders and his progressive coalition were greatly responsible for Hillary Clinton's lost to Trump in the 2016 presidential election.

2 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

You know, I am actually getting tired of progressives complaining so much about Democrats and how they haven't gotten enough done for the country.

You act as though progressives are the only ones that do this?

To subscribe to any political ideology is to bitch and moan about the other party is doing / not doing (be it democrats, conservatives, progressives, etc). This is what politics is about.

If a progressive is not nominated (for presidential, congressional, and local races), I’m going to vote Green Party for now on. Even the “progressives” in the Democratic Party have been rather disappointing and have failed to stand up for what’s right when it mattered, on issues of foreign policy and Israel/Palestine. The Progressives in the Democratic Party have reduced themselves to party rank climbers.

Green Party all the way.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Stop separating them from you, and you won't have the problem of them fighting you for or with their separate identity as much.

Yes I realise this is difficult when someone is doing it to you.

The other alternative is you split your party and include their identity, concerns and wishes in the political process. This isn't ever going away using your current approach, so hating it is like repeatly kicking a wall.

Edited by BlueOak

4 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

You act as though progressives are the only ones that do this?

To subscribe to any political ideology is to bitch and moan about the other party is doing / not doing (be it democrats, conservatives, progressives, etc). This is what politics is about.

I am not saying that progressives are the only who complain a lot. However, the progressives along with anyone who is in the fringes really complain the most.

3 hours ago, Yarco said:

Whiny progressive Cenk Uygur whining about progressives whining. This must be one of those "strange loops" they speak of.

Yeah true! Even TYT seems to be talking down to almost all of the progressives in both the US House of Representatives and US Senate say shit like "progressive caucus leader Pramila Jayapal did a terrible job with the negotiations!" "All of the progressives in Congress, with the exception of a few of them were weak and let us down!"

45 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I am not saying that progressives are the only who complain a lot. However, the progressives along with anyone who is in the fringes really complain the most.

There isn’t any raw data to back this up .. seems as though you’re not objectively evaluating progressives (ie. Bias). This may be true in your subjective experience, but it’s not universally true that progressives complain the most. Not to my knowledge at least.

"It was necessary to take action, struggle, make things happen, stop crying, and fight".

--   Che Guevara 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

The further to either extreme of the political spectrum one goes, the more whining there is. Extremists whine because they are fanatics. And the center usually doesn't care enough. These are the trade-offs of caring. The more you care the more extremist you become. The less you care the more complacent you are, the more the status quo dominates. So there's no clean solution.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The further to either extreme of the political spectrum one goes, the more whining there is. Extremists whine because they are fanatics. And the center usually doesn't care enough. These are the trade-offs of caring. The more you care the more extremist you become. The less you care the more complacent you are, the more the status quo dominates. So there's no clean solution.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking and have been trying to say.

This is why I am worried that the progressives are going to end up causing Democrats to lose more political power to the Republicans because of how much they Keep influencing more left wingers to not vote for more moderate Dems even when they are the best choice that we got. 

Also, TYT and Secular talk seem to be getting crazier and worse like the Hill, JRE, and Breaking Points. Although, Ryan Grim is the only one on the Hill that is actually alright.

Btw, I get that conservative Democrats such as Manchin, Sienna, Gottheimer, and Schraeder definitely don’t care about improving the quality of life of Americans as much as their liberal counterparts in the party do. However, do you think that even center-left Democrats such as Biden and the rest of Democratic leadership in Washington also don’t genuinely care as much about helping Americans as much as progressives do?

Edited by Hardkill

5 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I am worried that the progressives are going to end up causing Democrats to lose more political power to the Republicans because of how much they Keep influencing more left wingers to not vote for more moderate Dems even when they are best choice that we got.

This is correct.

This is the Progressives' biggest blindspot. They are utopians and idealists at heart. They refuse fo compromise and accept society where it's at.

It's both their greatest strength and weakness.

Guys like Jimmy Dore are especially bad examples of this. But TYT, Secular Talk, etc are also guilty of this to a degree. That "Bernie or bust" mentality is problematic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 16/02/2022 at 4:22 AM, Hardkill said:

Btw, I get that conservative Democrats such as Manchin, Sienna, Gottheimer, and Schraeder definitely don’t care about improving the quality of life of Americans as much as their liberal counterparts in the party do. However, do you think that even center-left Democrats such as Biden and the rest of Democratic leadership in Washington also don’t genuinely care as much about helping Americans as much as progressives do?

I think that they just have differing perspectives on what actually is entailed in raising the quality of life.

Also, I think Biden is far from centre-left, I'd put him as well within right wing territory.

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

On 2/16/2022 at 4:35 AM, Leo Gura said:

That "Bernie or bust" mentality is problematic.

I get the feeling Leo doesn't "feel the Bern"  :D