patricknotstar

How to escape desire

23 posts in this topic

I DESIRE , BUT I CANNOT MATERIALIZE ALL MY DESIRE SO I SUFFER. I TELL MYSELF IF I CAN STOP DESIRING ALTOGRTHER MY SUFFERING WILL END, BUT TO NOT DESIRE IS OF ITSELF A DESIRE. THE DESIRER IS THE DESIRE, TO CEASE TO DESIRE WOULD BE TO CEASE TO EXTIST AS A CONSCIOUS SELF.  THESE IDEAS OF LIBERATION FROM DESIRE ARE ONLY PROJECTIONS OF THE DESIRER, TO SIT UNDER A TREE IN NIRVANA, ETERNAL BLISS STILL HOLDS THE PRESUMPTION THERE IS A SELF THERE TO EXPERIENCE THAT BLISS BUT THERES NO ONE. THERE IS NO WAY OUT THAT INCLUDES ME COMING OUT ALIVE. 

Ofcourse this is just how I feel currently with my limited level of consciousness but people who've done more work than me can you explain the flaw in my thinking because I can't seem to solve this riddle. I know to some it might seem silly 

Like you said, the desire to escape desire is itself a desire.

Why do you want to escape desire to begin with? To escape suffering?

If it is to escape suffering, realise that wanting to escape suffering is negative motivation, i.e. motivation to avoid pain. 

Negative motivation is not going to be sufficient to do consciousness work. 

If you don’t mind me asking, why the caps? I read this in a voice that was yelling their lungs out to have a simple conversation with their hearing-loss suffering grandma. 

Dive into your desires and experience them profoundly. See what all the fuss is about.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Dive into your desires and experience them profoundly. See what all the fuss is about.

But you are still on the level fucking around with 10k girls. From my experience it looks like if you do that, it will not end and it is just an excuse to crave for desires.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

thanks Leo , this reminds me of a quote by J cole "they tell me this shit ain't as good as it seems , but tell me till you get it how could know." Hopefully one day I'm able to live out my desires and then see if they bring me fulfilment , right now I think they would bring me completion and happiness but if they don't, well that would be quite a trip. 

A desire is a movement of the mind. A desire to end a desire is justna deeper layer of movement of the mind. When your awareness trancends all movement of the mind, all desire will end. If your mind stops you're not going to dissapear anywhere. Your ego and personal sense of self is going to dissapear only. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

19 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

A desire is a movement of the mind. A desire to end a desire is also a movement of the mind. When your awareness trancends all movement of the mind, all desire will end. If your mind stops you're not going to dissapear anywhere. Your ego and personal sense of self is going to dissapear only. 

my personal sense of self is going to dissapear?  well that doesn't sound very nice. That sounds like dying 

10 minutes ago, patricknotstar said:

my personal sense of self is going to dissapear?  well that doesn't sound very nice. That sounds like dying 

Okey how about this.

Desire is seen, desire to escape the desire is also seen. That which is aware of both is beyond all desire. But it's not enough to believe this or to accept this as a phylosophical idea. It has to become your living experience.

Yes your personal sense of self will dissapear. But you will find something that is beyond the person. Your real self beyond life and death. Only an illusion will die. The awareness you are cannot die.

Edited by Salvijus

14 minutes ago, patricknotstar said:

my personal sense of self is going to dissapear?

Okey let me clarify a little bit. Personal sense of self need not dissapear. You can trancend desire without the person dissapearing. By cultivating the awareness you can learn to discern what is you and what is your person. If awareness trancends the person, the person will still be there, but you will know it's just a mask not your real nature.

Edited by Salvijus

See video: Burning Through Karma

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, patricknotstar said:

I DESIRE , BUT I CANNOT MATERIALIZE ALL MY DESIRE SO I SUFFER. I TELL MYSELF IF I CAN STOP DESIRING ALTOGRTHER MY SUFFERING WILL END, BUT TO NOT DESIRE IS OF ITSELF A DESIRE. 

I think you're misinterpreting Buddhist teachings.

To live through life is to suffer (the word: suffering, is more accurately translated is ''dissatisfaction''). To constantly want, be dissatisfied, and hold attachments to things which are temporary; other people, youthfulness, etc...

But we can transcend this suffering by following the eight fold path, which exists to deprogram our desire addicted brain.

• Right speech
  • Right action
  • Right livelihood
  • Right effort
  • Right mindfulness
  • Right concentration
  • Right resolve
  • Right view

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

@patricknotstar Desire is the fuel for creativity and creation. The goal is not to be in a desireless passionless state about life. I would suggest you begin to take a close look at the limiting beliefs and assumptions you have adopted as true. 

Edited by Matthew85

14 hours ago, patricknotstar said:

I DESIRE , BUT I CANNOT MATERIALIZE ALL MY DESIRE SO I SUFFER. I TELL MYSELF IF I CAN STOP DESIRING ALTOGRTHER MY SUFFERING WILL END, BUT TO NOT DESIRE IS OF ITSELF A DESIRE. THE DESIRER IS THE DESIRE, TO CEASE TO DESIRE WOULD BE TO CEASE TO EXTIST AS A CONSCIOUS SELF.  THESE IDEAS OF LIBERATION FROM DESIRE ARE ONLY PROJECTIONS OF THE DESIRER, TO SIT UNDER A TREE IN NIRVANA, ETERNAL BLISS STILL HOLDS THE PRESUMPTION THERE IS A SELF THERE TO EXPERIENCE THAT BLISS BUT THERES NO ONE. THERE IS NO WAY OUT THAT INCLUDES ME COMING OUT ALIVE. 

Ofcourse this is just how I feel currently with my limited level of consciousness but people who've done more work than me can you explain the flaw in my thinking because I can't seem to solve this riddle. I know to some it might seem silly 

Take the finders course and go for location 4

read and apply happiness beyond thought by Gary Weber

14 hours ago, patricknotstar said:

I DESIRE , BUT I CANNOT MATERIALIZE ALL MY DESIRE SO I SUFFER.

Desire is endless, but suffering doesn't have to be. Either a desire materialises or it doesn't.

Say I suddenly have a thought that I want to own an expensive wristwatch. When should I start suffering? One second afterwards, one day, one week, one month or one year? Either I start catering to my desire at some point by saving up for the wristwatch - in which case why suffer - or I don't - in which case my desire won't materialise - so again why suffer?

In short: If you never make any plans to service your desires, then they will never materialise, in which case suffering is pointless.

In fact materialising some desires could actually make you suffer. Maybe I'm constantly worried about having my expensive wristwatch stolen or damaged.

Edited by LastThursday

57% paranoid

@patricknotstar

Actually whole spirituality is so simple. Accept present moment as it is and ta - da you won the game and you are happy. 

Someone : But, I can't accept present moment, because I am not happy NOW.

The reason you are not happy is, because you don't accept that which is. Acceptance and happiness come same time, because they actually are synonyms.

To do anything in life is to be able to BE. You work so you don't need to work. After you have done everything you needed to do you may NOW allow yourself to relax. Point of spirituality is to allow yourself to relax without the need to do anythining in order to BE. Meaning of no desires is actually just seeing through the illusion that happiness would come from the thing you do instead of it existing by its own all the time.

You can either choose to smile NOW or be sad, but why wouldn't you loosen a little bit and stop being so stiff. Look around you - this is a miracle - you can actually do whatever you want.

Someone : I meditate so someday I could accept present moment as it is.

Why don't you accept it NOW? Didn't you ever use cheat codes in video games? I give you one cheat code to this game that you call a life. Remember that you have to actually do this NOW and not just read instructions or otherwise it won't work.

Smile just, because you can smile and remember that you are so so so much more beautiful when you do that <3

Know that the only difference between BEING adult and child is that children allow themselfes to play this awesome game and adults just try to perform it.

Allow yourself to relax by knowing that you don't need to do anything particular at this very moment.

Understand that this calmness is always there, if you wouldn't fill it with stress.

So peacefull, isn't it.

NOW when you know that this is always around you - ask yourself why would you ever lie to yourself that this gift is not here :)

-joNi-

Edited by Kksd74628

Who told you that "others" are real?

On 10/02/2022 at 0:46 PM, Kksd74628 said:

Allow yourself to relax by knowing that you don't need to do anything particular at this very moment.

@Kksd74628 There is nothing that I need to do. Only things that I want to do. Right? 

Desire is awesome!

Desire is aliveness.

Temporary states of desirelessness are useful for insight and growth, but not something you should strive to maintain.

You are suffering because you are telling yourself lies about being unworthy of what you want, or not powerful enough to get what you want.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

59 minutes ago, flowboy said:

Desire is awesome!

Desire is aliveness.

Temporary states of desirelessness are useful for insight and growth, but not something you should strive to maintain.

You are suffering because you are telling yourself lies about being unworthy of what you want, or not powerful enough to get what you want.

@flowboy Well said Erik.

It's the limiting belief's and assumptions people adopt as true that cause suffering, not desire.