Someone here

Can a man-made computer become conscious?

242 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But you are not yet conscious that you created me. You are under the illusion that something exists outside your consciousness.

I am getting closer. I have had glimpses. 

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What we're talking about here is way beyond concepts.

Your consciousness is all there is. There are no conscious beings outside you. You are the only one.

What I was referring to is the feeling of being alone. That human emotion didn't exist for me in my most awakened states. 

5 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

What I was referring to is the feeling of being alone. That human emotion didn't exist for me in my most awakened states.

Keep going deeper.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There's a distinction between life and consciousness. You can be alive and unconscious, e.g. during sleep or anaesthesia. But you can't be dead and conscious. This means that life is larger than consciousness and that the latter is relative to the former. Consciousness is couched within life, not the other way around. My consciousness is couched within my life, same as yours. And we're all couched within Life, which is something. Life consists of consciousness and unconsciousness.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are the only conscious thing in existence.

Stop imagining others.

It's simple: No one is conscious but you.

The end.

I think this could get easily misinterpreted by most people.

Most people would define 'you' as their ego so they would interpret that as saying that only their limited egoic experience exists and others are philosophical zombies/dream characters. Which is why they think you're delusional.

At high levels of awakening there isn't a 'you' since the self is also imagined. So to say 'you are the only conscious thing in existence' doesn't really make sense since there is no 'you'.

Solipsism is a belief, and it is therein delusion. 

Doubt does not imply a doubter. Doubt is, doubt. 

Likewise, “I” can not “prove me wrong”. I = me. 

“You are the only conscious thing in existence” is the epitome of the materialist paradigm, and there are really no words which could be more misleading. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Solipsism is a belief, and it is therein delusion. 

Yes, a belief that is only useful to confuse the mind. alone, accompanied, they are just ideas

29 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You are the only conscious thing in existence” is the epitome of the materialist paradigm, and there are really no words which could be more misleading

Only if your referring to ‘you’ as a mere human mind and form. If one has awoken to the true expanse of what ‘you’ truly refers to then it’s clear that ‘YOU’ are the only conscious thing in existence. As you are consciousness itself and not just a part of it, but the whole. So it’s not misleading, it’s true. It only seems misleading until you’ve gone deep enough to realise that the only misleading thing about the phrase is when your misleading yourself

19 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

Only if your referring to ‘you’ as a mere human mind and form.

“You are the only conscious thing in existence” is a reference to a you which is a thing which is conscious, which is in existence. That is what the term materialism means, or points to, with the addition of solipsism. 

If one has awoken to the true expanse of what ‘you’ truly refers to then it’s clear that ‘YOU’ are the only conscious thing in existence.

There is no you which is a thing, nor which is conscious, nor which is in existence. 

As you are consciousness itself and not just a part of it, but the whole. So it’s not misleading, it’s true. It only seems misleading until you’ve gone deep enough to realise that the only misleading thing about the phrase is when your misleading yourself

What was said is not what is being said there. Quite different. Agree, it’s misleading, don’t agree there was ‘the only misleading thing’. The entire statement is misleading. Similarly, “no one is conscious, just you”, is the materialist paradigm & solipsism, delusion, and most misleading words. It’s not a ‘when misleading yourself’, it is  misleading yourself. And similarly, ‘keep going deeper’, and ‘beyond concepts’… very misleading. 

As mentioned & if interested in non-misleading verbiage, check out The Nature of Conscious by Rupert Spira. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, spiritual memes said:

At high levels of awakening there isn't a 'you'

All you will ever encounter is yourself. You are here, now, always, forever.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Keep going deeper.

@Leo Gura Thank you! Your insights have inspired me to keep seeking. For example at a certain point in my spiritual practices I began having spontaneous OBE's. At first this was alarming and I often thought I may have died. These experiences were very valuable in answering many questions I had at the time and I was able to validate they were "real". But now I am beginning to see it's just another layer of the dream. 

2 hours ago, Trickyp said:

@Leo Gura Would one want to realize this already in younger years?

I have no idea what you want.

Is "the end" different from natural death?

Death is imaginary. It never occurs.

Would you recommend transcending life and death to become "infinite Love" a.k.a "being absolutely alone" forever to someone at your age? Is a infinite singularity "happier" than a human so to say?

It's infinite happiness.

But this assumes you really want Truth. If you don't, it will be hell.

If you don't deeply care about Truth, stay the fuck away from awakening work.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The ending is when you realize you're absolutely alone.

I like how you give zero fucks to the people struggling to understand this.?

25 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

I like how you give zero fucks to the people struggling to understand this.?

I gave you the most powerful methods and tools. Talking about this will not help you understand. You will never understand this in your sober state.

@Leo Gura you should make a video about solipsism. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

12 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

There's a distinction between life and consciousness. You can be alive and unconscious, e.g. during sleep or anaesthesia. But you can't be dead and conscious. This means that life is larger than consciousness and that the latter is relative to the former. Consciousness is couched within life, not the other way around. My consciousness is couched within my life, same as yours. And we're all couched within Life, which is something. Life consists of consciousness and unconsciousness.

I think we are all considering consciousness from a human perspective. When you meet another human you take it for granted they posses the same degree of conscious ability. If they have not it soon becomes apparent. It would be the same for computer. We debated a short time ago and it became apparent it was purely a human endeavour. If a computer could create a novel work of art I might just sit up and take notice.

I think the computer will must be given consciousness by our scientists in future but for that scientist has to understand the human conscience first. And i think it will be very good for the humanity also and computer will serve humanity and could not be the danger to the humanity because as he will know his conscience very well and if any know the conscience he will not be able to follow evil. This truth will cover computer as well.

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

t's infinite happiness.

But this assumes you really want Truth. If you don't, it will be hell.

Is this true leo? Is it possible to know the truth and be unhappy? I thought Regardless of how one finds the truth (maybe accidentally by meditating to improve focus on studies, or accidentally falling down a rabbit hole of self inquiry) the truth will make you happy

rupert spira says the truth is really the only thing we desire.But since not everyone has heard about enlightenment etc they pursue other materialistic things falsely thinking it will make them happy.

Do you agree with this video leo?

Edited by Ineedanswers

47 minutes ago, Ineedanswers said:

Is this true leo? Is it possible to know the truth and be unhappy? I thought Regardless of how one finds the truth (maybe accidentally by meditating to improve focus on studies, or accidentally falling down a rabbit hole of self inquiry) the truth will make you happy

The problem is in reaching the Truth, facing it, accepting it, and surrendering to it.

This is long process as the ego-mind goes through years of resistance and death-throes.

You have to be wise enough to want the Truth. Most people are not wise enough and cannot appreciate Truth, so they will experience it in a negative way, without ever fully realizing it or surrendering to it.

rupert spira says the truth is really the only thing we desire.But since not everyone has heard about enlightenment etc they pursue other materialistic things falsely thinking it will make them happy.

Do you agree with this video leo?

Yes, that's correct, but people don't appreciate how radical Truth is and how threatening it is. Most people simply don't have the stomach for it.

But if you fully realize Truth you will drown in infinite happiness. The human mind cannot even imagine such degrees of happiness.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I gave you the most powerful methods and tools. Talking about this will not help you understand. You will never understand this in your sober state.

You, can understand this work without taking an external drug

I have not taken any psychedelic, i do not need too to understand something as simple as this

The mind wants to experience something so complex so that it can come to terms with what it has found, it does not want to come to terms with something so simple, so easy,  because, what the fuck, "i don't deserve this, i didnt do anything to deserve this".

Psychedelics are just for the extremely ignorant fools who are not humble enough to appreciate the simplicity of things,

sounds ignorant coming from someone who has never taken it before, but as i said, it is not needed for truth realization, 

only for trips so massive that it forces you, throws you into it, because that is your baseline. Your ground. Always in absolutely all cases what so ever your case may be.

how can something so simple can be so complex? can also be phrased as 

how can something so complex be so simple, the latter being for psychedelic users who want to realize, that truth is

Meditation, nowadays, are for the fools who think that anything. who just think, non stop, and are identified with voices that they think are inside of their "heads", which is simply put, the process of identification that was mentioned above. All ignorance.

I think the best "tool" for realizing what is, is nothing at all. 

It happens on its own accord, spontaneously and without any cause whatsoever, which is insane for anyone who is identified with their mind to understand.

No cause for you to awaken,

simply put, awake, without anything before the word, without anything after the word. 

the word appearing on its own accord spontaneously without any cause for it.

Edited by Mosess

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't claim to be spiritually gifted or something...but it did make a lot of sense even as I never used psychedelics to be honest.

The idea that other people exist is literally something you borrowed from society. Simple not give into it, and what remains is you.

It was not so simple. But I needed so much contemplation and the analogy of dreams to make sense of it.

In dreams I can imagine multiple beings none of which actually exist. It's just one person dreaming up everything.

But in future I will try psychedelics to cement this experience.

32 minutes ago, Mosess said:

I have not taken any psychedelic, i do not need too to understand something as simple as this

You think you understand, but you don't.

You don't understand how deep this goes.

Even Rupert Spira does not understand what I am pointing to.

There is awakening beyond anything you can possibly imagine or have been taught by any human teacher.

You do not understand what you are missing.