Preety_India

I got Omicron

34 posts in this topic

Bad news. Finally omicron got me. 

So i tested positive for Omicron. 

I'm also unvaccinated. 

I have been having intense unbearable body ache, I cannot even walk, I feel intense fatigue, constantly coughing, sneezing but the water is clear. And headaches don't go away. Constantly feeling feverish. 

The doctor told me to get rest and sent me with some anti inflammatory medicine. 

My neck is swollen with pain and cough. 

In my apartment 10 people tested positive for Omicron. 

Anyone who has omicron, take care and God bless. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

One thing I noticed that gargling throat with hot water reduces throat pain. And drinking hot water reduces body ache. 

Little things you can try to keep symptoms in check. 

Take paracetamol. 

And lay in bed. Nothing else to do 

Also eating food in little portions throughout the day helps you beat the malaise and weakness. 

63hhhl.gif

63hhd8.gif

Edited by Preety_India

Just telling myself —"it will be okay. Don't worry. Keep strong." 

Will post updates when I recover. 

63hh9m.gif

@Marcel thank you. I love you. :x

Edited by Preety_India

Take 1-3 hot showers per day. Eat your fruits & veggies. Stay hydrated!
Hope you will get better soon! ^_^

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

3 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

Take 1-3 hot showers per day. Eat your fruits & veggies. Stay hydrated!
Hope you will get better soon! ^_^

Yup had 2 hot showers today. It's helping. Thanks for the advice. Will stock up on fruits. 

@Preety_India You're lucky that you got omicron, which is the more mild / less severe variant.

Now you wish that you had got the vaccine huh?

Edited by Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

@Preety_India You're lucky that you got omicron, which is the more mild / less severe variant.

Not really. This is not that bad. 

To be frank, the common flu I suffered two weeks ago before this was way worse.. This is bad only for first 2 days. After that it's normal. 

This is in fact when I am still recovering from that flu. 

If I was the healthiest version of myself (which I was at some point in my life before all the medical issues began), and I had got Omicron then I would be dancing all around because it's nothing for a healthy person, just fever, pain etc. That's something I always suffered in childhood anyway. This is such a small thing in comparison to infections I have suffered and recovered. 

I have suffered from some of the most deadliest infections and still managed to recover and if you read my medical history, you will be like "what the fuck, how did you survive all this?" 

I was born like a miracle baby. Doctors said I won't survive but I survived an awful lot. 

I was born only 5 pounds and a month early. 

I still have medical conditions but I have the will power of a mountain. I will survive. 

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Also consider that I have low immunity and low body stamina. And I'm still doing alright. 

If it happens to a normal healthy and strong person with strong immunity, this will be nothing for them. 

I have been suffering since 3 days now. 2 days were severe body pain and weakness. A little unbearable but wouldn't need hospitalization. Just rest and juices and warm water. Also if the body heats up(due to antibodies) then keep drinking Vit C juice and apply ice pack on the back (because the back gets heated up as a result of antibody production) and you will need to bring down the body temperature <that's the part that is unbearable >

I will need another 3 days and I think I will recover completely. 

This is my fourth day. So 4 +3 = 7 days. 

You will need 7 days total to recover that is 1 whole week. 

Not that bad. 

Edited by Preety_India

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

@Preety_India .

By the way, didn't I get natural immunity now? Isn't that how vaccines supposed to work. 

I think now a vaccine would be redundant anyway? 

I'm not sure. 

@flowboy hello :)

63lx0a.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

@Whitesnow unfortunately I simply kept postponing the vaccine. I got lazy. I don't think it makes much of a difference anyway because my neighbors are vaccinated with booster shots. Yet they are showing the same symptoms as me. But I guess it gives some bit of protection. Not so sure though because neighbors are recovering at the same rate as me. So don't know what good the vaccine is. Not saying that it's useless, but maybe it's good for people who are extremely old and terminally ill or have delayed immune response. 

@Whitesnow I just finished making concentrated carrot garlic soup. Carrot is a rich source of vitamin C. So hopefully this will help me recover faster. I put some black pepper and turmeric in it. Turmeric reduces inflammation and is anti-viral due to curcumin in it. 

It almost looks like tea/coffee. And it's super hot. 

63m853.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

Oh no, I am really sorry about that@Preety_India . Hope you recover from this as soon as possible.

Btw, being fully vaccinated and boosted would've very likely made your symptoms much more mild.

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Oh no, I am really sorry about that@Preety_India . Hope you recover from this as soon as possible.

Btw, being fully vaccinated and boosted would've very likely made your symptoms much more mild.

I'm not sure about that but that's past now. Anyway i got natural immunity. 

I can only speak from observation. 

Edited by Preety_India

How you feel today? I just recovered from COVID. I have had 3 vaccines. Minor fever and dry cough for a day. Felt low energy a few days after. Didn't shelter in place as much as I'd have liked but I couldn't just put my life on pause after TWO YEARS of this. I feel much better now. 

11 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

How you feel today? I just recovered from COVID. I have had 3 vaccines. Minor fever and dry cough for a day. Felt low energy a few days after. Didn't shelter in place as much as I'd have liked but I couldn't just put my life on pause after TWO YEARS of this. I feel much better now. 

A bit of dry cough. Fever is gone. Feeling low energy but I'm constantly drinking soup and juices to keep up my energy. 

On 2/1/2022 at 10:13 PM, Preety_India said:

By the way, didn't I get natural immunity now? Isn't that how vaccines supposed to work. 

I think now a vaccine would be redundant anyway? 

I'm not sure. 

Yes.

Getting vaccinated after having covid doesn't make any sense because natural immunity is so much better (broad spectrum antibodies and longer lasting). And you probably don't wanna stress your immune system needlessly.

What medicine did you all get for COVID-19 infection?

I am also affected.