PepperBlossoms

Social Anxiety Showing Face

6 posts in this topic

I get social anxiety having my face shown on anything - linkedin, facebook, groupme, here.  I find that it is distracting and takes away from being able to think.

I'll sign in to facebook rarely and then deactivate it so that no one can see me.

I will hide my linkedin page. 

I will use a photo of an animal instead of me.

Does anyone else have that happen to them?

Those of you who can keep your photo up or post videos of yourself, how does it not bother you?

Maybe from guilt from the attention that showing your face brings you and the problems that that added attention has caused in the past.

On LinkedIn or a forum I can understand. But why Facebook? Aren't those people mostly friends and family? Are you worried people are judging you or something? That seems like it'd be mostly people you're on good terms with.

Don't you think it's a bit selfish to use Facebook to peer into other people's lives, then deactivate so they can't look back at you?

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

On LinkedIn or a forum I can understand. But why Facebook? Aren't those people mostly friends and family? Are you worried people are judging you or something? That seems like it'd be mostly people you're on good terms with.

Don't you think it's a bit selfish to use Facebook to peer into other people's lives, then deactivate so they can't look back at you?

Well said.

Edited by PepperBlossoms

I remember dealing with that when I was like 15 - I was a target for being bullied and deleted social media and hide my face, worried someone will 'find me' and ridicule me again, 

see it's just a belief system about myself from being identified with my body, the belief system is how i rationalized being ridiculed and to put it simply by showing my face and embracing whatever happened that fear began to dissolve and i no longer gave a shit and even began making videos

realizing no one gives a shit about you is humbling and freeing

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

10 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

I get social anxiety having my face shown on anything - linkedin, facebook, groupme, here.  I find that it is distracting and takes away from being able to think.

I'll sign in to facebook rarely and then deactivate it so that no one can see me.

I will hide my linkedin page. 

I will use a photo of an animal instead of me.

Does anyone else have that happen to them?

Those of you who can keep your photo up or post videos of yourself, how does it not bother you?

Haven't you shown your face on your Profile picture just yesterday? It's beautiful.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/