WokeBloke

Non Existence

116 posts in this topic

Thinking about thoughts. 

Defining thinker - The source/creator of thoughts

Could thoughts be thinking themselves?

In other words does this thought think this thought. Or do thoughts create themselves?

Prior to the thought being created it did not exist.

Could a thought give birth to itself?

Essentially what is being proposed is something that does not exist creates something that exists. Or thoughts begin to exist by themselves.

I don't know if anyone has any comments on this. It sounds absurd to me that non-existence could create something that exists.

Thus, I claim that thoughts do not create thoughts. And therefore the source of thoughts is not thoughts but rather that which is beyond/prior to thoughts. Or existence itself. Also referred to as I. 

3 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

I don't know if anyone has any comments on this. It sounds absurd to me that non-existence could create something that exists.

What was existence before the universe was born?

@WelcometoReality understand that Existence is eternal and has no beginning, no end.  The Universe was never born. 

What comes after the last number in an infinite series?  Do you see how that question is senseless, because an infinite series doesn't have a 'last number'? The concept of 'after infinity' is as nonsensical as 'before the universe began'. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

“Thinking” doesn’t add up to direct experience, sans of thoughts. Water isn’t wet.

Aversion.

Meditation.

Emotion.

Expressive journaling.

This is Actualized.org, not Conceptualized.org. 

Receive the pointing(s) to the guidance to the Real. Don’t settle for the rumination of the pointings. 

♥️ 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

@WelcometoReality understand that Existence is eternal and has no beginning, no end.  The Universe was never born. 

What comes after the last number in an infinite series?  Do you see how that question is senseless, because an infinite series doesn't have a 'last number'... the concept of 'after infinity' is as nonsensical as 'before the universe began'. 

You are equating the universe with existence which I'm not doing in my post but trying to point to something else. If it doesn't make sense to you then you could contemplate on it or just ignore it.

We could have a discussion about this on a conceptual level but I think that would be off topic.

@WelcometoReality I am absolutely equating 'the Universe' with 'existence'.   There is one Universe, which is the totality of that which exists. 

3 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@WelcometoReality I am absolutely equating 'the Universe' with 'existence'.   There is one Universe, which is the totality of that which exists. 

But I'm not in my question so you have to put your beliefs aside when contemplating it. ?

@WelcometoReality then I don't know what you mean by 'Universe', and I'm not sure that you do either.   Please define 'Universe' for me. 

@WelcometoReality from the article- 

"The universe is all of space and time[a] and their contents"

There is nothing which exists 'outside the Universe', because the Universe is 'all encompassing'. 

The Universe is 'whatever exists'. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

Also from the article you shared as your definition of 'Universe'- 

"The universe is often defined as "the totality of existence", or everything that exists, everything that has existed, and everything that will exist."

4 hours ago, Michal__ said:

The thinker is a thought.

that was made by the thinker.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

“Thinking” doesn’t add up to direct experience, sans of thoughts. Water isn’t wet.

Aversion.

Meditation.

Emotion.

Expressive journaling.

This is Actualized.org, not Conceptualized.org. 

Receive the pointing(s) to the guidance to the Real. Don’t settle for the rumination of the pointings. 

♥️ 

If you aren't the thinker/creator of your thoughts then you are enslaved by thoughts eternally.

43 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@WelcometoReality from the article- 

"The universe is all of space and time[a] and their contents"

There is nothing which exists 'outside the Universe', because the Universe is 'all encompassing'. 

You said this:

4 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

understand that Existence is eternal and has no beginning, no end.  The Universe was never born. 

And in the article it says:

"The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological description of the development of the universe. According to this theory, space and time emerged together 13.787±0.020 billion years ago,[11] and the universe has been expanding ever since. While the spatial size of the entire universe is unknown,[3] the cosmic inflation equation indicates that it must have a minimum diameter of 23 trillion light years,[12] and it is possible to measure the size of the observable universe, which is approximately 93 billion light-years in diameter at the present day."

It's big but not infinite and you're still taking this from a belief based perspective which wasn't the meaning of my question. If your not willing to introspect and contemplate then just let go and move along.

Edited by WelcometoReality

12 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

If you aren't the thinker/creator of your thoughts then you are enslaved by thoughts eternally.

Who’s thoughts. 

26 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Who’s thoughts. 

the one who experiences thoughts (referred to as you/I).

when you respond if you do not create your response then you are essentially a puppet.

Edited by WokeBloke

43 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

"The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological description of the development of the universe."

Also in the article, at the end. - "There are many competing hypotheses about the ultimate fate of the universe and about what, if anything, preceded the Big Bang, while other physicists and philosophers refuse to speculate, doubting that information about prior states will ever be accessible."  (settling for 'we can't know what came before, so nothing came before, is like looking at a safe you can't open, and coming to the conclusion that since you can't know what's inside, there isn't anything inside.) 

I did a little contemplating on my lunch break, while I was driving. 

I considered, 'how long does non-existence exist?' and the only answer I could come up with, is 'not at all'.   If 'non-existence' is finite, then it is encapsulated by 'existence', otherwise, how would you tell how long non-existence occurred?  If 'non-existence' is infinite, then 'existence' can never be. But existence IS, now.. so I know 'non-existence' can not be infinite.  'Non-existence' can't sometimes be the case, and it can't always be the case.. so I know it's never the case. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

5 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

the one who experiences thoughts (referred to as you/I).

‘The one who experiences thoughts’ is a thought.