Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machiavelli

When christians say god is Jesus does it mean God came down on earth personally?

43 posts in this topic

There's this idea about what the difference is between buddhism and christianity 

Only problem is I hardly believe in afterlifes or the such, that it wouldn't be "me".

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Maybe you misunderstood him somehow. I think yes. God looks like Jesus because he is an embodyment of god. God also looks like Krishna and Shiva and buddha and what not because these beings and god a literally sinonimous. Perhaps this is what he meant.

No I am sure what he meant. I debated with him.  He says only jesus is true. God in its infinite form appeared on earth as jesus and disclosed his image to everybody. 

He says god doesnt look like other human being. 

He means god with anthromorphic form having hands and legs which is infinite consciousness and is one with us. 

The way Jesus is different from other people that became 'enlightened' is that Jesus never 'sinned', according to scripture. He never needed to realize enlightenment because he always already was the perfect embodiment of 'The Father'. The Father being infinite consciousness, and the Son(Jesus) is the limited incarnation. Jesus was not omnipotent and omniscient like the Father, but he was a perfect incarnation of the Father in the flesh. So Jesus was God, but he still had human limitations like other people. He only needed to adapt his divine nature to our 'fallen' world so he could spread his message.

And God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in one essence. So the manifest and unmanifest are one essence, yet separate 'persons'.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"

No I-dolls

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You are God and Jesus is your Mind's creation.

Your Christian friend is something you dreamed up to keep yourself asleep.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"

No I-dolls

Elaborate please.

7 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

He says God has image and he looks like jesus. He rejects that jesus was human who realised that he was God. He instead insists Jesus appeared personally in its infinite form on earth. And God has form that looks like jesus. 

God has no singular form or identity.  God looks like nothing.  The form of Jesus is a finite form.  Therefore he was not in an infinite form because to have the form of a human named Jesus is to exclude all other forms that are not human not named Jesus.  Do you understand that in order to be in “infinite form” you must not have a singular form of anything distinguishable from everything else? 

@machiavelli he is right. Jesus is an incarnation and embodyment of god. He is literaly god himself in human form.

But that doesn't mean he's the only one like that. God can incarnate himself through jesus and he can incarnate himself through buddha. All enlightened beings are gods and imagines of what god looks like and are one with everything just like jesus imo. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

8 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

He says god doesnt look like other human being. 

What's his epistemology, how does he explain how he knows any of this? 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

You are God and Jesus is your Mind's creation.

@Leo Gura But my friend says I must pray to jesus only as God has image. 

Is jesus human or god? 

Is it possible that god has image and god looks like jesus in its true form?

My friend says he is enlightened . He says that infinite consciousness is nothing but christ consciousness. 

He says god appeared to humans in its true form and disclosed his image as jesus . So we must pray to jesus image only.

God is Jesus, but it’s also all of us. Nothing special about Jesus as a man per say.

He is just a fragment of infinite consciousness.

5 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

What's his epistemology, how does he explain how he knows any of this? 

He has spent years towards enlightenment. 

I said too how can JESUS appear in its infinite form while rest of us be limited.

He says " Christ consciousness is what we are and we are Jesus only. " God once came in its original anthromorphic form on earth and disclosed how he looks like ".

He says god has anthromorphic form.

13 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

Elaborate please.

It's one of the ten commandments, God said not to make or worship an idols. 

An idol, image, deity, or whatever else can be a chosen focal point for meditation, in this way it is not put "before" the awareness of it, it merges into it is created of it. However, if it is made into an ideal (I-deal) that is a projection of the separate self, and is put BEFORE "God" (ie Source, Awareness) it actually demeans the "god" it claims to worship. 

"I am the way, the light and the truth"- Jesus. 

Jesus was not saying the thought of Jesus, or image of Jesus, or the imagined memory of Jesus is the Light, the Way and the Truth, he is saying the Light that is "you" that is now, only now, aware of the word Jesus on the screen IS the WAY, the Light and the Truth. 

I AM. Not "I am". Me, Jesus, the thought of Jesus. No. Christians idolize the thought of Jesus, so they actually forget "the Light" and even forget the thought "Jesus" most of the time. It's worse than buying a dashboard Jesus and revering it for how ridiculous and demeaning it is. 

People have all kinda of spiritual concepts and imagery. I dolls. They are just for play. They are not the Play itself. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

10 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Do you understand that in order to be in “infinite form” you must not have a singular form of anything distinguishable from everything else? 

@The Lucid Dreamer So it mean god can incarnate by only limiting itself as human? 

What he was insisting that god has image and has anthromorphic form. He said god in its infinite state appeared on earth and disclosed how god really looks like. 

10 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

@The Lucid Dreamer So it mean god can incarnate by only limiting itself as human? 

What he was insisting that god has image and has anthromorphic form. He said god in its infinite state appeared on earth and disclosed how god really looks like. 

Okay… do you understand that the anthropomorphic form is not infinite form?  In order to be in the anthropomorphic form, you have to not be in the form of a horse, or a cat, or a bird, or a car or any other form.  You cannot be in any perceivable form and be in infinite form. If you are in any perceivable form, you are a finite form.  Infinity is formless, and yet it holds within it all possible form.  So Jesus was God, because God includes with in it the form and identity of Jesus. But he is no more God than you are or I am.  We are all God incarnate.  Jesus was merely trying to communicate this to the people of his time and people completely misunderstood what he was saying.

21 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

He has spent years towards enlightenment. 

38 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

Doing what, during those years? 

If it's this: "my friend says I must pray to jesus only as God has image."

Then what about all the other millions of Christians who pray to Jesus for years and have different beliefs as a result? 

If I were you, I'd politely listen, remind him we're all free to believe what we want, but you want your own direct experience (if indeed you do). Live and let live. Then carry on with your own practice and have your own experiences. His words are worth listening to, as he's your friend, but have no authority apart from what you give them. When you see God for yourself you'll have something powerful to reply to him.

Is this really about the concepts, or are you unsure what to do about it? What your practice should be to experience a vision of God? 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

21 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@machiavelli he is right. Jesus is an incarnation and embodyment of god. He is literaly god himself in human form.

But that doesn't mean he's the only one like that. God can incarnate himself through jesus and he can incarnate himself through buddha. All enlightened beings are gods and imagines of what god looks like and are one with everything just like jesus imo. 

Man you are not understanding what he was saying. He insists Jesus as God appeared on earth in its infinite form and disclosed its true form as anthropomorphic.
He says god has image and we must worship jesus only and no other God.

He says god appeared on earth as jesus in its true form having complete omniscient, omnipotent, infinitely intelligent form. You get that?

Actually I have doubt as most polytheist religion also worship individual gods . For ex- Roman mythology , Celtic mythology, egyption mythology etc.

As you can see from the dawn of human civilization human are worshiping more than 5000 gods .  This confuses me all.

If god is consciousness and formless and god can only incarnate by limiting itself in human form . Then it means humans are worshiping humans since ages?

7 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Okay… do you understand that the anthropomorphic form is not infinite form?  In order to be in the anthropomorphic form, you have to not be in the form of a horse, or a cat, or a bird, or a car or any other form.  You cannot be in any perceivable form and be in infinite form. If you are in any perceivable form, you are a finite form.  Infinity is formless, and yet it holds within it all possible form.  So Jesus was God, because God includes with in it the form and identity of Jesus. But he is no more God than you are or I am.  We are all God incarnate.  Jesus was merely trying to communicate this to the people of his time and people completely misunderstood what he was saying.

So jesus was just god in human ( limited form ) ? Am I right?

Edited by machiavelli

36 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

But my friend says I must pray to jesus only as God has image. 

Why are you listening to someone that is imaginary? Lol