Hero in progress

You Can't Be Free If You Judge People

26 posts in this topic

The mind can have the tendency to jugde.

A thought will arise in awareness for example, "That guy is a bum!"

"Thats a ugly lady" lol 

And so on.

You have to give up judging!

Because if you judge people you can't be free.

Judging is something the mind is taught to do. 

Its not really you.

This whole thing is magic! Do you not agree? This whole thing we call life.

Don't judge life, don't judge yourself.

Be free.

Live in the moment! Fall in love with it.

It is your devine will.

To love eachother, to be vulnerable with each other & not always compare and compete with one another.

I accept you as you are whether your the most egocentric person going or the most awakened being.

We are all this magic. Regardless.

Love now! Not the word or idea of now but look in front of you. That! 

Edited by Callum A

@Aware YES!

As crazy as it seems to the mind. I am you and you are me. 

Life is so paradoxical

But come on we are floating on a rock in infinite space. 

This whole thing is magic, a miracle!

look up at the glittering sky of the cosmos at night, its unbelievable.

@Callum A Awareness can't differ from one another.

We do like to play the pretending game that we are not ourself, and pretend we have good reason to be not ourselves.

Yes,I am aware I speak to you, just as I speak to myself. I wish I could understand you, could understand me better by pretending I am someone else, separated from you, guess its game over. I can't help it but to love, no matter how much one hates, when I figured out who they are, I love Callum, I love.

I wish that people could hear me, but they will hear themselves. And when I hear myself, I cannot help it, but to love Callum, to love.

I wish you could be separated from me, but when I see how this is not possible and our wishes are no different, I cannot help it, but to love Callum, to love.

I wish we could become one, but when I see how this is not possible, and our wishes are no different, I cannot help it, but to love Callum, to love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBDIoLi3C4 Ahayah Ashar Ahayah, chant and be free!

@Callum A Problem is, easier said then done. I would add one more point, and that's to forgive the mind for judging. Personally from my experience, it's very neurotic at first when you start developing awareness over your thoughts, developing the tendency to control and criticize oneself for judging. A video I watched today actually by Ralph Smart reminded me of this simple point which might orient some of y'all actualizers, and it's to treat yourself nicely, by empowering mental talk. So the next time you be like, "Oh no, not this shit again, I need to stop judging ..." Say to yourself, it's alright for being dualistic, as "large non-duality" is all emcompassing. It's a blessing to be on the path, and I myself have a lot of delusions/baggage to clear up.

Cheers. 

I think that judging is like labeling, you are seeing what you want to see, not reality. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

"All that we are is the result of what we have 
thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil 
thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or 
acts with a pure thought, happiness follows 
him, like a shadow that never leaves him. "- The Buddha 

Judgements will kick you in the ass sooner or later!!! 

So how do I stop judging and accept people?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

3 minutes ago, sgn said:

So how do I stop judging and accept people?

I'd say see that you are judging people and just be aware of it. Don't try to guilt yourself for doing it, or try and deny that you are doing it. Just witness the behaviour. I find myself judging people alot, but I have gotten better at noticing when I do it.

Just now, Esoteric said:

I'd say see that you are judging people and just be aware of it. Don't try to guilt yourself for doing it, or try and deny that you are doing it. Just witness the behaviour. I find myself judging people alot, but I have gotten better at noticing when I do it.

Thanks. I have increased my awareness about it recently and I can see more and more  how it robs me of happiness.
I also noticed because of this awareness it then leads me to judging myself for having those judgments like you said.
It goes like: "Damnit now I'm judging again, and I shouldn't do that. Why can't I stop?".

But is there a next step once I recognized more of the judgments I make? How to eliminate it? Maybe cultivating understanding for why I feel the need to judge others? Maybe through more understanding of what drives people to act, behave, say, dress like they do etc? That maybe everything others do that I judge is just a result of they trying to meet their needs.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

30 minutes ago, sgn said:

Thanks. I have increased my awareness about it recently and I can see more and more  how it robs me of happiness.
I also noticed because of this awareness it then leads me to judging myself for having those judgments like you said.
It goes like: "Damnit now I'm judging again, and I shouldn't do that. Why can't I stop?".

But is there a next step once I recognized more of the judgments I make? How to eliminate it? Maybe cultivating understanding for why I feel the need to judge others? Maybe through more understanding of what drives people to act, behave, say, dress like they do etc? That maybe everything others do that I judge is just a result of they trying to meet their needs.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I too struggle with that you start judging yourself because you judge others. It's like an ongoing battle with your ego and how it should behave. Intellectually I know I should just accept my every judgement and negative behaviour and be aware of it, but sometimes it's not so easy. I think it's a good sign that you are at least acknowledging the fact that you are judging and noticing it. If you keep being aware of that and try to work on not judging yourself for it but instead noticing it and accepting it, eventually the behaviour will correct itself I think. I have noticed that I can't be an angel all the time, I can't behave the way that I "should". And I have been progressing well the last few months. Just be patient. Have you tried the "Do Nothing" technique? I have found it has worked great for me, since it teaches you to just accept everything as it is over time.

@Esoteric Cool. I have tried the do nothing technique a couple of times yes.

On 29/12/2016 at 11:54 PM, Callum A said:

The mind can have the tendency to jugde.

A thought will arise in awareness for example, "That guy is a bum!"

"Thats a ugly lady" lol 

And so on.

You have to give up judging!

Because if you judge people you can't be free.

Judging is something the mind is taught to do. 

Its not really you.

This whole thing is magic! Do you not agree? This whole thing we call life.

Don't judge life, don't judge yourself.

Be free.

Live in the moment! Fall in love with it.

It is your devine will.

To love eachother, to be vulnerable with each other & not always compare and compete with one another.

I accept you as you are whether your the most egocentric person going or the most awakened being.

We are all this magic. Regardless.

Love now! Not the word or idea of now but look in front of you. That! 

It's illogical to judge anyone, even yourself if one has realised the illusion of free will.

Everyone and everything is the way it should be at this moment. If judging arises, one should remember if they were in the shoes of the other, they will act the same way. 

There is no separate "soul" within every body, so Johny will be Johny no matter what. 

And if we add our spiritual understanding also, because until now i was just talking about what the realisation of no free will should bring, the awareness experiencing johny is the same awareness that is experiencing Dodoster and everyone else. 

So yeah only ignorance can judge and its a good way to see if you've attained liberation 

When we see another we need to notice the one subject (self) experiencing their bodymind object (including ego) and the subject experiencing our bodymind object (including ego) is the same.

The only thing is to think about the best way to help them on their journey with our words or actions, because they are us.

Edited by Dodoster

-1/12 is Infinity