charlie cho

How is Warren Buffett still alive eating junk food daily?

69 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, charlie cho said:

Over a litre of cherry coke a day. Mcmuffins in the morning. Icecream. The list goes on. The man is 90 years old and he looks to me healthier than any person who care about their health.

What is this??? 

Maybe warren does not strain himself mentally about his health. Thats why hes healthy?

Ive speculated people who have low health anxiety have great health ? 

With that kind of lifestyle your average citizen wont get to 90, even if you are perfectly medicated.
Health is complex and highly individual - a lot of good stuff has already been mentioned by the previous posters, so I wont repeat that.

This is not unusual by the way - you can observe this every other day in hospitals. I distinctly remember a 98 year old who has smoked since his 13th birthday while also drinking about 4-8 beers a day. He was surprisingly fit for that age as well.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Maybe, he burns fat and sugar through using his brain to maximum capacity, no joke. We underestimate how our brains use a massive amount of calories a day more than any other other than exercise.

And Warren Buffett loves to learn and read books. Over at least 4 hours a day just reading. 

And serving in a company like his, no doubt his brain will strain 24/7. Like how Sherlock used to do Cocaine and smoke cigarettes to help him think. Warren has cherry coke and McMuffins to help him think where to invest in gold areas and meet smart people. 

@Tristan12 have you ever studied so hard (no kidding) on some subject like music, math, programming, your brain REQUIRED you to eat candy? 

I've experienced this. 

Like as if my body, specifically my brain, would detoriate if I didn't eat candy that moment and time. 

14 hours ago, charlie cho said:

Over a litre of cherry coke a day. Mcmuffins in the morning. Icecream. The list goes on. The man is 90 years old and he looks to me healthier than any person who care about their health.

What is this??? 

Maybe warren does not strain himself mentally about his health. Thats why hes healthy?

I comprehend merely what others already said:

1. we have a double selections bias.

a. people who care about health - ask yourself: why do they care?
more likely than not because their health is bad, then they fix it but still face often problems and die earlier

b. warren buffet has good health and seems to eat bad - ask yourself: what the probability of that happening?
it's very low, but here we have selected the statistical outlier.

therefore it seems to be foolish to not eat better, as the ones who do often seem weak. see? that's why every educated person should have a grasp of statistics and how to interpret something like that.

we here are good, but I bet there is a significant number out there thinking 'not that bad, warren b. does as well' will munching down their daily fries

and by the way it can be the case that his children have worse health as this literally destroys the dna.. read deep nutrion for reference.. it's not all gold but it has a big kernel of truth

2.  It's likely that it's not true that he eats that bad

52 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

@Tristan12 have you ever studied so hard (no kidding) on some subject like music, math, programming, your brain REQUIRED you to eat candy? 

I've experienced this. 

Like as if my body, specifically my brain, would detoriate if I didn't eat candy that moment and time. 

Yeah, right this weekend I had a cheat because I ate well for months and even cut red win a month ago. Sometimes you got to go back two step to go on, but most often that's only an excuse to go back.. Like anything you gotta find your personal balance ;)

For example I need to be cautious not to sneak nasty behavior in the next sprint of eating super clean ^^

1 hour ago, charlie cho said:

I've experienced this. 

No I've never experienced that, but I can see how your brain might crave sugar for something like that where you are working hard and feel like you need energy. I feel like I would be satisfied with fruit or something if I did need sugar though 

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

5 hours ago, undeather said:

This is not unusual by the way - you can observe this every other day in hospitals. I distinctly remember a 98 year old who has smoked since his 13th birthday while also drinking about 4-8 beers a day. He was surprisingly fit for that age as well.

So there isn't any logical explanation for this?

31 minutes ago, Lauritz Bewer said:

@Leo Gura wow, that sounds to me that you dont expect to live beyond 60 or 70 ?

thought the same but probably right if you consider what he shares from his health

47 minutes ago, Medhansh said:

So there isn't any logical explanation for this?

There is, but our current paradigm/understanding of longevity is extremely fragile and not in any way or form holistic. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Positive expectation is more influential on health than anything else. If you focus on toxic foods or demonize them, you will be more unhealthy than those ignorant to the risks. Use your discernment only for good and you'll have the best of both worlds. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura Well, Warren Buffett wouldn't be labeled conscious in the conventional way. Least for us.

Have you thought about how maybe his sense of purpose, or his mental exercise has let him survive those massive amounts of calories. Like how a lot of movies like to portray geniuses eating a lot of sugar, smoking, doing drugs to increase their mental performance, it's a known fact that using our brains like Warren Buffett will burn a lot of calories as much as going to the gym. 

I've heard quite a bit of how Warren works. This man is a great learner, and I don't know where his purpose comes from, but I know it's strong. I would like to think his brain burns the junk he puts in himself quite efficiently. 

Edited by charlie cho

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have wondered this myself.

Some people just have lucky genetics. Like Trump.

If I ate the shit they eat I would be dead by now.

There may actually be a correlation between one's level of consciousness and how sensitive your body/brain is to toxins. Notice that a high performance sports car requires superior fuel to travel the same mileage. High performance machines tend to be more sensitive and fragile, requiring higher precision in their operation.

There are some people who smoke a pack of cigarettes a day their whole lives and never get cancer. But are these highly conscious people? Would you really want to trade places with them even if they live to 100? Trump will probably live more years than I do, but I don't regret that one bit.

Leo,do you think Warren Buffett is a low consciousness person?

22 hours ago, charlie cho said:

What is this??? 

Lol

"What are you man?!"

He is not a man... he is... a God.

I think genetics plays a big part in this.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

5 hours ago, charlie cho said:

Have you thought about how maybe his sense of purpose, or his mental exercise has let him survive those massive amounts of calories.

Ahahahahahaha.... :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Lauritz Bewer said:

@Leo Gura wow, that sounds to me that you dont expect to live beyond 60 or 70 ?

Probably won't given my health.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@charlie cho

On 2/6/2022 at 0:01 AM, charlie cho said:

What is this??? 

The human body is a beautiful piece of magic.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Probably won't given my health.

Aw, that's sad that you believe that. There's gotta some way in the future that you can live much longer than 70 years old.

Maybe in the future when tech and medicine becomes advanced they will finally have come up with something that will treat if not cure your thyroid issue.

17 hours ago, charlie cho said:

@mandyjw that's an interesting view. I myself thought of that without even knowing it. Where and how did you get that idea? 

Experience and honest observation. In my early 20's I started having some health issues and I started worrying and focusing on them a lot. I just got more of them. Legitimate concerns doctors took seriously, but never anything that really resolved that way. The more I tried to address them, the worse it got. It wasn't until I realized I was wanting to stop working 7 days a week and put more energy into spending time with friends and having fun that it stopped. Similar stuff kept happening off and on, in every case I was putting all my attention of what was not wanted instead of what I did want. Health, happiness and wellbeing feels like health, happiness and wellbeing, it does not feel like deprivation, stress, worry and concern. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost